pferreira86 wrote:

Well, I can't just pick one so here are the episodes I don't like:

Angel One

Home Soil

Night Terrors

In Theory

Man of the People

Schisms

Force of Nature (Ha! It's amazing, nothing really happens)

Masks

Genesis

There are some others that I don't like but it's down more to my personal taste. But these are really bad.

Agreed on almost every single one . I actually loved Genesis. Wouldnt it have been funny to have seen Data de-evovle into an Atari?
    Well...that could of been fun. It might of made up for the episode actually. Ha, ha!
    And you might want to watch Masks again. Brent Spiner actually shows some fine acting chops in that episode due to the fact he had to wear different hats. I actually found that episode wuite good.
    Yeah, I didn't like Masks and I saw it recently as well. Data's multiple personality disorder is er...interesting. And did anyone feel with the jungle taking over the Enterprise that it reminded them of the film Jumanji?

Oh and in regards to Genesis I think Worf really needs to start taking some tick taks. Poor Dr Crusher...

Yeah it did remind me of the jungle scene from somewhere. I dont know if Jumanji specifically.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

pferreira86

[62]Mar 6, 2009
    • level: 17
    stvoyman wrote:

After not seeing this episode for years, I rewatched 'The Vengeance Factor' last night. It was HORRIBLE. I forgot how non-Star Trek the entire show felt to me.

The music was that cheesy 80's techno/synthesizer sound that was around most of the 3rd season, but it was BAD in this episode. Also the look and feel to the entire show was weak. The story was bad. The acting was bad. The Sovereign character looked like an old man to me, even though it was a lady. The yellow outfit in the midst of all that dark gloom from the Gatherer group - just seemed odd.

I don't know - just a horrible episode. Very non-Star Trek looking, sounding, and acting to me. It was absolutely campy, but in a bad way.

Is that the episode where Riker is tricked by an alien assassin that has changed shape into a beautiful woman? In my view it wasn't that bad but I still feel uncomfortable when Riker keeps shooting the assassin till he/she disintegrates. I can't believe the writers would make Riker behave that way. That really spoiled an otherwise okay episode.

Rewatching the show you gain respect or lose respect on various episodes. I now think The Defector is a terrific episode while my opinion of The Enemy has certainly changed somewhat.

stvoyman

[63]Mar 6, 2009
    • level: 4
    That's the episode! I too was shocked to see him take such an extreme action by completely phasing her into nothingless. I agree - its amazing how your opinions to certain episodes can change over the years...especially if you watched certain episodes at a younger age and then rewatch years later when you're matured.

cale1234567

[64]Mar 17, 2009
    • level: 7
    Tapestry
    lofty goals well acted but really flawed

stvoyman

[65]Mar 17, 2009
    cale1234567 wrote:
    Tapestry
    lofty goals well acted but really flawed

In your opinion, how was the episode flawed? I'm curious...

jrsgalaxy

[66]Mar 24, 2009
    • level: 14
    I thought Tapestry was well crafted, paced and plotted out. Adds a nice background story of how he got his heart replaced and how that incedent eventually humbled him and made him the Picard we all know.

pferreira86

[67]Mar 25, 2009
    I have problems with Tapestry as well although I can't seem to narrow down the main problem I have with it. The whole episode was a bit too grim for me and mixing the whole Quantum Leap style concept of Picard in a younger version of himself and then as a unknown crewman on the Enterprise never seemed plausible regardless of how well they did it. I think this episode is also representative of Season 6 & 7 being darker, less optimistic than previous seasons. Not a bad thing at all, but it's not what I'm comfortable watching in Star Trek.

jrsgalaxy

[68]Mar 25, 2009
    pferreira86 wrote:
    I have problems with Tapestry as well although I can't seem to narrow down the main problem I have with it. The whole episode was a bit too grim for me and mixing the whole Quantum Leap style concept of Picard in a younger version of himself and then as a unknown crewman on the Enterprise never seemed plausible regardless of how well they did it. I think this episode is also representative of Season 6 & 7 being darker, less optimistic than previous seasons. Not a bad thing at all, but it's not what I'm comfortable watching in Star Trek.
    It could probably have something to do with it being a conundrum. First Picard is on his deathbed because of his mechanical heart. So then having Q there conveniently helping him redo that one defining moment thinking that he won't be in this life threating situation. Then Picard playing himself at twenty something could've been distracting or taken from the quality of holding on to the story or being believable. Then there's Picard in his new life bored to death and humiliated apparently at being a virtual nobody. Even O'Brien wouldve been more useful on the ship than him . All this has a A Christmas Carol quality to it. Then in the end he still opts to stick with his original choices and Q allows him to live anyways. Its kind of what was the point in that. They really didnt resolve Q's purpose or motive for putting him through the paces like that. Why make him believe he is going to die, then let him beg for his life . Then Q tells him this is the only way to live only to let him live anyways because Q knows that Picard will beg for his old life back and face death rather than be this dull boring man . Could also be seen as a Deux Es Machina. Anyways despite all this things I pointed out they dont bother me and I still enjoy rewatching it. I dont find things to make me hate the episodes. I just watch them and soak them in. If they are good and enjoyable I don't nitpick the technical things.
    Edited on 03/26/2009 6:35pm

pferreira86

[69]Mar 26, 2009
    jrsgalaxy wrote:
    pferreira86 wrote:
    It could probably have somehthing to do with it being a conumdrum. First Picard is on his deathbed because of his mechanical heart. So then having Q there conveniently helping him redo that one defining moment thinking that he wont be in this life threating situation. Then Picard playing himself at twenty something couldve been distracting or taken from the quality of holding on to the story or being believable. Then theres Picard in his new life bored to death and jhumilated apparently at being a virtual nobody. Even O'Brien wouldve been more useful on the ship than him . All this has a A Christmas Carol qulity to it. Then in the end he still opts to stick with his original choices and Q allows him to live anyways. Its kind of what was the point in that. They really didnt resolve Q's purpose or motive for doing that for him. Why maKE HIM believe he is going to die, let him beg for his life . Tel lhimn this is the only way only in the end Q knows he will beg for his old life and death rather than this dull existence only to have him live anyways. Could also be seen as a Deux Es Machina. Anyways despite all this things I pointed out they dont bothe rmean and I still enjoy rewatching it. I dont find things to make me hate the episodes. I just watch them and soak them in. Ifthey are good and enjoyable I dont nitpick the technical things.
    I think you're onto something. The episode is quite depressing to watch, maybe I should watch it at Christmas? I totally agree about it bring hard to watch Picard in his 20s. It might as well as been Mr Burns from The Simpsons! It's still a good episode for what it tries to do I'm just not a fan of it.

jrsgalaxy

[70]Mar 26, 2009
    pferreira86 wrote:
    jrsgalaxy wrote:
    pferreira86 wrote:
    It could probably have somehthing to do with it being a conumdrum. First Picard is on his deathbed because of his mechanical heart. So then having Q there conveniently helping him redo that one defining moment thinking that he wont be in this life threating situation. Then Picard playing himself at twenty something couldve been distracting or taken from the quality of holding on to the story or being believable. Then theres Picard in his new life bored to death and jhumilated apparently at being a virtual nobody. Even O'Brien wouldve been more useful on the ship than him . All this has a A Christmas Carol qulity to it. Then in the end he still opts to stick with his original choices and Q allows him to live anyways. Its kind of what was the point in that. They really didnt resolve Q's purpose or motive for doing that for him. Why maKE HIM believe he is going to die, let him beg for his life . Tel lhimn this is the only way only in the end Q knows he will beg for his old life and death rather than this dull existence only to have him live anyways. Could also be seen as a Deux Es Machina. Anyways despite all this things I pointed out they dont bothe rmean and I still enjoy rewatching it. I dont find things to make me hate the episodes. I just watch them and soak them in. Ifthey are good and enjoyable I dont nitpick the technical things.
    I think you're onto something. The episode is quite depressing to watch, maybe I should watch it at Christmas? I totally agree about it bring hard to watch Picard in his 20s. It might as well as been Mr Burns from The Simpsons! It's still a good episode for what it tries to do I'm just not a fan of it.
    Yeah I know. Make it soo Smithers

pjhasham

[71]Apr 19, 2009
    Redemption Part 2: So much of the episode was fantastic: the revelation of Sela being Tasha's daughter, the story with Data and his first officer and the final scene with him in Picard's office. But the whole concept of the Tachyon net didn't make a lot of sense: either its so big that it would be impractical for the Romulans to, you know, go around, or it's tight enough that a ship can't just pass between the beams. But either way it was an implausible plot device. Also, Worf returning to Starfleet with no consequences from his resigning in the previous episode? Total cop-out. The first part was fantastic, as was the whole Duras arc, but the resolution was just bad.

stvoyman

[72]Apr 20, 2009
    After rewatching 'Pen Pals' recently, I must say I forgot how BAD that episode was...

pferreira86

[73]Apr 21, 2009

stvoyman wrote:
    After rewatching 'Pen Pals' recently, I must say I forgot how BAD that episode was...
    Oh come on, it wasn't that bad. Nikki Cox is so cute and Data just wanted to save his pen pal from an erupting volcano, which of course as we all know happens all the time in real life.

And Picard horseriding! See...a great episode.

Edited on 04/21/2009 9:21am

Batfreak99

[74]Apr 27, 2009
    • level: 2

The Outrageous Okona by a mile.

I'd take Shades Of Gray or the worst episode of Voyager or Enterprise over that mess any day of the week.

snake63

[75]Apr 27, 2009
    • level: 20

Shades Of Grey because its a clip show. Symbosis is Wesley at his most annoying.

jrsgalaxy

[76]Jul 29, 2009

I dont know why everyone hates The Outrageous Okona . I actually liked that episode. I liked seeing that lovable rogue hit on Teri Hatcher only to be pulled away at the most unconvenient moment. Take that Rocketeer. Plus he eventually went on to star on a very popular The 4400 which like many great shows are canceled before their time in favor of crappier ratings geared crap-o-ramas.

pferreira86

[77]Jul 31, 2009
    jrsgalaxy wrote:

I dont know why everyone hates The Outrageous Okona . I actually liked that episode. I liked seeing that lovable rogue hit on Teri Hatcher only to be pulled away at the most unconvenient moment. Take that Rocketeer. Plus he eventually went on to star on a very popular The 4400 which like many great shows are canceled before their time in favor of crappier ratings geared crap-o-ramas.

Yeah, I never had a problem with The Outrageous Okona. Always found it a funny and entertaining story.

bander8

[78]Aug 15, 2009
    they all are good.

KingofIPirates

[80]Aug 29, 2009
    • level: 32
    Eh, I honestly can't remember..