The chase alien

Codeguru

[1]Aug 24, 2006
    • level: 6
    Heh, I can't believe I never noticed that woman was the same one that plays the changeling on DS9 but now that I've seen the episode again did they even try to change her look? It looked like all they did was give her an tan/orange colored dress and that was it. It seems like there should have been some storyline connection between the progenators and the changelings if they went to that much trouble to make her look exactly the same, even the nose...

Codeguru
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

lobomensch

[2]Aug 24, 2006
    • level: 51
    The progenitor had no hair, from what I saw. Could be that Salome Jens didn't want a make-up routine too different from the one she had on DS9.

Vortex8472

[3]Oct 18, 2006
    • level: 9
    I have wondered what they were thinking ever since I watched that TNG episode, its a strange coincidence. Maybe Odo's makeup was made to resemble the progenitor Aliens, because of the very basic and featureless look. But you never know!

Maybe the changelings have something to do with the progenitor species.

lobomensch

[4]Oct 20, 2006
    • level: 51
    I doubt the Founders had much to do with the Progenitors; they wouldn't have been persecuted by "Solids" so much if they'd controlled the evolutionary chain from the outset.

alex20020712

[5]Oct 23, 2006
    • level: 7
    Why the changelings would take humanoid form when they are just relaxing in their home world, is not explained by anything other than the fact they are played by human actors. The aliens are hardly alien at all, just modified humans, a result of lack of imagination and budget limitations. Still, TOS did much better dealing with more alien aliens, on a much smaller budget.