Star Trek: Voyager

Future's End (1)

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM Nov 06, 1996 on UPN

• When the Sol system is destroyed in the 29th century by a temporal explosion, Captain Braxton heads back to 24th century Delta Quadrant to get rid of the Starship Voyager, because the only piece of evidence from the explosion was Voyager's secondary hull.

"Future's End" is Voyager's "Best Of Both Worlds". The episode opens in a nice fashion with the gypsy in 1960's Nevada, and then goes forward to 2373.

It's surprising that this episode was not included on the "Star Trek Fan Collection Time Travel" DVD set, since this has got to be the top time travel episode Star Trek has ever done. This episode keeps you in suspense from beginning to end. Even the comedic parts are really good. I remember seeing this episode when it first aired in 1996, and years later when it was released on VHS I got both parts, since I love seeing Tom Paris and Tuvok driving around in the 1960's camping van, and the flyby of Voyager was extermely awesome. Even the home footage was really good. Hopefully CBS-Paramount will re-release this episode in Hi-Definition soon. This is one episode that every one needs to see.