Star Trek: Voyager Forums

UPN (ended 2001)

I want a new star trek show!!!

Samb84

[1]Jan 7, 2007
    • level: 9
    Why hasnt any network made a new Star Trek tv show yet? I really want one! sure they did the star trek enterprise but that one sucked. I want one set after Voyager return.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Delia_35

[2]Jan 7, 2007
    • level: 8
    I want a Voyager TV movie. =\ Ah well.

matrix103

[3]Feb 3, 2007
    • level: 14
    Their is a star trek motion picture coming out in 2008.

beyonder007

[4]Feb 8, 2007
    • level: 2

its highly unlikely theywill do another star trek adventure after voyager.. its been done before..

id like a voyager movie, but i suspect the series came to such a resolution that it left very few possibilities open for a movie.. of course there must have been politics involved ..

my idea would be a star trek series from the perspective of those guys from deep space nine.. the guy protects star fleet from things they are either unaware of.. or can not deal with through their typical dealings and limitations ie prime directive.. what were they called been so long .. section .. or sector 38.. or something.. that guy in black who is always pestering julian in deep space nine..

that would be cool..

or possibly a open ended mini series.. of random events.. that all happend beside or which directly effected events of subsequent series.. ie.. episode one.. is captain benjamin sysco.. fighting the borg.. and you get to see what led up his hatred.. etc.. and what he was like as a captain on that ship..

then maybe the second episode would start off with a bunch of klingons as they get that rare disease in that one episode in enterprise ..  in and in the end it would tell their whole story and how in the end.. theygot blown up by theklignons. .and right as it ends.. you would hear captain archers voice speak as their ship awaits begins to share the same fate.. 

and on and on.. the writers have endless possiblities.. they can fill pockets of missin info on from movies.. teh orginal star trek,.. voyager..  they can have them centered around vulcans.. or romumans.. as they fail.. or attempted to do things and were foilded..

OmegaForteGS

[5]Feb 9, 2007
    • level: 10
    I only liked Enterprise Seasons 3&4. Just when it started to become good... it got canceled. I wanna know who the mystery future guy is dammit!!!

I would like to see a DS9 movie, in which Sisko returns to stop a powerfull enemy.

Maybe a Voyager special to see what happends after they arrive at the alpha quadrant.

ElJorro

[6]Feb 14, 2007
    • level: 7
    I think since Enterprise was considered to be a disaster, they want do one anytime soon. What I think you be good though is sort of a half preguel, It involves the adventures of the Enterprise-B after the Original Series but before TNG. That might fill a continuity gap. Just an idea.

lennydonkey

[7]Feb 19, 2007
    • level: 12
    While I did like Enterprise I thought it's main weakness was since it was in Star Treks past that they couldn't go anywhere we haven't gone before. The Xindi crisis? Well I'm sure it works out fine since 200 years later earth's still there. That's why I thought a good show should go in the opposite direction, the future. Sort of a Next Generation, the Next Generation. Imagine how different the Star Trek Universe could be. Maybe Feringi have been voluntarily assimilated by a now friendly Borg. Vulcans and Romulans reunited. The Bajorans never joined Starfleet and have gotten powerful and aggressive with Gamma quadrant allies. Crazy? Sure. But no more so then TNG putting a Klingon on the bridge. And you'd avoid some of the problems TNG, DS9, and Voyager had of trying not to step on each others toes in terms of continuity. And delving into the reason for those new changes and political relationships could be as interesting as the other shows delving into the Klingon/Federation, or Bajoran/Cardassian relationship. That said I don't think there will be a new Trek on TV for a very long time. But wishfull thinking never hurt.

crownjewel82

[8]Feb 20, 2007
    • level: 8
    I solve my frustrations over the lack of a star trek series by reading the books.

darth_god

[9]Feb 21, 2007
    • level: 4

I've felt left out of the whole star trek world since the beginning of Voyager, and i don't know of any other way to get back into it, but with a new series...more like DS9...they could follow the Federation rather than just 1 ship...1 crew...

They have created a universe...let get out there and play in it again!

Lei_K

[10]Feb 22, 2007
    • level: 11
    I've always been of the belief that one of the major networks would create a new Star Trek series and that it was just a question of when. But after what I consider a complete failure in the recent Enterprise series, perhaps they are just holding off until the new movie comes out in 2008, or, thought I doubt it, never.

I'd be greatly interested in seeing what happened to Voyager when after they got home. I've read the books that followed, but still it was disappointing in the series finale to not actually see their homecoming.
    Edited on 02/22/2007 2:44pm
    Edited 2 total times.

Blizz127

[11]Feb 27, 2007
    • level: 3
    Well i was thinking that they could do a whole Delta Quadrant thing, they find some way into it and then they setup a federation area there. They could do it after Janeway saves them.

beowulf579

[12]Feb 27, 2007
    • level: 59
    I still think they need to test the waters again before a full blown star trek series. I would love to see a week long mini-series featuring different stories throughout the trek timelines.

1. A Mirror Universe Prequel; Fall of the Terran Empire

2. USS Argus; first Bajoran/Fed starship exploring the Gamma Quadrant, very diversed crew

3. Enterprise E; just a new adventure

4. Enterprise J; if anything Ent gave us, it is a tantilizing possible Enterprise and new adventures in all the quadrants

5. Farthest Shore; the Federation's first extra-Milky Way outpost within another galaxy

eliciab

[13]Feb 28, 2007
    I'd like to go on from the DS9 perspective. I mean there was this huge war which changed a lot of things and people. This is a great start for any story. For me Enterprise closed the whole prequel thing and I honestly don't want them to revisit any of those storylines.

Some years ago I worked on a Trek story arc about the Federation after a huge and destructive war. The idea would have been to see how they deal with the aftermath and how they learn to work with their former enemies to build a new order. There would have been voyages to assess the situation on different planets and see the destructions their own actions caused.
    Sadly I gave up on that story after the whole Enterprise debacle. It's still somewhere in my mind I guess I could start again, but I'm currently lacking motivation.

hazzy113

[14]Feb 28, 2007

Like Beyonder said I always kind of had an idea of a Star Trek series set up more like... err the Twilight Zone.

For instance each week there would be a different crew, on a different ship, with different story lines. The possibilities would be endless, one week you could do nothing but a Klingon story, next week an all Ferengi story, Federation stories, hell even Species 8472 stories.

The producers also wouldn't have to commit to a 7 year run with just one cast and one setting in case it didn't work out how they planned. And viewers would be able to see the whole Star Trek universe from so many different and unexplored angles.

Regardless of what they come up with, we really need a new series and soon. There are too many people saying Trek is dead and that's just not the case. And even though I'm excited about the new movie, it's not going to cut it, Star Trek needs to be on TV imo.
    Edited on 02/28/2007 4:14pm

lennydonkey

[15]Mar 2, 2007

eliciab wrote:
    Some years ago I worked on a Trek story arc about the Federation after a huge and destructive war. The idea would have been to see how they deal with the aftermath and how they learn to work with their former enemies to build a new order. There would have been voyages to assess the situation on different planets and see the destructions their own actions caused. Sadly I gave up on that story after the whole Enterprise debacle. It's still somewhere in my mind I guess I could start again, but I'm currently lacking motivation.

Wasn't Gene Rodenberry's "Andromida" a show along those lines? I never got into it but I remember it was about a human crewed ship after the glory days of a declining human empire. Maybe I should check it out. I also definately believe a new show should be in the distant future with a totally realigned power scheme. It would be fascinating to see the long term effects, both intentional and unintentional, of events we saw in the other series.

superg05a

[16]Mar 3, 2007
    • level: 1
    what about the relativity star trek based in the era where time travel is easy and they can get to any part of the universe relativly easy i think they perfected infinite volocity that would explain alot including the time travel aspects u can be any where in the universe at any time with the right targeting information

hazzy113

[17]Mar 4, 2007
    superg05a wrote:
    what about the relativity star trek based in the era where time travel is easy and they can get to any part of the universe relativly easy i think they perfected infinite volocity that would explain alot including the time travel aspects u can be any where in the universe at any time with the right targeting information

looool, that is.. well semi related to another idea I was tinkering with. A Star Trek show set in the future to where humanity had evolved into beings similar to the Q. I never forgot how scared Q is of humans, because he knows that one day they might surpass them, a large part of the early episodes of TNG are about that exact same plot. People would hate that idea I'm sure, and a series like that would get canceled pretty quickly I imagine, but I can't help thinking of odd-ball stuff like that. I just want a new ST show, I don't care what it's about. I loved Enterprise, so I'm not hard to please dammit.

eliciab

[18]Mar 5, 2007
    Yeah Andromeda was a little about that, but not really. It was more about a destroyed world and order and people fighting to bring a new balance. I got bored watching it. Some characters were incredibly boring and annoying.

I'd like Trek to go out of the Hollier than Though approach they had in many episodes of DS9 or Voyager. Enterprise being about the beginning was more interesting about that. This is what was so interesting about the Dominion war on DS9. For once you saw that to survive they were ready to lie and to kill. When you fight you don't always play by the rules especially if your enemy is stronger than you are. When peace then comes back you can't look at yourself the way you used to. This is something that would be challenging, not only showing new worlds and cultures but also see the damage your own decisions have done in your world.

WingedAlchemist

[19]Mar 7, 2007
    • level: 13
    What I'd like (and it's mentioned sort of already) is a return to the Delta Quadrant with Voyager.

The Federation sends Voyager back to the Delta Quadrant to continue mapping the quadrant, and set up a wormhole like the one by DS9/Bajor.

Of course, Tuvok would need to return to Vulcan for the disease he is suffering from.

A few extra members, and maybe redo a bit of Voyager to allow for more family environments here and there (Like adding a care center for children born on the ship) not too much changes. Make it more self sustaining with ponics' bays and maybe find a way for 'meat' to be added to the menu and such. You know what I mean? It would be a good show I think, because before they created the horrendous ending on short notice for Voyager, they could have gone on a while longer.

Seriously, there was a lot more they could have played with, but with one thing and another, they had to end the series, unvoluntarily, and had to make up a quick and (in my opinion) rather pathetic ending.
    Anyone wanna discuss? Please, PM me! I love Voyager, it's my favorite series. And it's nice, because Star Trek is the one thing I can talk to my dad about and we both know what we're talking about ^_^

hazzy113

[20]Mar 8, 2007
    lol, Voyager's final episode really was bad wasn't it. I mean it wasn't that it was a 'bad' finale, but they could have explored the homecoming a bit more as you said, it totally ruined the entire plot of the whole series.

It kinda went like this...

> Paris: Hey theres Earth!
    > Crew: Yay!
    > Roll credits.

If there was a new Voyager show (which I would love) I would like it to be a bit more... gritty. For instance

1) Voyager herself, it looked exactly the same in the finale as it did when it sailed out of space dock. After 7 years of nothing but battles it should have been falling apart at the seams you would think, the Year of Hell stories were about as close as the show got to that which was disappointing for me.
    2) Janeway's 'principles', while fun weren't very convincing, I would have liked the show to deal with their morality a bit more, I'm not saying turn the crew into pirates, but something more along those lines.
    3) and man o man, Chakotay and Seven? Was anyone else pissed off about that?

Just my thoughts though