Star Trek: Voyager

Endgame (2)

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM May 23, 2001 on UPN

• That's it, most of Voyager watched in order from the pilot. Phew, what a journey!

7.1
    It took a month and I left out quite a few of the real stinkers (like Tsunkatse) but I've watched them in order and it was better than I remember....But first Endgame.

It's quite sad that Endgame highlites both the good and the bad of Voyager. Good: Some excellent acting (even Mulgrew), I thought Jeri Ryan gave her best performance in this episode; entertaining script; nice special effects but......Bad: I've got a firework here do you think Janeway could destroy a Borg cube with it? Just re-watch Q Who, that's the REAL Borg; Chakotay and Seven, where did that come from! Nice idea but it should have been started at least mid-season, not thrown in at the end; Tecnobabble; The alternate time-line doesn't feel right; And the biggest gripe, the ending. What happened AFTER they got home, that's what we want to know.

Voyager The Series.

Some great highs: Before and after; Time and again: Tuvix; Year of hell; Lineage and my favourite Timeless. Some dire lows: most of seasons 5 and 6 and too many more too mention (ok, I will, all those Q ones. Yuk!).
    If you watch Caretaker again I think you'll be suprised at how good it started out. It peaked around the end of season 3 and then was mostly downhill. For all it's faults and there were many, Voyager could still produce some brilliant stories, some memorable characters and leave you feeling the future's not so bad after all.