Star Trek: Voyager Forums

UPN (ended 2001)

Poll: Best Star Trek Captain

Who is the best starring Captain from all Star Trek series.

Clemontine

[1]Sep 19, 2006
    • level: 23
    Yes, there is a thread about this already, but polls work much better.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

bigds9fan

[2]Sep 19, 2006
    • level: 3
    Voted for Sisko as he is by far the best.

shoesparkles

[3]Sep 19, 2006
    • level: 4
    I hate to be nit-picky, but I feel I should point out that it is Kathryn Janeway, not Katherine Janeway.

Clemontine

[4]Sep 19, 2006
    • level: 23
    shoesparkles wrote:
    I hate to be nit-picky, but I feel I should point out that it is Kathryn Janeway, not Katherine Janeway.

I seriously didnt know, they never spell out her name in the show.

Chewbacca9999

[5]Sep 27, 2006
    • level: 2
    Captain Picard all the way!

lobomensch

[6]Sep 28, 2006
    • level: 51
    Kirk, the original and the best.
    Edited on 09/28/2006 12:23pm

mysteriousopal

[7]Oct 3, 2006
    • level: 29
    since I started watching Star Trek with 'Next Generation' - it is Jean-Luc Picard!!!

forensic_fan

[8]Oct 7, 2006
    • level: 14
    Has to be Jean-Luc Picard!!

Noone beats him!!

Prymelord

[9]Oct 10, 2006
    • level: 1
    I would definitely say Katy Janeway. First of all, I had a difficult time choosing between her and Kirk. Think about it..... Kirk and Janeway were basically doing the same thing, there JOB!!!......BOLDLY GOING WHERE NO MAN HAS GONE BEFORE....Janeway's was more exaggerated to this pont though. Picard what he do...NOTHING!!! He Boldly went where everyone has been. What real dilemma did he have besides changing WES Crusher diapers. I mean give me a break, the Flag Ship of the Federation, was basically out there just doing patrols of the Region....You know I would be moody too if I was in Picard's shoes....You do know Earl Grey is a stimulant, right...Picard was on SPEED folks, only he was so slick about it, know one knew, LOL.....Definitely JANEWAY all the way!!! Besides she is easy on the eyes as well....well my eyes at least.

LaydeeLiberty

[10]Mar 22, 2007
    My Favorite Captain?  Janeway all the way. . . followed by Captain Picard

How could we ever forget the savvy captain Janeway with her integrity, confidence, stamina, and guts? Both beauty and brains, as we all know an intoxicating combination!  Although I will admit she rarely had the best lines, STILL she is a favorite character in the series.  She ALWAYS infused her role with a pizzazz that kept you wanting more. The entire DVD series is such a favorite in our household! I admire Kate Mulgrew both on and off the screen. She is a captivating women with a depth of intelligence and character so lacking in superficial Hollyweird.

I cannot overstate my disappointment with Paramount and the Star Trek franchise when they decided to CANCEL the series AND never bothered to give the many millions of Voyager fans a movie or two on the big screen. (Idiots)  PLEASE. .. Don't bother giving me some "parroted talk" about the shows ratings. . .I know far better than to bite on that inferior line of reasoning. . .If you want TRUE understanding about the "ratings racket" please see my other Voyager post in the thread about "Your thoughts about the new Star Trek movie". Prepare yourself for a real education. . . as I blast the "ratings" BS line of thinking. . . right back to the  Omega Quadrant.
    By the way, special thanks to all the creative
    Voyager fans who post on this board, other sci-fi boards and especially Youtube that keep Voyager fans coming back for more. .
    .Captain Janeway and crew are STILL obviously very 
    missed as well as still admired. . . ( At the very least, it is my humble opinion that they deserved a "Big-Screen"
    Hollywood style final farewell) 

macadamwest

[11]Mar 22, 2007

KIRK!!!! I love Captain Kirk and Spock and McCoy- well they are the ones I "Know" the best since I only watched Star Trek on TVLand and am getting really into it. I just love Kirk. He's my favorite.

Close Second would be Picard- again because it's the one I know the best. I remember being a kid and my best friend at the time drug me to go see Star Trek TNG movie about Picard being a borg or something like that and I was so insanely bored but I liked Picard he was OK. And then when I would be forced to watch TNG I just began to like Picard more and more- but- I will say he is the only charactor in TNG series I liked other than Data. I didn't like Beverly Crusher or Wes or Number One or anyone else. They annoyed me.

Then It would be Janeway. I really like her. She's incredible. She seems to be a great commander and very intelligent.

So those are my top 3 even though you really asked for one.

I tried to make it through the other Star Trek's but I can't. They just don't capture my attention and I don't like them. (Sacrelidge I understand!)

dphillips83

[12]Mar 23, 2007
    • level: 5
    I know this is a Voyager forum... and I probably should have voted for Janeway... but I was torn between Picard and Kirk.  I've been watching TOS on Nick@Nite and Kirk just has this flair that I still can't figure out what it is. He's arrogant but not bold headed.  So then I thought about Picard and I've pretty much have seen every episode and I've always been convinced he was the best person for the job when it came to heavy discion making.

My vote was for Picard.

matrix103

[13]Mar 23, 2007
    • level: 14
    I cast my vote for my favorite captain Katherine Janeway of the star ship u.s.s Voyager.

utgotye

[14]Mar 26, 2007
    • level: 4
    Kirk - great captain but handicapped but Shatner at times.

Picard - please...though he did get better in the movies.

Sisko - one word: badass. Avery Brooks did an awesome job. When I think Sisko, I think of him in "In the Pale Moonlight...".

Janeway - great captain, number two on my list. She always seemed to know a little too much about everything though. Not a valid complaint really.

Archer - Scott Bakula did a good job. I liked the way he showed humanity's rough edges. Too bad Enterprise was cancelled right when it was getting good.

migege

[15]Mar 28, 2007
    I voted for Sisko because he's the best!

CTinSA

[16]Apr 27, 2007
    Captain Kirk without a doubt.  Just take a look at his ability to command in Balance of Terror and you can quickly see that he is a man in charge!  I think the worst was Picard...wait a second...let me consult my Mommy and take a consensus among the crew, while considering Troi's input...ughhh!

puzzlingpixie

[17]May 1, 2007
    • level: 12
    Since this is the Voyager thread, I think there is some bias in the voting for Kathryn Janeway, either that or someone has (and probably did) rig the over 200 votes for her (especially seeing as there are only 16 posts on this thread) Either way, she's my favorite.

LaydeeLiberty

[18]May 2, 2007

You can only vote once on this poll so I think because this is a Voyager thread those that voted here or were betwixt and between two Captains simply cast their vote for Janeway.  I know I really like Picard too, but Janeway won me over so that is what I did in this poll. 

By the way, not everyone sees the need to post comments. . . especially since a poll really says it all!

spockish

[19]May 6, 2007
    • level: 2

puzzlingpixie wrote:
    Since this is the Voyager thread, I think there is some bias in the voting for Kathryn Janeway, either that or someone has (and probably did) rig the over 200 votes for her (especially seeing as there are only 16 posts on this thread) Either way, she's my favorite.

I suppose you're right, though actually DS9 is my favorite series... Janeway's jsut my favorite captain. Voyager got it right -- a woman's place is the captain's chair. 

corrsfan

[20]May 8, 2007

Sisko was awesome.  He knew when to be tough, he knew when to be flexible.  Best of all, his leadership saved the Alpha Quadrant and preserved Bajor.  "There's an old saying - fortune favors the bold.  I guess we're going to find out."  Fearless, strong, brave.  He raised the stakes numerous times to bring the Romulans into the war, take down Eddington, etc.