Worst Episode?

mantez

[41]Jun 12, 2007
    • level: 9

shades of grey was the worst epsiode as it was a cheesey clip showevery show did that in the eighties just look at macgyver they proberly ran out of moneybut other than that one all the other are pretty much ok some are good and some are fantastic

just remember they would have had a budget and they cant spend it all on one episode

some other episodes my mind may have wandered while watch but shades of grey istruggled to watch the episode

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

trekgirldana

[42]Jun 14, 2007
    • level: 2
    Anothervote for "Shades of Grey." (down with clipshows)

thedirtyberk

[43]Aug 3, 2007
    • level: 5

acdude15 wrote:
    Shades of Grey, hands down the worst TNG episode, maybe the worst episode of ALL STAR TREK shows!

I also must vote for "Shades of Grey" as the all-time worst for all the reasons already mentioned, with "Sub Rosa" as a close second... You'd have to wander into the territory of 'Gates McFadden stalker' to really appreciate that one.

But, if you think that's the worst ST episode of any series, maybe you haven't seen the Voyager episode "Threshold" (season 2, episode 15, I believe). That episode is nauseatingly bad in every respect.

Also, I've noticed that many TNG episodes are either ranked in the high 8's or 9's on this site or in the 6's, which does not seem to be quite so true with other ST series. I think this may be because TNG set the bar so high with the great episodes that people tend to judge the average episodes more harshly. What do you think?

thedirtyberk

[44]Aug 3, 2007

Also, if I were to go season-by-season as some have done, I'd say these (though the later seasons were harder b/c the overall quality was generally better):

1: Angel One, 2: Shades of Grey & The Royale, 3: Menage a Troi, 4: The Loss, 5: Imaginary Friend, 6: Aquiel, 7: Sub Rosa & Genesis

VulcanTwin

[45]Aug 12, 2007
    • level: 4

"The Bonding", only because of the forced, stilted, unemotional acting by guest star Gabriel Damon. I liked the performance from the rest of the cast, as well as the concept of the Klingon ritual of "R'uustaI", but that had to be the worst acting EVER from a guest star!

I willalso jump on the "Shades of Gray" bandwagon. The flashbacks were annoying, but the worst part was the lame script for Dr. Pulaski. It seemed Troi directed the medical procedure more so than Pulaski.

WyldStallyyn

[46]Aug 13, 2007
    • level: 2

Shades of Grey (for reasons already mentioned many times).

Also thought Man Of The People, Night Terrors and Mask were hard to watch. Otherwise, the series was superlative!!!!

House24Fan

[47]Aug 17, 2007

TNG was such an excellent show that I find it hard to think of many truly terrible episodes.My picks,though,would be:

Season One-Justice,Too Short a Season

Season Two-Shades of Gray

Season Three-Evolution

Season Four-Suddenly Human

Season Five-New Ground,Cost of Living

Season Six-Man of the People

Season Seven-Dark Page

Worst Episode I've Seen:Evolution-This is,I think,possibly the only episode that I could not stand to watch again.The plot sucked,the guest character was annoying,and there was WAY too much Wesley.Any episode focusedmainly on him ranges from mediocre-ish-to downright abysmal.Like this episode.

I haven't seen all the episodes yet(thought I'm close to it).However,I it seems to me that the majority of the lesser episodes are in Seasons 1 and 2 with some bad periods in seasons 6-7.The show peaked in the third-fourth season.

pjhasham

[48]Aug 17, 2007
    • level: 17
    House24Fan wrote:

Worst Episode I've Seen:Evolution-This is,I think,possibly the only episode that I could not stand to watch again.The plot sucked,the guest character was annoying,and there was WAY too much Wesley.Any episode focusedmainly on him ranges from mediocre-ish-to downright abysmal.Like this episode.

I disagree, the First Duty was great in many ways.

jrsgalaxy

[49]Sep 2, 2007
    • level: 14

I gotta say the worst episode has to be a three waytie between Too Short a Season (Rohners acting was terrible) the one where Geordi didnt get any with the Holographic Leah Brahms and the one where Geordi didnt get any with the real Leah Brahms.

I believe they were called Booby Trap and Galaxy's Child just for reference for anybody. I always thought the Geordi episodes were the most boring and were difficult not to just stop watching the episode and going on to the next one. I just wanted to watch the whole series complete and not have any gaps. Only reason I endured the many crappy episodes. you know just to have a sense of closure and to be sure I know what Im talking about.

jrsgalaxy

[50]Sep 2, 2007
    House24Fan wrote:

The plot sucked,the guest character was annoying,and there was WAY too much Wesley.Any episode focusedmainly on him ranges from mediocre-ish-to downright abysmal.

I agree . Supporting actor Wesley was allright. Main actor Wesley tended to be boring. A little Wesley in the episodes were all right. But when they were Wesley focused episodes they tended to be badly written.

owenedwards

[51]Sep 3, 2007
    I'm generally inclined to accept any and all opinions - for instance, I love the Geordie episodes, but those that don't, fair cop...but above I saw someone slag off "Darmok".

No Christmas card going to that guy. Incredible episode.

sporkman5353

[52]Sep 4, 2007
    • level: 18
    jrsgalaxy wrote:
    House24Fan wrote:

The plot sucked,the guest character was annoying,and there was WAY too much Wesley.Any episode focusedmainly on him ranges from mediocre-ish-to downright abysmal.

I agree . Supporting actor Wesley was allright. Main actor Wesley tended to be boring. A little Wesley in the episodes were all right. But when they were Wesley focused episodes they tended to be badly written.

Yeah, thats true.

stvoyman

[53]Feb 25, 2009

'Shades of Grey' is an obvious pick, but I partly forgive it for the writer's strike. So I'll go ahead and list a few from each season I just don't really care to see again:

Season 1: When The Bough Breaks, Home Soil, We'll Always Have Paris

Season 2: The Outrageaous Okona, Loud As A Whisper, Up The Long Ladder

Season 3: Evolution, Booby Trap, Tin Man

Season 4: Galaxy's Child, Half a Life, The Host

Season 5: Silicon Avatar, The Masterpiece Society, Ethics

Season 6: The Quality of Life, Aquiel

Season 7: Dark Page, Homeward

And there you have it!

Edited on 02/25/2009 11:10am

jrsgalaxy

[54]Feb 25, 2009
    stvoyman wrote:

'Shades of Grey' is an obvious pick, but I partly forgive it for the writer's strike. So I'll go ahead and list a few from each season I just don't really care to see again:

Season 1: When The Bough Breaks, Home Soil, We'll Always Have Paris

Season 2: The Outrageaous Okona, Loud As A Whisper, Up The Long Ladder

Season 3: Evolution, Booby Trap, Tin Man

Season 4: Galaxy's Child, Half a Life, The Host

Season 5: Silicon Avatar, The Masterpiece Society, Ethics

Season 6: The Quality of Life, Aquiel

Season 7: Dark Page, Homeward

And there you have it!

Hmm I actually enjoyed The Outrageous Okona, Ethics and The Masterpiece Society. The first one because it showed Trek could be light hearted. The second because it was new perspective on suicide and how another society viewed it . We view it as a cop out or atrocious whereas the Klingons viewed it as Help out your people and don't be a burden on them. And the last one because Ithougt it was fascinating to have a society where every single person knows almost immediately what his contribution as a citizen will be to his community. Thought that was one of the more brilliant ideas for an episode that they had come up with.
    Plus I gotta vote for Sub Rosa as the worst episode ever.

pferreira86

[55]Feb 27, 2009

Well, I can't just pick one so here are the episodes I don't like:

Angel One

Home Soil

Night Terrors

In Theory

Man of the People

Schisms

Force of Nature (Ha! It's amazing, nothing really happens)

Masks

Genesis

There are some others that I don't like but it's down more to my personal taste. But these are really bad.

Edited on 02/27/2009 8:39am

jrsgalaxy

[56]Mar 2, 2009
    pferreira86 wrote:

Angel One

Home Soil

Night Terrors

In Theory

Man of the People

Schisms

Masks

Genesis

There are some others that I don't like but it's down more to my personal taste. But these are really bad.

Agreed on almost every single one . I actually loved Genesis. Wouldnt it have been funny to have seen Data de-evovle into an Atari?

pferreira86

[57]Mar 3, 2009
    jrsgalaxy wrote:
    pferreira86 wrote:

Angel One

Home Soil

Night Terrors

In Theory

Man of the People

Schisms

Masks

Genesis

Agreed on almost every single one . I actually loved Genesis. Wouldnt it have been funny to have seen Data de-evovle into an Atari?
    Well...that could of been fun. It might of made up for the episode actually. Ha, ha!
    Edited on 03/03/2009 2:50am

jrsgalaxy

[58]Mar 4, 2009
    pferreira86 wrote:
    jrsgalaxy wrote:
    pferreira86 wrote:

Angel One

Home Soil

Night Terrors

In Theory

Man of the People

Schisms

Masks

Genesis

Well...that could of been fun. It might of made up for the episode actually. Ha, ha!

And you might want to watch Masks again. Brent Spiner actually shows some fine acting chops in that episode due to the fact he had to wear different hats. I actually found that episode wuite good.

pferreira86

[59]Mar 5, 2009
    jrsgalaxy wrote:
    pferreira86 wrote:
    jrsgalaxy wrote:
    pferreira86 wrote:

Angel One

Home Soil

Night Terrors

In Theory

Man of the People

Schisms

Masks

Genesis

And you might want to watch Masks again. Brent Spiner actually shows some fine acting chops in that episode due to the fact he had to wear different hats. I actually found that episode wuite good.
    Yeah, I didn't like Masks and I saw it recently as well. Data's multiple personality disorder is er...interesting. And did anyone feel with the jungle taking over the Enterprise that it reminded them of the film Jumanji?

Oh and in regards to Genesis I think Worf really needs to start taking some tick taks. Poor Dr Crusher...

stvoyman

[60]Mar 5, 2009

After not seeing this episode for years, I rewatched 'The Vengeance Factor' last night. It was HORRIBLE. I forgot how non-Star Trek the entire show felt to me.

The music was that cheesy 80's techno/synthesizer sound that was around most of the 3rd season, but it was BAD in this episode. Also the look and feel to the entire show was weak. The story was bad. The acting was bad. The Sovereign character looked like an old man to me, even though it was a lady. The yellow outfit in the midst of all that dark gloom from the Gatherer group - just seemed odd.

I don't know - just a horrible episode. Very non-Star Trek looking, sounding, and acting to me. It was absolutely campy, but in a bad way.