Star Trek: The Next Generation

True Q

Aired Unknown Oct 26, 1992 on CBS

• Its Q again, sort of.

This episode is undeniably a filler. However, it can stand on its own merits. This episode gains the viewers' attention in a clever way. The young intern, Amanda, is a likable character. She is sweet, intellgent, gracious and kind. We are drawn into her story because we care about her.

Amanda slowly begins to realize the full potential of her new found power. She can do anything that she wants to. This episode encourages the viewer to consider what one would do with this power. Would you save the world? Bring back a loved one from the dead? We are also shown that having the power to bend others to your will is not always what its cracked up to be. There would be consquences to such a power. This is an interesting story line because almost everyone has considered what it would be like to have God like power. In True Q, we are given the chance to see what it is like.

Ultimately, Amanda must decide whether or not to join the Q Continuum. She is told that if she remains among humans, she must refrain from using her power. Here is yet another question: How hard would it be to stop yourself from using your power?

This may not be the best of the Q episodes. In fact, we see very little of him, but it is a good one.
SYFY