Star Trek: The Next Generation

Timescape

Aired Unknown Jun 14, 1993 on CBS

• Not a bad mystery, with some creepiness too.

OK well, a few weird things in this episode! First of all, Picard's hand! What in the HELL! That was actually kinda scary! And not to mention the manic laughing and the screaming for help. That was pretty nuts.

That said, the mystery was pretty neat (was it a Romulan attack or a rescue mission? we dont know until the end, really). There were a few things left unanswered though - we didn't really see Geordi at the end, just left with the assumption that he's back. And also, we don't really know what happened to the alien young. Did they die? Go back to their own time? I can't put my finger on it, but the episode was not as engaging as others. Maybe this particular type of plot just didn't grab me. It was like an action episode, but with no action. It had a decent mystery, but it had a deus-ex kinda ending with the power transfer being the source of all the problems (and the solution). Definitely some good acting, though. BTW, "he just kept talking in one long unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic"...hehe. Patrick Stewart can be the funniest guy on the show when he wants to be.