Most Underrated Episode?

lobomensch

[21]Mar 1, 2006
    • level: 51
    "Up The Long Ladder" does kind of have an ulterior meaning.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

LithiumAngel420

[22]Mar 1, 2006
    • level: 4
    lobomensch wrote:
    "Up The Long Ladder" does kind of have an ulterior meaning.

You're dirty lol

lobomensch

[23]Mar 2, 2006
    That's why I need my feet washed.

iceecatz

[24]Mar 23, 2006
    • level: 7
    lmao!

ok, i would have to agree that lower decks is probably one of the most underrated eps.

lobomensch

[25]Mar 23, 2006
    Interesting, most people I know always give "Lower Decks" a good review, same goes on here. I do agree it's not as recognized as BOBW or Yesterday's Enterprise, but I don't think it's really overlooked, either. One of the better episodes from NG's final 2 seasons. My favorite scene in that was Worf's comment to Sito (managed to get it posted here on the quotes too) about being too hard on herself. I always wondered at the end of that if she really was dead or captured, was kind of hoping she'd show up in DS9. Just wreckage and a report from Cardassian border patrols wouldn't totally convince me that she was dead.

SRP76

[26]Mar 23, 2006
    • level: 10
    Another one that I enjoyed was "The Hunted". Lots of fun watching some super-soldier find holes in ALL of the crew's strategies. Heh, one guy going Die Hard on the best crew in Starfleet.

AlanShore

[27]Mar 24, 2006
    • level: 3
    "The Hunted" was a fun one.

Would anyone consider "Data's Day" underrated? I personally love the way it's written, with the attempted Romulan sabotage (a very serious issue) seen from a humorous (in my opinion) perspective.

lobomensch

[28]Mar 24, 2006
    I love Worf's line in "The Hunted," one of the best in the series - "Danar! You ARE cunning. You must have Klingon blood, but the battle is over."
    Cromwell played a chickenhawk coward politician in this episode pretty well, too.

lobomensch

[29]Mar 24, 2006
    "Data's Day" was pretty good in being off the beaten track, I enjoyed "The Dancing Doctor" and we get to see Miles and Cake-o's wedding, too. Much better Data-human-observation episode than that wretched "In Theory."

jimisalive24

[30]Jun 22, 2006
    • level: 3

I like The Offspring for pure comedic delight. Is there a better scene than when Lal kisses Riker and Data comes in saying "Commander what are your intentions with my daughter?"

However, for me, the most underrated episode is Sins of the Father. Though it always gets rated in the top 15 episodes for me it is in the top 5. It establishes not only the rest of the Klingon honor storylines but, through his sacrifice of honor to save the Klingon Empire, this episode shows Worf's true character. Also it shows us a small sampling of life in the Klingon 'inner city' and has Patrick Stewart at his best. Finally, the final scene where the council, and his brother, turn their backs on Worf is one of the more poignant scenes and luckily it treads the line between poignant and hackneyed.

heeroyuy2006

[31]Jun 22, 2006
    • level: 8
    I think "Family" and "Darmok" were underrated. However, "The Chase" was the most underrated in my eyes. I mean it has the death of one of Captain Picard's mentors which had a definite effect on him. This makes the show interesting from an emotional and psychological standpoint. I also liked how the episode explained why there are so many humanoid species in the Star Trek universe.

spikefan657

[32]Jan 23, 2007
    • level: 5
    AlanShore wrote:
    What is the most underrated episode of TNG?

My vote goes to "Lower Decks". Very compelling story, and the poker game scene is amazing. "The First Duty" comes in second, despite Wesley, wih great performances by Ray Walston and Robert Duncan McNeill (a pre-Tom Paris role as a sleazebag).

I believe the character of Cadet (later Ensign) Sito appeared in both episodes.

All of the episodes with Q. Not just with this series, but with all of them that had Q, he just seemed to be like a bug. More irritating than a threat. Q could have been much better.

pjhasham

[33]Jan 24, 2007
    • level: 17

spikefan657 wrote:
    AlanShore wrote:
    What is the most underrated episode of TNG? My vote goes to "Lower Decks". Very compelling story, and the poker game scene is amazing. "The First Duty" comes in second, despite Wesley, wih great performances by Ray Walston and Robert Duncan McNeill (a pre-Tom Paris role as a sleazebag). I believe the character of Cadet (later Ensign) Sito appeared in both episodes.

All of the episodes with Q. Not just with this series, but with all of them that had Q, he just seemed to be like a bug. More irritating than a threat. Q could have been much better.

We're talking about underrated episodes, not ones you don't like.

One of my favourite first season ones is "The Arsenal of Freedom, which has one of the first best dogfights on TNG: IMO, it's up there with the Riker Manoeuvre scene from Insurrection, and the battle with Khan. I also love the sales pitch at the start, and the shootouts with the robots on the planet.

crl22

[34]Mar 5, 2007
    • level: 1

Who Watches the Watchers? - It's touching, thought-provoking, and very enjoyable, and IMO, it's the episode that marks the beginning of TNG's dramatic improvement from seasons 1 and 2. If I had to pick my top 10 episodes, this one would definitely merit a lot of consideration.

Honorable Mention: Darmok - It was plagued by some flaws in its plot, but the scene with Picard telling the story of Gilgamesh to the other captain in front of the fire was one of the best in the series.

beyonder007

[35]Mar 7, 2007
    • level: 2

i have so many.. but ones that have stuck out.. sorry i dont konw the episode numbers.. the episode where they all cant sleep.. adn start hallucinationg.. and there is this one scene where beverley crush er is in teh morg.. withall teh dead people and she hears a stir.. and they are all sitting up..

another episode is theone wehre they all get brainwashed by teh video game.. and only wesly crusher doesnt play it..will always remember how they are all chasing him down in the end..

as others have mentioned .. the conspiracy one.. wher they finally meet and kill the mother one..

i could go on and on..

and of course the one with  riker when that alien makes him older and pretents he has some weird disease to keep him on a planet..

how bout the humour in the q episode where he gets turned human!! lol.. i was totally laughting out loud to that one..

"q:captain.. i grew groggy..  my eyes.. were heavy... and i lied down and was unconscious for hours..!!!! ,picard:- yes yes.. you fell asleep...  q:HOW do you live like this!!?!?! "   and then the time when jordie is explaining to him eveyrhtign with teh commit or whatever it is.. and his first reaction is.. "q:AH..   geordi: yes? q: no i have a pain in my back" lol

Edited on 03/07/2007 1:57am

fabbaUK

[36]Mar 7, 2007
    • level: 1
    Yes I liked "The Game" manly because it had Ashley Judd in it as Ensign Lefler (leflers Laws)

One of my fave most uderrated episode would be "Loud As A Whisper" where a mediator loses his "Chorus" and has to learn to communicate with Troi's help.

"Peak Performance" was great fun introducing the "Riker Manouvre" during a battle simulation - christ Wesley saves the ship again!

Oh and "Booby Trap" - Geordie falling for the holographic Leah Brahms - which comes back to haunt him later in the series - great fun!

johntkucz

[37]Mar 20, 2007
    • level: 4
    Darmok is the best TNG in my eyes. 

JemHadar359

[38]Apr 14, 2007
    • level: 6
    If you ask me, there were several underrated episodes, chief among them Datalore,11001001,Contagion, Future Imperfect, In Theory, Schisms, Rascals, Lessons, and even All Good Things...

JemHadar359

[39]Apr 15, 2007
    • level: 6
    However, I would have to say that the most underrated episode is Datalore. I LOVE the scene with Lore and Worf in the turbolift.

jrsgalaxy

[40]Oct 2, 2007
    • level: 14
    My vote would have to go to Justice . I know , I know most of the first season is pretty much underrated and nobody knows how TNG made it through that first season, ratings wise it didnt correlate with the quality of the season. but i happen to think the first season was the best. Iheard or read somehwere thatRoddenberry was an aethist so when it came to religion they tried to dispell the notion of a higher being and tried to tell the people it was technology . It kind of does show if you watch the episodes its pretty apparent what they think of religion. And Im referring to TNG only not DS9 where the Bajorans religion comes into light . Remember Roddenberry had died during TNG so he wasnt doing any more writing.Who watches the Watchers is another example of that .