Star Trek: Voyager Forums

UPN (ended 2001)

Who is glad Kes is gone?

sfviewer

[41]Jul 30, 2007
    • level: 27
    Kes is okay, but i like seven of nine better.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Mikoto_sohma

[42]Jul 31, 2007
    • level: 4
    Same here... but I like the ocampans.

Lazdude

[44]Nov 16, 2007
    • level: 6
    I didn't much care for Kes, she was too mysterious, and her telepathic abilites became annoying. Seven was a much better character, with a deep backstory and decent character developement.

sonicx68

[45]Apr 20, 2008
    • level: 11

Blizz127 wrote:
    I dont know WHY they decided to get rid of her at all, the last few eps she was great with her powers so i dunno.. Sure Kes was annoying in a few ways but she was a good character, i think her and 7 of 9 could of worked together. oh well.

Agree Kes and Seven would have been a good team, I was so sad to see her go I'm a Kes fan

zorgen

[46]May 25, 2011
    • level: 1

thacrowbar wrote:
    Naw, Seven of Nine was so overused that the entire show basically collapsed.

OVERUSED? Surely you jest! o-O Seven was LOVED by every man in America and beyond! Who didn't love those Hooters and that tight outfit that showed everything we wanted to see?!! That was some fine territory! The people who didn't like seven were the flat chested broad beamed women who couldn't stand to see their men gape at those luscious casaba's. I NEVER got enough of seven and I've got 25 empty Kleenex boxes to prove it!!! LMAO!! Yeah..this reply is like 4 years too late but I enjoyed writing it. Hooters rule!!

pferreira86

[47]May 29, 2011
    • level: 18

zorgen wrote:

thacrowbar wrote:

OVERUSED? Surely you jest! o-O Seven was LOVED by every man in America and beyond! Who didn't love those Hooters and that tight outfit that showed everything we wanted to see?!! That was some fine territory! The people who didn't like seven were the flat chested broad beamed women who couldn't stand to see their men gape at those luscious casaba's. I NEVER got enough of seven and I've got 25 empty Kleenex boxes to prove it!!! LMAO!! Yeah..this reply is like 4 years too late but I enjoyed writing it. Hooters rule!!

I think this proves why some people don't think much of Seven.

ChipsTheButler

[48]Jul 21, 2011
    • level: 9

I've said it before and I'll say it again- high heels on a starship, where people run around a lot in (constant) emergencies, doesn't make any sense.

archangelwho

[49]Jul 24, 2011

Because they mover the show around so much where I lived I had trouble watching it and never saw the shows at the end of Kes time. I just give up and never felt like going back. But what I did see was that like many shows (Frank Burns on M*A*S*H) the writters lost control of Kes and never seem to know what to do with/how to use Seven of Nine. Again this is from very limited watching and watching out of order.

archangelwho

[50]Jul 24, 2011

zorgen wrote:

thacrowbar wrote:

You mistake LUST for love. Lust allow you to put up with someone even if you don't really care for the person.

lillinda

[51]Oct 25, 2012
    • level: 1

pferreira86 wrote:

zorgen wrote:

thacrowbar wrote:

I think this proves why some people don't think much of Seven.

Haha, I think the same. But although I might be more of a flat chested girl than a Seven of Nine, I like her character very much. And she is attractive without any doubt.
    25 empty Kleenex boxes sounds very much like OVERuse, by the way.

Sftblswtie

[52]Aug 5, 2013
    • level: 7
    n A Vision of the Future - Star Trek: Voyager, Stephen Edward Poe states that in 1997, when producers were ironing out the details of the introduction of Seven of Nine, they had already lined up Garrett Wang (Harry Kim) to take the bullet and leave in order to free up enough budget for a new main actor. Then that year, Wang was chosen by People Magazine as one of the "50 Most Beautiful People in the World." Suddenly Wang was in, and Lien was out.