Star Trek: The Next Generation

Remember Me

Aired Unknown Oct 22, 1990 on CBS

• science made exciting

This was one of my favorite episodes because for me it represents all that I love about TNG. while TOS was mainly dramatic and about interpersonal relationships, I prefer the general focus of TNG to the intersection of technology and moral choices.

I agree with the other reviewers...I wish that they had delayed the 'reveal' until the last 5 minutes when Beverly is trying to figure out how the heck to get off the ship. When she 'maps the universe' and sees that it has the same shape as Wesley's bubble, that should've been the reveal. Then the mad dash to engineering.

The first half IS really creepy, though. People start disappearing, first unimportant people then ones who we all care about. If you have any sense of claustraphobia, this episode will scare the bejeezes about of you!

This is one of the episodes I always think of in my favorites list, along with Picard becoming a Borg, the little scorpions silently taking over Starfleet (grossest moment of all TNG when they blow that dude up!), the episode where they all devolve (Barkley being a fav), and the last Moriarty episode.