Star Trek: Voyager Forums

UPN (ended 2001)

I loved the series finale of Voyager, but... (*spoilers* for final episode)

ngdavis

[1]May 24, 2007
    • level: 1
    ... I thought it ended a little too abruptly. Are there any deleted scenes that show the crew reuniting with their families on Earth? Are there any books that cover this part of the story? I really grew to love the characters, and I just felt like we got a little shafted. Maybe Endgame should have been three parts! I guess what I'm saying is that I just expected a more satisfying resolution to such a great show.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

copygeek

[2]May 25, 2007
    • level: 13

Both Voyager and Enterprise were given really crappy final episodes.

My biggest complaint was that they hooked up Seven with Chakotay. Where the hell did THAT relationship come from? The Doctor should have gotten Seven. He was only in love with her for three or four years! Chakotay didn't seem interested in her until the LAST episode!

Tronman100

[3]May 25, 2007
    • level: 11
    copygeek wrote:
    The Doctor should have gotten Seven. He was only in love with her for three or four years! Chakotay didn't seem interested in her until the LAST episode!

Couldn't agree more. At least in the "future" the Doc ended up with his own really hot blonde! That's not my biggest complaint about End Game though, I just didn't like the time travel story line in general. Though it really doesn't bother me that they never showed what happened to the crew after returning, leaves it open for a movie (yea right) or novels or just to my imagination .

dman_dustin

[4]Jun 2, 2007
    • level: 8
    Yeah it didn't get the best series finale but as most shows end when they fulfill their destiny, the show ends "Like Cujo, where after the dog died, it ended". But it would've been pointless as it doesn't really bring much to the story (well maybe some hints about the future of the characters). I wonder if Voyager did anything in the Alpha quadrant when it got there. What Janeway said to Admiral Paris was a good part to end it.

nuclearbandito

[5]Jun 2, 2007
    • level: 17
    Tronman100 wrote:
    copygeek wrote:
    The Doctor should have gotten Seven. He was only in love with her for three or four years! Chakotay didn't seem interested in her until the LAST episode!

Couldn't agree more. At least in the "future" the Doc ended up with his own really hot blonde! That's not my biggest complaint about End Game though, I just didn't like the time travel story line in general. Though it really doesn't bother me that they never showed what happened to the crew after returning, leaves it open for a movie (yea right) or novels or just to my imagination .

Seven was showing interest during 'Human Error' and during 'Natural Law' they grew closer.

copygeek

[6]Jun 3, 2007
    • level: 13
    nuclearbandito wrote:
    Tronman100 wrote:
    copygeek wrote:

Seven was showing interest during 'Human Error' and during 'Natural Law' they grew closer.

Okay... THREE episodes! Although, I don't really count "Human Error" since it was only Seven having a romance with a holographic Chakotay. During that episode it seemed like the real Chakotay wasn't that into her, so it was more of an infatuation on Seven's part. I could see where they got a little closer in "Natural Law", but it still wasn't enough for me to make the leap of logic that would be required for me to believe that those two would have a Titanic-like romance.

doomcrow

[7]Jun 6, 2007
    • level: 3

You know, I've sat through "Endgame" a few times now and I still get a kick out of watching Starfleet assemble around Earth in response to the transwarp conduit. Janeway turning to Paris, "Position?" "Right where we should be,Captain". The Sphere comes out and Starfleet opens fire, but to their surprise, it explodes from within and Voyager slingshots from within.

"Sorry about the entrance, Admiral..."  In all the years of watching ST, I have to say that was ALMOST as good as the ending to Star Trek VI:The Undiscovered Country ("If I were human, I believe my response would be....'Go to H3ll.' If I were human.") or Star Trek: Nemesis (which made me cry like a baby!)

Flyboy212EAW

[8]Jun 13, 2007
    • level: 6
    doomcrow wrote:

You know, I've sat through "Endgame" a few times now and I still get a kick out of watching Starfleet assemble around Earth in response to the transwarp conduit. Janeway turning to Paris, "Position?" "Right where we should be,Captain". The Sphere comes out and Starfleet opens fire, but to their surprise, it explodes from within and Voyager slingshots from within.

"Sorry about the entrance, Admiral..." In all the years of watching ST, I have to say that was ALMOST as good as the ending to Star Trek VI:The Undiscovered Country ("If I were human, I believe my response would be....'Go to H3ll.' If I were human.") or Star Trek: Nemesis (which made me cry like a baby!)

Yeah, that was indeed one badass scene.

Massacist

[9]Jun 15, 2007
    • level: 4
    The show was ended on the highest point possible, Voyager made it home. Anything else would have been nice, but unneccesary for a good story ending.

Jadoud

[10]Jun 24, 2007

Yeah...everyone hardcore bashes Endgame. I mean it wasnt perfect but it was still pretty good. The only thing that I didnt really enjoy was the whole Chakotay/Seven thing... maybe its just me, but they really dont seem to fit as a couple and it came off looking kinda weird. But the end of the episode was perfect.

macadamwest

[11]Jun 24, 2007
    • level: 3
    Yeah, I totally agree. the Chekotay, Seven thing was really...

Random.

hp79

[12]Nov 25, 2007

I think the whole series fell apart when we didnt get to see what kind of greeting, and what else happened to the crew and the ship when they came home to earth. i meen we sat for several years and hoped that they would get home and see earth again, end when they finaly arrive we dont get to see how it was for them!

i dont have any (big) problems with neither 7 of nine - chakotay love story or the time travel. my problem is thati feel robbed on what i have been thinking of all these years, what will happen when they get home. i just want to sit back and soak in all happy reunions and heroic speeches from star fleet comand and such.

Voyager79

[13]Nov 25, 2007
    There are 2 books that cover the story immediately after Endgame. The first is called Homecoming and the second is called The Farther Shore. The books delve into the lives of the crew after they arrive home. The first book starts from the last scene of Endgame. I was hoping that they'd make them into a movie but they aren't obviously, which really sucks. But the books are good, I really liked them, and for all those who don't like the Seven/Chakotay story line I suggest you read the books.

hp79

[14]Nov 26, 2007
    im gonna have to read them then. But it dont feel the same as seeing it. And it feels more correct when its written by the tv series writers for some reason. But i need my closure, so what can you do.

thedirtyberk

[15]Nov 27, 2007
    • level: 5

I've withheld my opinion on this for a while, because I wanted to see the whole series first and get a good feel for the show as a whole. Now that I have, I definitely have to agree that the conclusion of Endgame is sorely disappointing.

I watched the show over the course of 4-5 months courtesy of Spike and I felt cheated when they just popped up at Earth, dispatched the Borg rather easily, and the credits started rolling. If I'd committed to watching the show weekly for 7 years, I'd be eternally bitter. They should've done an epic 3-parter. It would have allowed them time to (a) make a better, more innovative story and (b) show some of the homecoming that fans had waited 7 years for.

kentuckyfried00

[16]Dec 2, 2007
    • level: 1
    doomcrow wrote:

Hi,

I just finished watching the last episode as part of the Star Trek "Borg Fan Collective."

What exactly did Paris do? Did the ship beam itself into the interior of the Borg Sphere? Did it move into the interior somehow without getting blasted to bits? I get the part that Voyager ended up inside the sphere, I just don't know how.

That was an awesome way to get them through the wormhole, home. For a moment there I thought they were going to be stuck in the Delta Quadrant again.

FrozenHeart_

[17]Jan 11, 2008

This kinda dissapointed me, During the series you heard so much about the different crew members relations to their families, And it was one of the things I was looking forward to the last few seasons to see how they would react/say when they met them again, And it just ended.

I agree with that the doctor should of gotten Seven aswell.

Japanthewoman

[18]Jan 12, 2008

Although I wanted there to be more after the ending I think it was a good way to end it, even afterI speant all that time watching the entire series. Their point was to get home and they did and I think it would have dragged on if they had made scenes or another episode forhomecoming and such. Plus there would be way too much to cover so it's better that books were written about it instead.

And I guess traveling through a wormhole really speeds up the labor process because Torres had that baby awful fast. (But I know that's just how TV lobor goes. Bleh.)

lennydonkey

[19]Jan 17, 2008
    • level: 12
    Japanthewoman wrote:

I think it would have dragged on if they had made scenes or another episode forhomecoming and such.

I agree that if the majority of the episode was about, or after the arrival home it would defeated the purpose of the show being about "the journey." But I would have liked something more then what they showed. When the opening scene showed Voyager flying over the golden gate bridge and they turned it into a newscast it almost seemed like the producers were saying "yeah, we know this is what you wanted to see, but we're not going to give it to you." Just take move that same minute and extended it another 30 seconds at the end of the episode and I would have been much happier.

Japanthewoman

[20]Jan 17, 2008

lennydonkey wrote:
    Japanthewoman wrote:
    I think it would have dragged on if they had made scenes or another episode forhomecoming and such.
    I agree that if the majority of the episode was about, or after the arrival home it would defeated the purpose of the show being about "the journey." But I would have liked something more then what they showed. When the opening scene showed Voyager flying over the golden gate bridge and they turned it into a newscast it almost seemed like the producers were saying "yeah, we know this is what you wanted to see, but we're not going to give it to you." Just take move that same minute and extended it another 30 seconds at the end of the episode and I would have been much happier.

Okay, I can understand that. What I meant was, the homecomings themselves are better covered in a book because there can be a lot more detail where as telling the same thing on a TV show would have taken severals episodes. And that would have just wound up being anti-climactic.