Watching the "Star Trek" series for the first time (Spoiler)

pferreira86

[41]Jul 2, 2009
    • level: 17

Spock is much older than Tuvok so that is a strong possibility. Spock was quite young in the new movie.

Edited on 07/02/2009 5:46am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

winoni71

[42]Jul 24, 2009
    • level: 12

Well, I guess that "All Good things Must come to an End".

Unfortunately I just watched the last episode and I have to say that along with most of the Seasons 5 and 6 episodes it was something to be remembered.

Now I will watch the movies and then move on to "Deep Space 9".

P.S.: Shall I continue to write in this thread or shall I rather open a new one on the DS9 forum?

seto1

[43]Jul 28, 2009
    • level: 16
    Whatever you decide ill be here more than there.

lazyjay

[44]Aug 4, 2009
    • level: 30
    winoni71 wrote:

Now I will watch the movies and then move on to "Deep Space 9".

Just don't be put off DS9 by the first 2 seasons. It gets really good after that. It's a bit darker in tone and heavier with the moral ambiguity than any of the rest of Trek.

winoni71

[45]Jan 5, 2010

I finished yesterday "Voyager" which I absolutely loved, and I watched the first episode of "Enterprise" today.

A very fun-fact about "Voyager": after having watched 103 episodes with the character "Seven of Nine", I just found out that although I was 1000 % sure that the actress was Denise Richards, in fact she's Jeri Ryan (who I never heard of before 10 minutes ago).

I am stunned, they are identical.

pferreira86

[46]Jan 10, 2010
    winoni71 wrote:

I finished yesterday "Voyager" which I absolutely loved, and I watched the first episode of "Enterprise" today.

A very fun-fact about "Voyager": after having watched 103 episodes with the character "Seven of Nine", I just found out that although I was 1000 % sure that the actress was Denise Richards, in fact she's Jeri Ryan (who I never heard of before 10 minutes ago).

I am stunned, they are identical.

Er, but Denise Richards is a brunette with brown skin and Ryan's a blonde with a more pale skin tone. How could they look identical?
    Edited on 01/10/2010 3:52pm
    Edited 2 total times.

seto1

[47]Feb 19, 2010
    • level: 16
    maybe he means another richards.

pferreira86

[48]Feb 21, 2010
    seto1 wrote:
    maybe he means another richards.
    Yeah and now that you mention it Paul McCartney could easily be mistaken for Garret Wang.

winoni71

[49]Feb 26, 2010

Well, after approximately 329 days I finished three days agowatching the Star Trek series.

I have watched 624 Episodes + 4 Motion Pictures witch make approximately 443 hours of footage.

It has definitely been worth it.

If I had to rate the series:

1) Voyager

2) Next Generation

3) Deep Space Nine

4) Enterprise

As for the Jeri Ryan/Denise Richards "similarity controversy", watch this picture http://images.teamsugar.com/files/users/1/13254/24_2007/clones.jpg.

P.S.: Will there ever be a new series?

Edited on 02/26/2010 9:29am
    Edited 2 total times.

Yaspaa

[50]Feb 27, 2010
    • level: 79
    Hopefully a new show, and hopefully no prequals.
    It's amazing how TNG's first season looks compared with the last. They must have had no money initially, the brass band music that crops up is hilarious, dum, dum, dummmm. lol. Awesome show, wonderfully cast, never to be seen again. (lip quivering)

pferreira86

[51]Feb 28, 2010

winoni71 wrote:

As for the Jeri Ryan/Denise Richards "similarity controversy", watch this picture http://images.teamsugar.com/files/users/1/13254/24_2007/clones.jpg.

Apart from both having pouting lips I don't see much in the way of similarities. Same type of smile though.

As for Next Generation's music during the first season the show was still finding it's feet and in terms of music the producers thought it best to emulate what made the original show what it was which included the 'brass band' music. I know it's not very flattering and it's especially noticeable in The Naked Now. But I don't regret the music during the early seasons. Ron Jones provided some great music during his time on the series. It's also worth mentioning that TNG did have a rather large budget to begin with, at least I think it did. The pilot story at the time was very expensive for television.

Yaspaa

[52]Mar 15, 2010
    • level: 79
    Unless the budget was similar but they would be able to re-use a lot of the sets etc in later seasons to spend the cash on other things.

pferreira86

[53]Mar 21, 2010

Yaspaa wrote:
    Unless the budget was similar but they would be able to re-use a lot of the sets etc in later seasons to spend the cash on other things.
    Yes, on Star Trek shows (especially this one) they always recycled sets and ship models from previous episodes and movies. But I believe on the Next Generation they had a slight budget increase as the series became popular.

jrsgalaxy

[54]May 16, 2010
    • level: 14
    pferreira86 wrote:

winoni71 wrote:

Apart from both having pouting lips I don't see much in the way of similarities. Same type of smile though.

As for Next Generation's music during the first season the show was still finding it's feet and in terms of music the producers thought it best to emulate what made the original show what it was which included the 'brass band' music. I know it's not very flattering and it's especially noticeable in The Naked Now. But I don't regret the music during the early seasons. Ron Jones provided some great music during his time on the series. It's also worth mentioning that TNG did have a rather large budget to begin with, at least I think it did. The pilot story at the time was very expensive for television.

Yeah not seeing the similarity either..maybe the nose??????? All did notice was how old and weathered Jeri looked next to Denise. (Maybe recent picture of Ryan and ancient picture of Denise could explain the difference.?