Star Trek: The Next Generation

The Hunted

Aired Unknown Jan 08, 1990 on CBS

7.8
  • The Enterprise is asked to retrieve an escaped prisoner from the Angosian home world. They do so only to discover that he is actually a military soldier, exiled to Lunar V after the war along with all the other soldiers.

While analyzing the potential membership of a planet, Angosia, one of its prisoners escape. The Enterprise is asked for assistance in capturing this dangerous man, and they do so, only to discover that he is actually a military soldier, and he, along with all the other soldiers were "resettled" to Lunar V after the end of their war.

There is one big problem with this episode. I wish I could have written in there that it was "well written", but unfortunately, most of the so-called "cool" dialogues sucked.

But anyway, the plot was really interesting. Two especial honourable mentions:

- Roga Danar's two escape attempts. Both were fascinating to watch, and had amazing tactical ideas.

- Danar's conversation with Capt. Picard, just before his second escape attempt. Brilliant. Not the dialogue, but the real show of strength of the two characters (Danar and Capt. Picard) that they would both be treating each other like fair and respected ... you know, I really don't know the word for this. They certainly weren't "enemies", but they were both trying to look after their own principles, while completely respecting and understanding the principles of the other. I liked that. It's not often that you have a conflict between two people who place such a high degree of integrity on the "other side's" perspective.

Needless to say, I really liked this episode. If you can get over the dialogue, and Marina Sirtis' BAD acting, you'll really like it.