Star Trek: The Next Generation

Sub Rosa

Aired Unknown Jan 31, 1994 on CBS

6.2
  • After Dr. Beverly Crusher buries her recently deceased grandmother, she becomes involved with a figure who appears to be a ghost out of a candle. It becomes an addictive love affair, which throws an already-grieving Beverly into deeper emotional turmoil.

Wonderful, wonderful episode. I just love the exotic homeworld Scottish Beverly comes from and we can see why she herself is exotic. I love how Beverly tearfully goes over her Nana's memories with Deanna.

Sensitive, somber Beverly is also affected by Ronin and they did an excellent job depicting the circles Beverly gets under her eyes and how her voice gets high and thin as she's drawn in.

I love the ending also...I liked how Beverly was the one who destroyed Ronin herself and saved Jean Luc, Geordi, and Data as well as herself from further harm by Ronin.

This eppie vividly captures Beverly's sensitivity and somberness also and viewers can tell Beverly had a very special relationship with her grandmother and we know it will take her a while to recover from Nana's death and from Ronin.

Really beautiful episode.