Star Trek: The Next Generation

Haven

Aired Unknown Nov 30, 1987 on CBS

6.6
  • One of my favourite Episodes

Deanna discovers she is to be married. Cue the obligatory spat with Ryker towards the middle of the episode. This one of the highlights when Wyatt has a bit of fun at the commanders expense - with Deanna feeling a little awkward.

Of course one of the main aspects of this episode is the introduction of Trois mother. Yes I agree she is annoying, but that is the whole point of the character. She makes me laugh when she places the crew in so many awkward situations. its never dull when she is aboard! As for her valet.... one of my favourite returning characters! Another great aspect of this episode is how Data acts. Bret still hasnt removed his emotional take on the cmdrs face - which makes him more amusing. The scene where Data asks them to continue 'their bickering' after Deanna's stiff rebuke and storming out has the rest of the crew holding their heads in their hands and making me laugh even more.

Apart from Deanna marriage, the other plot in this episode is Wyatts dream woman who belongs to a race of inflicted outcasts whose ship is on its way to rendezvous with the planet Haven. Nothing spectacular here, but a good source of additional information of the "universes" other inhabitants and provides some good backstory to the whole thing.

One of my favourite episodes.