What kind of Star Trek props do you have?

Tronman100

[1]May 18, 2006
    • level: 11
    Of course, by props, I mean "Toys", but you know .

I asked here because all of mine are from TNG. I've a TNG Model Phaser I (The little one that was too small to be used on screen except for a few episodes), A model USS-Enterprise 1701-D (with annoying detachable neccels), and A TNG-Style combadge.

I also used to have a TNG-style computer that lit up and spoke with Data's voice saying stuff like "Computer proceed to warp nine" or "Prepare for transport" and stuff like that, and I also used to have an original series model shuttle craft. I (sadly) sold both of these in my teen years when I was going through a "phase", lol. I now deeply regret it and wish I had them back, maybe I'll see them again someday.

I also have some posters and I used to make my own style ships out of wood and legos, lol.

What other kind of things do people have and/or interesting stories?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

LithiumAngel420

[2]May 18, 2006
    • level: 4

I have nothing, but SO wanted to express this to my fellow fans...

I used to be the one that made fun of the stereotypical "Trekkies" who spent their time in their mothers' basements playing with Trek action figures and such. Now, as a fan, obviously my view is completely different; I am actually jealous of those guys (and gals) in the basement playing with plastic phasers and tapping their combadges to talk to one another... So please, let me live vicariously through you. Whatchya got?

Tronman100

[3]May 18, 2006
    Can't beleive I forgot, I had a Geordi LaForge Action Figure and a home-made wooden Visor from when I went out as him for halloween

And it's okay Angel, we forgive you!

minimoose01

[4]May 18, 2006
    • level: 5
    im planning to get an outfit.
    star trek.com sells nothing b ut crap now it's just shirts and mugs and caps with stupid catch phrases.

lobomensch

[5]May 19, 2006
    • level: 51
    Thtat makes two of us that REALLY hate StarTrek.com's merchandise. Nothing but junk for sale there, it's embarassing to look at - like I am going to wear a t-shirt that rips off the Las Vegas slogan or has a really crappy cartoon of an Orion woman on it, PLEASE.
    It's a poor reflection on Trek in general; I wonder how many non-fans have gone through that site and been turned off? Like walking into a 3rd-rate flea market.

lobomensch

[6]May 19, 2006
    Well, let me see, what do I have, toys or otherwise:
    I have the Playmates long-handle NG phaser here, Tron. Also have the "laser pistol" from "The Cage" as well. Cool sound FX on that one.
    A good number of the Hamilton Collection plates from the early 90s, of the TOS, TNG members and a few of the DS9 and VOY ones.
    Personally autographed pic of Mulgrew as Janeway (you've seen that )
    A few of the Playmates NG and DS9 figures in packages, along with the Original Enterprise, Next Generation Enterprise, Defiant - bought Klingon BoP out of Box cheap at a garage sale I think.
    Complete run of every Star Trek comic since the Gold Key series, am working on that, do have the firstr couple of Enterprise Logs though.
    All kinds of StarTrek trading cards, including some unusual ones including a Next Generation crew one plated with 24k gold and the entire set of 24 ST: TMP promotional cards that were given out by Rainbo bread, in indivdual loaves - let's see how easy those are to find now, ha!
    Tons of different books and paperbacks, even ones from the 70s and 80s when it was cool to read Star Trek books instead of the ones Paramount just spews out now. Believe it or not, there used to be shelves reserved in bookstores in the 70s and 80s for the old and new Star Trek novels/books, they were well-written and small in number.
    Every Hallmark ornament. Now with ENT dead, I am wondering if they will do any at all this year? There's still a bunch of the crew from all the series to go through, not to mention ships, would love to see a TOS Romulan BoP and Klingon D-7 BattleCruiser.
    Probably some othe various and sundry items here, will post if I think of them.

alex20020712

[7]May 19, 2006
    • level: 7
    Props? 
    Props, you say?

LithiumAngel420

[8]May 19, 2006
    • level: 4
    Wow, Lobo, I had no idea. Now I am curious about those Hallmark orniments. Any idea where I can get them at a low cost? I would love to decorate my tree in Trek.

lobomensch

[9]May 19, 2006
    You won't find any of the older ornaments cheap, the original Enterprise from '91 has a book value of $500 now, though some people sell it on eBay for around $200. Mainly, most ornaments after that can be had for $30 or less, though there are some that are showing signs of increasing, mainly the NG Romulan Warbird and Klingon BoP which I have seen going for around $50-75 now. Also gaining in value are the Defiant and the Borg Cube from VOY, those both had a list price of around $30 and most people won't part with them for any less. Check out Star Trek Hallmark Ornament on eBay search and it should pull up all ones people are offering, good luck!

minimoose01

[10]May 20, 2006
    • level: 5
    id just get a nice crew uniform you can find some pages were theyre sold for about half 100 dollars or so.

but theyre not being made anymore.

lobomensch

[11]May 20, 2006
    Don't know how good you are at sewing, but have seen patterns for uniforms on sale at eBay, have also seen the shirts for TOS there -- the ones I saw were L-XL sizes, too big for me, but perfect for someone like Comic Book Guy, I suppose. There may also be some stores on the web, might try Altavista or askjeeves.com to see what you can find. Good luck!

Deanna_T

[12]May 20, 2006
    • level: 28
    Props? Well I have no toys...but I have a Mr. Spock t-shirt doing the "Live Long and Prosper" hand symbol.

Do books count? I have the "Captain's Blood" book written by Shatner.

-TOS s1 & ENT s3 DVD's

-Star Trek Pinball game from the 90's.

-I plan to go as full uniform Troi for Halloween...I think I should looking for a good costume

lobomensch

[13]May 20, 2006
    Ooh, would like to see that pinball game. Is that the stand-up machine?
    Yes, books do count -- anything Trek, whatcha got?

Just remembered, have a really cool statue (about 2 feet high) of Kirk in TOS gear with the Phaser rifle featured in "Where No Man Has Gone Before," for example. Will have to take a pic of it some time, nice piece. Will post other things as I remember. (have lots of things here)

Deanna_T

[14]May 20, 2006
    • level: 28
    Omg...I forgot my Trek Encyclopedia circa 1994. It's a used one, was gift and has been very, very helpfull. And my other book "Captain's Blood" by Shatner copyright 2002 or 03...dont remeber. That makes 2 Trek books. I plan to buy the newest edition of the Encyclopedias...as soon I can find one locally. I know they are out there.

Lobo, the pinball game is actully a semi entertaining computer game circa 1998. It's a one desk game with 3 levels. A TOS level with Kirk's face and it yells "Choooooseeee A Tribble" and you to choose a tribble. Then 2 Klingon levels.

haha..the standup TNG game, yea right. If I had it, I would not be on line right now.

lobomensch

[15]May 20, 2006
    If you ever get a chance, track down the "Star Trek Concordance" by Bjo Trimble, preferrably the 1976 and not 1994 version, old one is so much cooler and fun to look at on everything regarding TOS.
    Love the pinball machine - does it purr when you sink/bump a ball? Well, that sounds pretty twisted.

BeautifulAkimov

[16]May 21, 2006
    I have a couple of old Star Trek episodes on VHS. It's from the original show. I beleive I do have the episode "The trouble with Tribbles. It's always good for a laugh. In fact, I do have a tribble somewhere, it makes that funny sound when you squeeze it.

lwnordrfn

[17]Jul 21, 2006
    • level: 3
    My friend is a fan of Star Trek Next Generation. I want to buy some of the books from Amazon. Can someone recommend any ? I know the Captain and the Doctor (was there more than one Doctor) are her fav characters. Help please !

lobomensch

[18]Jul 21, 2006
    The best Next Generation novels, in my opinion are "Vendetta," "Q Squared," and "Imzadi" -- the first deals with the Borg and a deadly new enemy for them, a sole survivor of a race that they assimilated using the Doomsday Machine from the Original Star Trek to get revenge on them and Picard and the rest of the crew try stopping her. The second deals with Picard and Q, and Q's connections to Trelane from the Original Star Trek episode "The Squire Of Gothos." The third deals with Riker and Troi mainly, and their relationship throughout time, including old age, lots of time travel in this one that is written quite well. Believe that Peter David wrote all of these, though you may want to look up the titles individually under Star Trek. Hope this helps.

DistantWords

[19]Jul 23, 2006
    • level: 7

First off, got my son a (I think it was supposed to be Kim).

I still have several glasses from Taco Bell for Star Trek 3: The Search For Spock.  A few books like the Star Trek Encyclopedia that covers up to 1999 (need to get a new one, lol).

Now for the worst part of my collection.  The part that I'm most proud of but kept me from saving any money.  I have a few hundread of the various action figures from several of the different "sets" from TNG, as well as a bunch of Micro Machines TNG ships.  Was the best and worst part about working at Toys R Us...  LOL

Of course, all that is in storage right now as I have no room to display them...

I think that's about it though.  Probably more, but I can't think right now.  Oh, I do have a few board games and video games...

lobomensch

[20]Jul 25, 2006
    Got your son a what?

I think I have some Micro Machines Trek ships in box too. Don't be ashamed of the Action figures and sets, especially if they are in their packages. That will be what's worth something in future, especially on the sets.

I have the Playmates NCC-1701, 1701-D, and Defiant in original boxes.