"Lost" Picard Jacket

aamom

[1]Dec 26, 2006
    • level: 1
    Hey, there! New to the fourms, so be gentle--LOL. My husband was lucky enough to own a jacket styled after the Captain Picard uniform. It was real suede and even though we got it at a discount, the original cost was $450. We worked at Star Trek: The Experience here in Vegas when were able to purchase it. Recently, he took it in to be cleaned at a place that sends their leatherwork out of state to be cleaned. Sadly, after quite time waiting to have the jacket returned, we were informed that it was "lost". After much "discussion", a settlement was reached regarding how much the cleaner should pay for replacement cost. We searched everywhere online to find a similar jacket without success.

Now, our real question is: How much would something like that be worth on a collectible level? Any guesses? Informed estimates? At this point we are just curious as we have already agreed to accept the dry cleaners offer. And we will never see a jacket like that again.

Thanks!!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

lobomensch

[2]Dec 27, 2006
    • level: 51
    Was it used on the show? Or was this just a replica made by a merchandising company? If it was authentic, I'd check the results of the Sotheby's Auction they had this past September, they did have a Picard "lounge" jacket up for bids, like the one he wore in "Darmok" if I remember correctly. I'd expect at least $1200, though have seen similar pieces going for up to $5000.

aamom

[3]Dec 27, 2006
    No, it was a merchandise piece, so likely not worth so much as an authentic one.

CruisD64

[4]Feb 27, 2007
    Just tell them its authentic and charge them like 10g's. Chances are it wasn't lost. More like it was stolen...