Star Trek: Voyager

Repression

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM Oct 25, 2000 on UPN

7.2
  • Repression

Repression was a superb and very entertaining episode of Star Trek: Voyager and I really enjoyed watching this episode because it was fun to figure out what was going on, the story was pretty good, the actors were great and there was even some humor. It was cool that Tom took B'Elanna to the movies. This episode brought up old feelings of distrust between the original Voyager crew and the Maquis crew which was interesting. I like how everything ended. I look forward to watching the next episode!!!!!!!

• Worst episode of the series

4.4
    This is the worst episode of Voyager I\'ve ever seen.

Apparently in the future, the human race forgets how to dust for finger prints.

And the entire situation is resolved by Tuvoc suddenly making a decision to overcome his mind control. Deus ex machina. Wallah!

Really, the writers must have been asleep on this one.
  • A man named Teero sits in a room conducting some Bajoran chant. At the same time he is looking at a computer monitor with a display of Voyager crew members. On board Voyager, Paris takes Torres to his new holodeck program..

A man named Teero sits in a room conducting some Bajoran chant. At the same time he is looking at a computer monitor with a display of Voyager crew members. On board Voyager, Paris takes Torres to his new holodeck program. The holodeck program is set in an old style movie theater. Paris and Torres enjoy the movie they notice someone is slumped over in the front of the theater. It is Crewman Tabor he looks like he is in a coma. There is an attacker aboard Voyager. You will be shocked to find out who the attacker is? I rate this episode as a 9.7
  • Tuvok is brainwashed into being a religious fanatic from half-ways across the galaxy and, using mind-melds, begins recruiting other members of the crew.

This was one of those rare episodes where nothing really happened. No one was hurt, no amazing discoveries or new species were found, and at the end of the episode, no one was any worse for the wear. In fact, there weren't even any moral lessons or relations to today's world.
    I'm glad this is the exception and not the rule when it comes to the Star Trek genre. I enjoy coming away from an episode with the feeling that I have been exposed to a new line of thinking. At the very least, I like to enjoy some interesting special effects.
    I'd say the only thing that this episode did was show us yet another example of why Tuvok ends up suffering from a neuroglogical condition... which begs the question, "how many mind-melds can you go through?"