Star Trek: Voyager Forums

UPN (ended 2001)

I want a new star trek show!!!

Delia_35

[21]Mar 9, 2007
    • level: 8
    hazzy113 wrote:
    lol, Voyager's final episode really was bad wasn't it. I mean it wasn't that it was a 'bad' finale, but they could have explored the homecoming a bit more as you said, it totally ruined the entire plot of the whole series.

It kinda went like this...

> Paris: Hey theres Earth!
    > Crew: Yay!
    > Roll credits.

If there was a new Voyager show (which I would love) I would like it to be a bit more... gritty. For instance

1) Voyager herself, it looked exactly the same in the finale as it did when it sailed out of space dock. After 7 years of nothing but battles it should have been falling apart at the seams you would think, the Year of Hell stories were about as close as the show got to that which was disappointing for me.
    2) Janeway's 'principles', while fun weren't very convincing, I would have liked the show to deal with their morality a bit more, I'm not saying turn the crew into pirates, but something more along those lines.
    3) and man o man, Chakotay and Seven? Was anyone else pissed off about that?

Just my thoughts though

Pretty much everyone was. Chakotay/Seven was a *terrible* idea.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Tronman100

[22]Mar 9, 2007
    • level: 11
    Yes, the voyager ending left a lot to be desired. The whole time travel seemed like a scapegoat....they could have come up with a far more inventive way to reach home (species 8472 anyone)?

ganados

[23]Mar 10, 2007
    • level: 4
    Kick off a telemovie exactly where voyager ended and have Seven say: "I'm breaking up with you commander." and Chakotay waves her off: "Whatever"

LaydeeLiberty

[24]Mar 12, 2007
    • level: 1

Yes I want to see another Star Trek Show or movie BUT I don't want to see a Star Trek movie about the life of Kirk and Spock at Star-fleet academy.

After six years of living in the void with the help of our DVD's this is the best these lobotomy victims at Paramount can come up with????  Hang it up NOW, please. . . why there is still hope. Is anyone irritated by this incredible blunder as much as I am? They wonder why their movies sometimes suck at the box-office? Why not TRY asking the fans what they really WANT to see????  This is an absolute horrid idea, one I cannot whole heartedly support.

As far as a series goes I think they should begin a Star Trek Franchise called "Relativity" a take-off from the Voyager episode with the same title.  Relativity was a Federation time ship 500 years in Voyager's future. I think that series could be really creative and interesting. First of all, it's in the future. . .and about time-lines so anything goes.  They could even visit other episodes of different series occasionally to intervene while at the same time have their own unique show.  Think outside the box please!!! With good Sci-Fi the possibilities are endless, you just need excellent Sci-Fi writing and interesting characters! 

It was extremely disheartening to see the final journey for Voyager come to an end! I think the show should have gone at least ten years with the writing talent it was developing.  The Star Trek franchise and Paramount have wasted these years of absence by silence which  just might end up biting them in the butt while delivering a devastating blow.  

The Voyager series was definitely rushed to it's conclusion. They knew the show was ending right??? But Seven with Chakotay?  That came straight out of  where????  (In my opinion, He should have ended up with Torres) Seven and Chakotay were oil and water together not even a conceivable match. Shame, Shame, Shame.

One of my biggest gripes was Janeway needed to end up with a soul mate. Sorry, I don't mean a member of the Voyager crew. I would definitely rule out Chakotay.  Janeway needed to meet her true match and find it in the conclusion of  this seven year adventure! The character from the episode Workforce, Jaffen, could have easily been added to several of the final episodes of Voyager. He could have been an Ambassador or Admiral with a science background one whose memories were altered, and stranded  needing a way to his home in the Bata Quadrant.  Kathryn was vulnrunable to his advances and if he was not an official member of her crew, she just might enjoy taking a few orders from him. (grin) They could have really developed their relationship with a few more episodes as a passenger on Voyager.   This would have given the in-control Janeway  time to get a little out of line.   Jaffen was someone Kathryn Janeway was extremely attracted but most importantly NOT a member of her crew. Janeway would NEVER have slipped under the sheets with Chakotay or became emotionally entangled, because that was completely against her TRUE character. 
    The thought of the passionate Janeway being alone without fulfilling her desire to have her own family is a bad example for the savvy family-oriented women who followed the show and frankly it is just NOT realistic for the Janeway character. 

I will say the finality of the show's elimination was not appreciated by many of the fans I personally know. It was cut. . . and then NOTHING. . . Even though we have the entire series on DVD I'm still suffering from Star Trek Voyager withdrawals. (grin)  This is one reason why I am so disappointed that the Paramount - Stark Trek franchise never gave Voyager fans a movie or two to tied us over until something new develops. (These executives are apparently clueless) Without a doubt, the Voyager crew with Kate Mulgrew at the helm, deserved a big screen high action-explosive Sci-Fi adventure! I'm still waiting, nothing is impossible within the realm of Sci-fi. . .but it is a good thing I'm not holding my breath!

LaydeeLiberty

[25]Mar 12, 2007
    P.S.

Yes !!!!! The Voyager finale could have really developed more of species 8472!  Or a movie to do this please!!!!!  I really wanted to see more of these creatures!!!!!   This needed to leave the door open for a movie or two or three to tied the fans over until they came up with something else?????  Even the caretakers spouse, why not another encounter? What about "One" the Borg creation created on Voyager???? Allowing him to infiltrate the Borg and develop a resistance?????  So many options for more shows and movies, what was Paramount thinking???? 

And let's just leave the Kazon alone, they were interesting but not nearly enough for the time spent with these squabbling tribes  Voyager ran into so many other interesting characters along their seven year journey.  More More More at least kick of the movie to lead somewhere new!!  Not Kirk and Spock's younger years!!!!!    Ahhhhhhhhh what frustration!!!!!!  

Delia_35

[26]Mar 12, 2007
    LaydeeLiberty wrote:
    But Seven with Chakotay? That came straight out of where???? (In my opinion, He should have ended up with Torres)

lol Where does that leave poor Tom? But I kinda agree. I think that they should have played out the B'Elanna/Chakotay thing in the beginning of the show (1-3 seasons), but I think they should have broken up and just been friends. Tom/B'Elanna is better. =) P/T forever.

And yeah, Janeway needed a man. Harry also needed a woman. Hmmm... J/K? Nah.... Too unsettling... Jaffen should have stuck around and Harry should have ended up with Seven. Chakotay can just be alone. I don't care for him much.

hazzy113

[27]Mar 13, 2007
    I think the producers got scared of something that they were working towards, something that might have been settled in the finale.

Seven and the Doc

That relationship had been building for quite a bit, it was pretty obvious what the writers were doing. And finally... in Renassiance Man (?) he confesses his love for her.... and that's it, you never hear another word about it, major disappointment. The "You are my sunshine" duet they sang together in an earlier episode was one of the more memorable Voyager moments for me.

MeMoiMeee

[28]Mar 13, 2007
    • level: 5
    What Trek needs to really do as far as personal relationships are concerned is come out and show G/L/B/T characters. If they can show 99999 different species getting along then why is this such a problem?

Regardless, I have been a huge Trek fan for years and years and I am really wondering if and when another good one will come along. Enterprise was a total snooze fest.

Delia_35

[29]Mar 13, 2007
    MeMoiMeee wrote:
    What Trek needs to really do as far as personal relationships are concerned is come out and show G/L/B/T characters. If they can show 99999 different species getting along then why is this such a problem?

Regardless, I have been a huge Trek fan for years and years and I am really wondering if and when another good one will come along. Enterprise was a total snooze fest.

Yeah, I remember in an interview when Voyager first started. Berman or whoever was talking about making a gay character, but obviously, it never happened. They said that they didn't want to just make a token gay character. Like, they wanted the character to have a real purpose. ::shrugs:: I've talked to a few people who were hoping that the Tom/Harry relationship would happen. lol. Ah well.

danielsun3750

[30]Mar 21, 2007
    How about a show set at Starfleet Headquarters, but with stories along the lines of Melrose Place? Huh? Huh? Could work. Come on! It'd be nice to see a bunch of Starfleet officers running around stabbing each other in the back, and jumping into each other's bed. With all the different species, the bed thing might have some interesting ramifications!

migege

[31]Mar 28, 2007
    • level: 3
    New StarTrek serial! And this time I hope it won't be cancelled... I loved Enterprise especially the latest episode.  

NathonJones

[32]Sep 23, 2008
    I agree! I would also like to see Sisko return!

NathonJones

[33]Sep 23, 2008
    I actually think "Enterprise" is the most interesting Star Trek series out! Enterpise is also my favorite of the Star Trek universe. But, I'm with you 200%, wanting a new Star Trek show to arrive after Voyager. Star Trek has unlocked the secrets of its past. Now its time for Star Trek to unleash itself like never before! I'm not talking about a movie or a fan fiction film here....I'm talking about a series after Voyager. If they don't want to do a series after Voyager it's okay with me, just do a series! Dr. Who is by far the longest running Sci-Fi action series, bringing with it a whopping 28 seasons. If I'm not mistaken Dr. Who started in the late 1960's black and white probably before the original Star Trek series. Dr. Who now lives on as a British Sci-Fi show which airs on BBC and it will continue bringing new episode December or 2008. To my knowledge, Star Trek is second in line as the longest running Sci-Fi series. So with all this new special effects technology an so on, why let Star Trek just die out? There is really no interesting Sci-Fi shows to watch today. There are some shows that try to mimic Star Trek, but Star Trek is just different! Star Trek is just too unique and interesting to give it a rest. It's also the only Sci-Fi show that some people watch. So in my opinion, with all the boring Sci-Fi shows out today which causes people not to watch TV. Star Trek might as well just bloom on and create all the Star Trek shows they can...maybe even 2 or 3 at a time!

NathonJones

[34]Sep 23, 2008
    Star Trek has absolutely no excuse to quit at a time like today when there is virtually nothing interesting to watch on television! Make use of all those Star Trek books by creating TV shows with them!

MCGlenn1981

[35]Jan 1, 2010
    • level: 6

I'd love a new series, but here is an idea for a Voyager TV movie, THE VOTH, They want Earth back! So much potential. I really liked their Technology, I reckon they would of whooped the Borg in a battle, remember when they beamed Voyager inside their City Ship, Awesome. (Distant Origin)

I really liked the cardassians, especially Garak. I'd love to see the Cardassiaans join the Federation that could make an interesting premise for a couple of seasons.

Their is very little known about the Beta Quadrant.

What about the the extra dimensional Baddies from Enterprise?

If there is is a new series they need to increase the the speed of travel to either Transwarp or Quantum Slipstream.

The show should be gritty like "In the pale moonlight" and I loved the MAKO's in ENT.

Section 31 was a great idea, more of them please! More espionage for sure.

I wonder what a Borg assimmilated Jem'Hadar would look like?, Would he need white?

pferreira86

[36]Jan 3, 2010
    • level: 17
    MCGlenn1981 wrote:

I'd love a new series, but here is an idea for a Voyager TV movie, THE VOTH, They want Earth back! So much potential. I really liked their Technology, I reckon they would of whooped the Borg in a battle, remember when they beamed Voyager inside their City Ship, Awesome. (Distant Origin)

I really liked the cardassians, especially Garak. I'd love to see the Cardassiaans join the Federation that could make an interesting premise for a couple of seasons.

Their is very little known about the Beta Quadrant.

What about the the extra dimensional Baddies from Enterprise?

If there is is a new series they need to increase the the speed of travel to either Transwarp or Quantum Slipstream.

The show should be gritty like "In the pale moonlight" and I loved the MAKO's in ENT.

Section 31 was a great idea, more of them please! More espionage for sure.

I wonder what a Borg assimmilated Jem'Hadar would look like?, Would he need white?

While Distant Origin stands as one of my favourite episodes I don't think it's popular enough that they'd bring them back otherwise they'd probably have brought them back on the TV series already. But I'd like to see the Voth again, definitely.
    Edited on 01/03/2010 6:22am

StarTrekGone

[37]Jan 7, 2010

Problem: The financial people think Star Trek space travel exploration has already been done. They can't find anything else in the Universe, now, worth making big bucks. Until these idiots leave Hollywood, limping with their tail between their legs, they will prevent it.

Just think of it: space travel exploration has already been done. Poof!

It's not rational!

pferreira86

[38]Jan 10, 2010
    • level: 17
    StarTrekGone wrote:

Problem: The financial people think Star Trek space travel exploration has already been done. They can't find anything else in the Universe, now, worth making big bucks. Until these idiots leave Hollywood, limping with their tail between their legs, they will prevent it.

Just think of it: space travel exploration has already been done. Poof!

It's not rational!

I think if a new Star Trek series was done it would have space exploration. The new Star Trek film even had a bit of that. You know, it's like the whole point of Star Trek's concept. They wouldn't ignore that.

trh70

[39]Oct 20, 2010
    • level: 2

For a new trek show to be successful, it would have to be completely separated from all past shows and movies. It would need to be fresh and new. A new trek show would have to do what TNG did. Have the show take place 100 years after Voyager. Doing this, they could do what ever they wanted. Exploring different galaxies, new technology, new species. This list go's on and on. Doing this would give Star Trek the same freedom that TNG had over the orginial series.

It is time for a new series. People are ready for it. A star trek set 100 years after Voyager is the only way i see it able to happen.

baskok

[40]Nov 5, 2010
    • level: 9

The ending of voyager was a bit sudden. I would have liked a follow up movie. Here's an example.

Star fleethas the ability of the tranfasic torpedoes and the shielding around the ship. So their enemies are becoming concerned. There 's a massivebattlewith the romulans and cardassians. Captain janeway feels guilty that she decided to go home withoutover thinkingwhat the new technologies might do to the timeline. There's a person from the 29 th century to correct this mistake and to bring back voyager to the delta quadrant. So admiral janeway is on her way to the past, when the person from the future tells her that her actions will cause a big war. But admiral janeway refuses to listen and reaches voyager. Know captain janeway must decide what to do. Go back homethroughthe tranwarpconduit or stay in the alpha quadrant.As an extrasuspensethere is he group of mutineers who are desperate to go home. They have aleaderwho finds the idea of an allpowerfulstarfleet a good idea.