Star Trek: Voyager

One Small Step

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM Nov 17, 1999 on UPN

• Voyager encounters a subspace anomaly with a little of the Earth's spacefaring past trapped inside.

When Voyager encounters a sub space anomaly containing a lost Mars expedition, they can't resist going inside to retrieve a bit of Earth's lost history. But when problems threaten the mission, can they retrieve their lost crew members before they lose them forever?

This is really two seperate stories, the first focuses upon astronaut Lt. John Kelly who is orbiting Mars in the 21st century when his capsule is sucked into a sub space anomaly that suddenly appears. Through his log entries, we get to see how he stuggles to survive inside the anomaly until his capsule can no longer sustain him.

The second story is about the Voyager's crew and how, in pursuit of history and hero worship some members are willing to even endanger their own lives.

I have to say I really enoyed the Lt. John Kelly part of the story more than the Voyager part. I think there are many better Voyager episodes, but I appreciate them taking a different tack on this one so I can't really call it bad. I think it is worth seeing but it isn't a favorite.