Star Trek Nemesis

CaptainPicar03

[1]Sep 25, 2008
    • level: 2
    The one person that I would have liked to see in ST: Nemesis is Dr. Pulaski. I know Guian and Wesley was in it. What ever happened to Pulaski after ST: TNG Season Two?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

skeeter291

[2]Sep 26, 2008
    • level: 60
    I remember reading in a book by Peter David... I think it was Vendetta, that Dr. Pulaski returned to the USS Repulse after her stint on the Enterprise. But in the series it was never brought up as to where she went. It was hinted that she went to Star Feet Medical to replace Dr. Crusher when Crusher returned to the Enterprise.

Scott-

jrsgalaxy

[3]Oct 19, 2008
    • level: 14

Why was Pulaski on the Enterprise and Crusher in SF Medical in the first place?

skeeter291

[4]Oct 20, 2008
    jrsgalaxy wrote:

Why was Pulaski on the Enterprise and Crusher in SF Medical in the first place?

Many stories are out there about why Gates McFadden left of the 2nd season. One is that she had a fall out with a producer and that caused her to leave the show. Another was that she wanted to work on more movies. But I heard her talk at a convention and she said that she left for the second season because she found out that she was pregnant and wanted to take time off to be with her family but sadly she lost the baby and was brought back in the 3rd season.

Scott-

pferreira86

[5]Nov 29, 2008
    • level: 17
    I remember reading somewhere that the producers didn't think that Dr Crusher as a character was working out and bringing in a different doctor with a different personality would help the show. When the producers saw that Pulaski didn't work as a character they realized their mistake and went back to Gates McFadden who agreed to come back to her role. This is what I read so I don't know if it's true although the documentaries on the Season Three DVDs seem to hint this might be the case.

jrsgalaxy

[6]Nov 29, 2008
    pferreira86 wrote:
    I remember reading somewhere that the producers didn't think that Dr Crusher as a character was working out and bringing in a different doctor with a different personality would help the show. When the producers saw that Pulaski didn't work as a character they realized their mistake and went back to Gates McFadden who agreed to come back to her role. This is what I read so I don't know if it's true although the documentaries on the Season Three DVDs seem to hint this might be the case.

Thats too bad about her baby...I always thought that was strange to bring in another doctor when I thought she did just fine in the first season . I had no problems with her .. She wasn't overtly annoying as was Pulaski...Didn't cause me to roll my eyes in every scene she was in and lastly lets see didnt lead me to believe she was a meddlesome instigator who hated everything Data represented..so yeah why would they want Crusher when they had Pulaski....Plus she was easy on the eyes whereas Pulaski I could never get past her 80's hair. We're lucky in one respect...
    thats that they didn't kill off her character as they do to everyone who leaves the show voluntarily or involuntarily...Tasha and Jadzia come to mind...So thank God for that.

pferreira86

[7]Nov 30, 2008
    I agree. Pulaski could be quite judgmental towards Data.

skeeter291

[8]Nov 30, 2008
    pferreira86 wrote:

The shows writers were trying to get the Spock/McCoy thing going on with Data and Pulaski and it didn't work. Another thing was while I watched the second season all those years ago (and later on tape) I always had a feeling that Gates McFadden would return because Diana Muldaur was always credited with "Special Appearance By" and never made it to the opening credits.

Scott-

edit=spelling
    Edited on 11/30/2008 4:46pm
    Edited 2 total times.

pferreira86

[9]Dec 8, 2008
    skeeter291 wrote:
    pferreira86 wrote:
    The shows writers were trying to get the Spock/McCoy thing going on with Data and Pulaski and it didn't work. Another thing was while I watched the second season all those years ago (and later on tape) I always had a feeling that Gates McFadden would return because Diana Muldaur was always credited with "Special Appearance By" and never made it to the opening credits.
    Scott- edit=spelling
    I always assumed that the "Special Appearance By" was just the network promoting the fact that they had a famous film/TV star starring on the show. But what you say makes sense. Cool.

seto1

[10]Dec 16, 2008
    • level: 16
    can someone explain the command position of commodore,they seem higher than captains yet they are rarly seen

jrsgalaxy

[11]Dec 17, 2008
    seto1 wrote:
    can someone explain the command position of commodore,they seem higher than captains yet they are rarly seen
    They are higher than admirals. El mero mero. NO thats not true. It seems to be Ensign ,LT, LT CMdr, then CMdr, Capt, Commodore, then rear adm. vice adm then , fleet admiral. I dont know what they do though. MIght be the first step to becoming an admiral maybe like a training position or something to help with the transition. MAybe its an unofficial title and more like a probation period to see if they can pass the requirements for admiral. MAybe that is why they are rarely seen or mentioned because the position doesnt last long
    Edited on 12/17/2008 5:20pm

seto1

[12]Apr 11, 2009
    In any case i dont see the rank anymore does that mean its been discontinued.

skeeter291

[13]Apr 11, 2009
    seto1 wrote:

In current Navy Terms a Commodore is a Senior Captain in charge of a small task force. This was replaced by the Rear Admiral Lower Half (or 1 star Admiral). So, as far as Star Trek is concerned the rank of Commodore came into disuse after The Original Series.

seto1

[14]Apr 11, 2009
    skeeter291 wrote:
    seto1 wrote:

In current Navy Terms a Commodore is a Senior Captain in charge of a small task force. This was replaced by the Rear Admiral Lower Half (or 1 star Admiral). So, as far as Star Trek is concerned the rank of Commodore came into disuse after The Original Series.
    Thanks for the response.

Batfreak99

[15]Apr 26, 2009
    I always liked Pulaski.

She reminded me of Bones.

Saying that, I liked Crusher too. It was wrong of them to relagate her to a few scenes in the movies.

pferreira86

[16]Apr 27, 2009
    Batfreak99 wrote:
    I always liked Pulaski. She reminded me of Bones. Saying that, I liked Crusher too. It was wrong of them to relagate her to a few scenes in the movies.
    I believe with Star Trek: Nemesis it was the writers intention to give Dr. Crusher a bit more to do and say. That's what he said at the time anyway. Didn't she and Captain Picard get a scene together in that movie? Compared to the previous three movies at least that's something.

Batfreak99

[17]Apr 27, 2009

pferreira86 wrote:
    Batfreak99 wrote:
    I always liked Pulaski. She reminded me of Bones. Saying that, I liked Crusher too. It was wrong of them to relagate her to a few scenes in the movies.
    I believe with Star Trek: Nemesis it was the writers intention to give Dr. Crusher a bit more to do and say. That's what he said at the time anyway. Didn't she and Captain Picard get a scene together in that movie? Compared to the previous three movies at least that's something.

I remember that scene they had. There was another one where she talks about leaving the Enterprise to go back to Starfleet Medical but it was cut. Poor Bev. She got the worst deal out of everyone in the movies

JediSnoopy

[18]May 15, 2009
    • level: 13
    Actually, my stepson is watching the show and asked me right off the bat in "The Child" if we were supposed to hate Pulaski. She just rubbed him the wrong way, probably because Data is his favorite character now and her constant criticism of Data grated him.

snake63

[19]May 18, 2009
    • level: 20

How did this skewed into about Dr Pulaski?

seto1

[20]May 18, 2009
    I have no clue how the android hating doc got to the new topic of this thread but ill go along.For the most part she was the next gen's bones right down to her philisophical debates with data,i dont think she was meant to be hate but personally being a huge data fan i
    never really liked her.