The Borg: Just Suppose...

TelFan7

[1]Oct 31, 2007
    • level: 6
    that in the TNG universe (and the other TOS spin-offs, as well, except for Enterprise. Was Q, another Q, or the Q Continuum it that?) that they aren't real, that they actually don't have any origins excepting the fact they may have been created by Q, another Q, or the Q Continuum?? I know that's probably not the case, but just suppose it were!! We know Q, another Q, or the Q Continuum could certainly do it!!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

scifinut99

[2]Oct 31, 2007
    • level: 15

no they did not create the borg. heres my theory. at one time there was a race they developed naoprobes to heal wounds and the nano probers became inteligent and started asimulating the population

seto1

[3]Nov 1, 2007
    • level: 16
    sorry dude that goeS against all we know about the Q

scifinut99

[4]Nov 1, 2007
    actuly the Q are afraid of the borg. and the borg queen tells data in first contact that the borg were once like humans and if the borg were created by someone in the Q cotinuim the rest wouldve eliminated the borg along time ago

TelFan7

[5]Nov 2, 2007
    What you both said sounds true but 'seto1' don't forget that Q is capable of creating life (which even though may appear natural, artificial, or a combintion, would really be just artificial)!! Remember the Robin Hood adventure? Q created all the extra people and surroundings by will, so he is certainly probably capable of creating a "made-up" race of his own!! But 'scifinut99' is probably right that the other Q's would just get rid of 'the Borg' or any other race if Q or another Q created them (maybe especially if hostile, like "the Borg").

rickyn2

[6]Nov 3, 2007
    • level: 22
    scifinut99 wrote:
    actuly the Q are afraid of the borg. and the borg queen tells data in first contact that the borg were once like humans and if the borg were created by someone in the Q cotinuim the rest wouldve eliminated the borg along time ago

Q afraid of the Borg? I think not. Where did you get that from?

scifinut99

[7]Nov 3, 2007

rickyn2 wrote:
    scifinut99 wrote:
    Q afraid of the Borg? I think not. Where did you get that from?

from the star trek voyager episode Q2 when Q tells his son we don't want to tick of the borg

seto1

[8]Nov 14, 2007
    but if the Q created the borg they should have no problem uncreated them unless perhaps what if the borg were made by an different Q from another region of space but like the ori were the ant ancients on star gate

scifinut99

[9]Nov 18, 2007
    lets get this strat the Q did not create the borg. The borg were once carbon based life form. The borg Queen in star trek first contact even admitted to being like humans once.

Codeguru

[10]Nov 19, 2007

Hrm, let's see. A single Q can end existance as the universe knows it with a thought, and they are scared of one metal clad pu$$y race because why? The only fear they have are the fears that they will come into breech with Q continum policy and get a slap on the wrist because of it...

Codeguru

PS- Also, power wise, it is not really feasable to compare the Q to the Orii. The ancients in Star Gate are maybe one step up from the Wormhole Aliens in Deep Space 9 only because they don't live... in a HOLE, heh. I know Voyager went a long way in trying to humanize the Q but I suspect any difference of opinion in the Q continum is only allowed to foster some soft of amusement for them.

Edited on 11/19/2007 2:14am
    Edited 2 total times.

TelFan7

[11]Nov 19, 2007

scifinut99 wrote:
    lets get this strat the Q did not create the borg. The borg were once carbon based life form. The borg Queen in star trek first contact even admitted to being like humans once.

Even though I doubt Q, any other Q, or the Q Continuum actually created the Borg (this is just a what if?) your statement doesn't prove anything!! Those could've been false memories implanted into them to make them believe they're a real race when they might not be.

GodEmperorJason

[12]Dec 1, 2008
    • level: 4
    By bringing Picard to the Borg, his intent was to demonstrate to Picard what else is out there and shake them of percieving threats to the Federation as merely the Alpha Quadrant powers. I think if Q created the Borg it would have defeated the point or at-least been dis-ingenuous, plus Q (De lance) was mischivous but he wasn't genocidal, and the rest of the continuum didn't even like how far Q (De lance) went.

seto1

[13]Apr 11, 2009
    Ok if the Q created the borg and thats one big if it would certainly goin with their m.o.The continum have a fascination with humans on a whole and their drive to better themseves ,i wouldnt be unlike the Q to test that drive with an ultimate enemy like the borG.I repeat again this is only a slim posibility,one that i highly doubt.

pferreira86

[14]Apr 14, 2009
    • level: 18
    seto1 wrote:
    Ok if the Q created the borg and thats one big if it would certainly goin with their m.o.The continum have a fascination with humans on a whole and their drive to better themseves ,i wouldnt be unlike the Q to test that drive with an ultimate enemy like the borG.I repeat again this is only a slim posibility,one that i highly doubt.
    The Q Continuum was always interfering but what purpose would they have for creating the Borg? Why? I think that Q and his people were simply interested in possibly the biggest threat to the universe.

seto1

[15]Apr 14, 2009
    pferreira86 wrote:
    seto1 wrote:
    The Q Continuum was always interfering but what purpose would they have for creating the Borg? Why? I think that Q and his people were simply interested in possibly the biggest threat to the universe.
    Ok think about this the Q are so far impressed with humanity and even fearful of them becoming better than them.So what better test would there be to this need for advancement while facing an enemy as great as the borg.For the record i dont think the Q created the borg i was examing simple posibilities of if they did,why.

pferreira86

[16]Apr 18, 2009
    • level: 18
    seto1 wrote:
    pferreira86 wrote:
    seto1 wrote:
    Ok think about this the Q are so far impressed with humanity and even fearful of them becoming better than them.So what better test would there be to this need for advancement while facing an enemy as great as the borg.For the record i dont think the Q created the borg i was examing simple posibilities of if they did,why.
    It never occurred to me that Q had the power to actually create a species from scratch although one has to wonder whether the Q created themselves into existence. Odd but possible.

seto1

[17]Apr 25, 2009
    The Q are quite posible omnipetent beings,almost anything is posible for them and for them humans are like pieces on a chess board.

JediSnoopy

[18]May 15, 2009
    • level: 13

Though the Q are omnipotent, they seem to be guided by their own rules, one of which appears to forbid too much tinkering with lifeforms in the galaxy. They may not be allowed to wipe out an entire species or create one - though I agree that they are certainly capable of doing either - without bringing down judgment by their fellow Q.

I fully believe that Q is capable of making real situations and real beings, however, he is limited by the boundaries imposed by his fellow Q. This may be why Picard referred to Q's "illusions" in "QWho?" as intimating that what Q creates is not real. We know that Q is able to and has created real situations. But I do not believe he created the Borg.

The Borg are just one of the ST universe's "naturally-evolving" species that Q was aware of and decided to use to teach a lesson to Picard. The Q do not fear the Borg, they simply follow their own rules of engagement and sending the Borg off on a quest to upset the balance of the galaxy may be one of them. In "Q2", Q's line was "Don't provoke the Borg" which, implies that the Continuum has established guidelines regarding the use of the Borg. Q2 suddenly thrust three Borg cubes into battle with U.S.S. Voyager which would have had repercussions that Continuum would rather not deal with.