Star Trek: Voyager

UPN (ended 2001)

gabfan31

Star Trek: Voyager Fan Reviews (143)

• Fans want TNG, go watch TNG. Voyager was ace.

There may have been some crappy episodes, but this was the first series I watched and it was awesome. Don't get me wrong I liked TNG, but I just felt in general it was kinda boring sometimes. DS9... well after season 4 ok, but in general it was fun series. While not perfect and some obvious inconsistency, it was ace :)
  • Best of the newer Star Trek shows..

but still mired in a juvenile squeaky clean feel which is probably the opposite of what such a thing would be if it actually came to pass. People would probably not just take t in stride that they were hurled 70,000 light years from home with about as much of a chance of getting home in their lifetime as an apple has to write a symphony. The ideals of service are overly present in the script as if the adage 'it is not to question why it is to do or die' is all that matters. Quasi militaristic on a bad day. Kids stuff on a good one. Not the most abysmal TV ever made but it is often juvenile & predictable.
  • A better show than some people think.

A lot of people seem to despise Voyager. They say the characters are underdeveloped and poorly constructed, and most of the episodes are derivative of other star trek series'. However, one must realize that by the time Voyager came around, well over 300 episodes of Star Trek in various incantations had been made. There was bound to be plenty of overlap. That being said, Voyager did a fresh take on many of the ideas first explored on other shows.

Not all the characters are equally developed, it's true, but that's true of TNG and DS9 as well (a la Geordi La Forge) and I think the real reason people bash Voyager more is because there was less of a hunger for Star Trek when it came out, with TNG and DS9 preceding it. When TNG first came out, Trekkers were hungry for Star Trek and were able to ignore the inconsistency of that show, especially in the first few seasons.

Star Trek: Voyager is likewise inconsistent. There are some truly great episodes interspersed between awful ones. Ultimately, however, it has more good episodes than bad.

"Threshold" is generally considered to be the worst episode of the show, but it's really just solidly mediocre. The idea of Paris and Janeway hyper-evolving into lizards that procreate with one another is entertaining though far-fetched.

There are far worse episodes, like "The Fury" wherein the formerly good-natured Kes returns to destroy Voyager and re-write history in season 6. The writers wanted to bring Kes back for an episode but created a terrible story that ruined the character.

What stands out more than these bad episodes, however, are the ones that are very good. Resolutions, Lifesigns, Tattoo, Human Error, and too many more to list are great character episodes.

Voyager also had many Multi-part episodes with compelling plots and spectacular special effects, especially cutting-edge for the time. The Killing Game, Future's End, Dark Frontier, The Year of Hell, Equinox, and more are all well-done two-parters.

Some of the best episodes were bottle episodes as well. "The Thaw" was a brilliant exploration of what fear is with an emotionally powerful ending. "Innocence" had Tuvok the Vulcan protection children on A remote planet, and "Mortal Coil" was an interesting and touching episode about death that Ethan Phillips as Neelix played tremendously well, in my opinion. Robert Picardo as The Doctor plays his character brilliantly.

More than anything else, the thing that sticks in my mind about reviews of Star Trek: Voyager is critics getting just what they ask for and complaining about it. Critics asked for more serialization and then heavily criticized the Michael Jonas-Kazon arc, the Chakotay-Seska arc, etc; prompting the writers to largery not attempt such sweeping arcs again, which is a shame. Critics called for more original episodes, then cried foul when Voyager's writers created some fascinating, action-packed explorations of the Borg, saying that they gutted the Borg as menacing villans.

Ultimately, Star Trek: Voyager is a better show than many give it credit for. Despite being somewhat uneven, the show is generally good- I'd give it an 8 out of 10.
  • VOYAGER - To Boldly Take An Excellent Franchise To Ruin

That title might seem a bit harsh though if you hear me out it might seem apt.

1) I do not hate Voyager, nor do I hate the premiss or the crew (like some have commented... okay maybe I hate Kim but that's really because he was useless and if only he hadn't won a place on that 'sexiest men' list we would have seen Kes for the next 4 years. Who let's face it wasn't all that exciting at first but was a character with so much potential it is maddening that they kept Kim instead).

2) I consider myself a fan of television before any sort of genre, though I do like social satire and speculative fiction (The Twilight Zone being my favorite for instance). As a result I have watched all the Trek programs and feel that I might be a rather objective about the show. After all I am just looking for a good show, when I watch a television program regardless of the genre (feel free to look at my list of favorite shows).

I have just about finished watching Voyager, a series I stopped watching during it's second season as I hadn't cared all that much for it. Recently though I went though some Trek with a friend and decided I'd give Voyager another shot and what I found was one of the most UNEVEN series I've ever seen.

From episode to episode I didn't know what to expect; one min you have one of the best episodes of the entire franchise, like with the 4th season episode 'Living Witness'.

The next time you tune in you're berated by an episode like 'Demon' which in my mind holds nothing interesting or original in it (even taking into consideration the later 'Course: Oblivion' sequel), then we follow that by another lesser episode.

Once I realized this the obvious question in my mind was why is the show so uneven? Is it the characters fault? Let's face it few of these folks could win an Emmy, even playing themselves... Is it the writing? Well how can that be, as I said some episodes are fantastic! So what's the deal?

Someone suggested that Voyager learned all the wrong lessons from Trek, that it was cartoony outfits or the sterile atmosphere that made Voyager the Mariner with the albatross around it's neck. But I think it was a more basic lesson they failed to learn. It was that the Powers That Be didn't Fully Realize the show's premise!

The PTB simply never really knew what to do with the show despite that fact that it was actually a really good premise, a premise which could have revitalized the Trek universe by taking it places it had never been before. The darker places. The places DS9 went to, the places Stargate Universe would eventually realize (sorry folks but SGU is actually a better Voyager series then Voyager)

Lets visit Voyager's premise for a moment, shall we: A by the numbers advanced Starfleet vessel is now stranded so far away from it's hierarchy that it would take them seventy plus years to get close to the outer rim of Starfleet influence. They don't have any Federation resources, they basically don't know a thing about where they are and half it's crew is killed. Voyager is therefore forced to replace those key members with group of criminals (I really wish someone would have used the term 'space-pirates' when talking about the Maquis on the series, who doesn't love 'space-pirates' I ask you?!).

But how do the PTBs work this premise into the series itself? They have the crew pretend they're still in Starfleet and keep doing everything by the book... And as if by wishcraft this then makes the ship invulnerable to any sort of long term damage. I've literally seen seen the ship in pieces one episode and as if it was just rolled out of Utopia Planitia Fleet Yards in the next episode.

YES, they did take all the wrong lessons from TNG and DS9! Those series were about adapting to new audiences / to new eras, in fact both those shows shook themselves up as they went along and became stronger. Not because they had better writer (heck the writer who created the Borg was gone by the end of season two of TNG) or new actors, they claimed success because they evolved the character and the stories making them relevant and interesting to people watching the shows.

But the PTB also took the wrong lesson from The Original Series as well. Voyager put a diverse cast together for the sake of a diverse cast. Whereas Uhura was singing opera like music and Sulu was obsessed with the Three Musketeers, Voyager puts Chakotay on vision quests and the less said about 'Grumpy Torres' the better.

I personally think Chakotay was one of the best characters on the show, yet all we ever seem him do is muse about the beauty and majesty of some primitive alien species. Paris wasn't the Kirk the series wanted but making him obsessed with the 20th century was a ridiculous way to have us relate to the show. Neelix became more interesting as the series went on but we still didn't know him. While the Captain didn't know who she wanted to be, one min she was all Picard then next she was Kirk. I wanted to like her, and she wasn't bad, but that's all I can say about her. All-in-all I didn't care if she, or any of the character I just mentioned, lived or died on the series.

To this day Picard being tortured by the Cardassians in 'Chain of Command' or O'brien spending his life in prison in 'Hard Time' are shining examples of development that effects the characters, and viewers, in ways that no episode of Voyager ever did, simply because we didn't care enough of about these one-dimensional parodies of Trek characters we were watching.

There were perhaps two characters that became rounded (I hesitate to call them "well-rounded") and that was The Doctor and Seven of Nine. Heck Lt. Barclay was more well-rounded and that was because of a handful of TNG episodes. Even Naomi Wildman had more depth to her than say B'elanna, who despite a number of episodes dedicated to growing her character, she never-ever evolved ('Drive' is a prime example of how ridiculous her character was).

The problem must then be with what I've refereed to as the Powers That Be, but lets put the correct title to those mysterious powers: The Showrunner(s). For ST Voyager it was Michael Piller and then Jeri Taylor (who I'm sure had to deal with pressures from Paramount). These are the people who decided the course of the show. And that course involved what they liked about the Trek, but because they came from the false premise - What they liked about Trek was what made the program successful: Space battles, hot alien girls, holodeck episodes (Voyager has more of those than any other Trek), iffy story continuity, dazzling technology and diverse characters.

They were so caught up in what they thought to be correct they forgot that CREATION is driven by restriction and conflict. Perhaps we just didn't have the right elements in the Voyager production team, longtime Trek producers Ira Steven Behr & Ronald D Moore, who had both worked on TNG and DS9, were no where to been seen on Voyager. Well, Moore did write 'Survival Instinct' and 'Barge of the Dead' before he was "forced out" of the series (he eventually landed on his feet, recreating a little series for the SicFi channel called Battlestar Galactica).

Meanwhile Piller and his team followed that faulty-premise they devised on Voyager of overwhelming action action, bad story continuity, dazzling technology and one-dimensional character though to Enterprise (a series with almost no redeeming qualities) and they broke the franchise. Now we are left with these un-Trek movies that I'm sure many worry will translate into a very un-Trek series one day.

Even the original Kirk and Co. thought their way out of problems like in 'A Piece of the Action'

Now a series that was once rather Asimovie ("Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent") is, thanks to Voyager (and by extension Enterprise), a franchise where the logical Spock who kicks the $^!# out of people while Captain Botox has gun battles in highrise buildings (AKA Trek Hard).

That being said, who's to say that if Piller and Taylor had adapted differently we wouldn't be where we are, even SGU wasn't a commercial success. Adaption is change and change is fearful to people.

PS: While I did like the guest appearances of Jason Alexander, the Rock and Sarah Silverman (BTW wasn't there supposed to be a Eugenics War going on in 1996 Mr. Piller?) their episodes were also nothing impressive. If you haven't watched Voyager then do yourself a favor, just watch the episodes that feature The Doctor or Seven of Nine, you might not be as frustrated as the rest of us.
  • They got it all wrong

ST-VOY was the show that killed the Star Trek Next Generation franchise. But how and why?

Well, it was bad because the producers didn't understand where they should have imitated TNG and DS9 and where VOY needed to be different.

ST-VOY tried to capture the atmosphere of ST-TNG and the first few seasons of ST-DS9. But that was a bad idea, because that sterile atmosphere wasn't working anymore. The audience was fed up with these unrealistic flawless characters in those weird cartoony uniforms. (This is obviously not the actors' So this should have been changed.

Instead, they changed something that was great: the universe.

They put Voyager into a completely new universe. Everything known from ST-TNG and ST-DS9 was gone. That was a huge mistake; especially, since they could not establish long-term enemies,

as Voyager was always moving on, leaving every new race behind quickly.

And there is a third reason why the show was so bad: the stupid premise.

Every time an episode deals with a chance of Voyager getting home, the audience already knows that it won't happen because that would end the whole series. D'uh.
  • Brilliant Show

To be fair. There are also a lot of things that I do not like about the show. But let me begin with the pros:

---------

PROS

---------

Progress: With DS9 left to watch (I will not be watching "Enterprise") So far, voyager is better than The Original Series and TNG.

Janeway: I love this character. Not only for her acting skills, but also the personality of the character. Definitely the best captain so far.

Tuvok: A perfect choice for a security officer. Although his acting may not seem like much, it certainly struck a chord with me.

Doctor: The perfect replacement for DATA. Better in someways. DATA was a childish character in comparison. Certain aspects of the Doctor seemed hard to digest (for example, he falls in love in one episode). Overall, especially as an actor, I preferred this one to DATA.

Attention to details: There is a system of internal controls far superior to what existed in TNG. Meaning, these characters think before they act. They give a few words of reason, before they do something. I remember, many-a-times, grinding my teeth in frustration as I watched the incompetent actions of the crew in TNG. This one had far less of those situations.

----------

CONS:

-----------

The useless cast:

I'm 3 seasons in so far and I already find the following characters to be completely replaceable, starting with the worst

-Neelix

-His girlfriend (notice how I didn't bother remembering her name here)

-The Navigator Paris

-Kim (this one's purpose on the ship is most questionable)

-The engineering woman (this one is borderline. I must say, she looks better as a half alien than as a full human)

These characters proved least effective at raising any emotions so far. In fact, except for the engineer woman, I find the rest, downright annoying.

I can't think of any other CONS right now. Guess I'll edit this when I'm done watching the show.

For shows in it's time, I'd give

The Practice: 9.5

Law & order: 8.0

Compared to the previous series

TNG: 7.0

Original series: 6.0
  • good achievement to create so many new races

hi all ive watched all VOY episodes and to be fair i cant believe after all the year star trek has been around how they created so many new races its impressive Voyager has the best episodes of all the star treks it expaned on what TNG did with the borg it worth watching just for them some great ememies like species 8472, hirogen and krenim were some of the best episodes u will see

yes some of the characters arent as likeable as the TNG TOS crews but the episode were amazing

sadly it also had some of the worst episodes BUT DONT LET this put u off it a great show

thx for reading all
  • Only once.

Only once had I ever cared for a show as I had cared for voyager. As I am writting this (in the year 2012!!) I am 16 and was born in 1995. meaning I was born the year the show began! Obviosly I was not old enough to watch nor comprehend the material the show had given but, as I grew up my mother told me of a large franchise for a splinded show called Star Trek: The Next Generation. At the time I though this was some lame show about astronomy, and had dismissed it as lame and uninteresting. Yet that EXACT same day I found myself on Netflix watchin Star trek and hadn't fallen in love with it as my mother had said she had when I was an infant. Despite my normal nature to "lose interest" I keep looking for a intersting Star Trek show, and thats how I found ST: VOY. I loved everything about it! for the female captian (and as I learn the only one who had a SHOW devoted to the travel of HER and HER ship & crew!), the ship itself I even loved! after episode 3 you could say I was hooked! FOR LIFE!!! another example of how the show can reach people of ll ages and age groupes!
  • annoying voyager

I just finish watching watching voyager and I'm glad that I didn't waste my years watching this crap when it first came out. Janeway annoying , ensing kim every show I wanted him to die. Neelix would have gone out an airlock if I was on the show. It was the same scenario every week. Who wrote this crap. 11 year old kids. Example, our sensors can't pick up any readings, well let's get closer, oops. Were caught in an ion storm. What do we do now. Oh my. At least picard was smart enough to send out a probe. The sensors couls pick up a fart in. Storage bays, but when there was an alien life form the sensors never worked. The best thing that save this show was seven of nine. She kept telling the captain off. If seven had not been introduce, this show would have been bigger crap. To bad there wasn't an offshoot of SEVEN OF NINE. Oh they couldn't do that they would have to bring in. A 14 year old to write the script.
  • Not too bad, some great episodes and some stinkers

I disagree with some of the really negative reviews. IMHO the actors on Voyager actually "clicked" pretty well together very early, much sooner than even the TNG actors. There are definitely some great episodes sprinkled throughout the seasons and the episodes got better, in general, as the seasons wore on. However, I think that's true of many good shows. The premise was a very good idea about a ship full of people being stranded 75 years away from their friends and families without all the support the Federation could provide. The biggest issue, for me, was the strange science. For example this is the first time where we hear that the replicators require a "special kind of energy" and the crew will have to ration replicator credits. This seems like it would have been very easy to talk about how the replicators needed "special raw materials" that were sometimes hard to come by. Another thing that bothered me was the perceived lack of a cohesive high-level story plan for what we all knew would be a 7 year journey. A great, easy example would have been us slowly seeing the ship be altered as alien technology was added into the mix. One week there's a big battle and the ship receives some significant damage and the next week she's looking good as new, right out of the Federation ship yards. I just have a hard time believing that Voyager would have kept that nice new showroom feel for 7 years while the ship was stranded 75 years away from the nearest star base. However, don't let that scare you off. The show was much better than many give it credit for. It was great having a strong female lead as the captain.
  • Best show for young minds

I do like the way this show was produce and believe that shows like voyager needs to be seen more,because it will open the minds of the next generation . Love the shows and please make more.
  • Star Trek Voyager

I loved Voyager from the very beginning, yes the first few years had some slow moments dealing with all that dumb character development. I remember going into some Star Trek chat rooms, and most of the men would be booing and hissing at Voyager because it had a female captain. Which made me love it, and defend it even more. As corny as it might sound this should have been named Voyager Lost in Space. They weren't pulled into the Delta quadrant thru a wormhole like I read someone up above say. But thru some kind of spacial vortex by some kind of omnipotent being called a caretaker. Once Voyager hit its stride about half way thru the third season.the action was intense and often. I can't imagine this having been successful without Kate Mulgrew. I can't remember the french woman she replaced, but she was a lifeless cardboard cutout compared to Kate.I remember fearing that they would not get Voyager home before ending the show. But when they did finally get home in the last show called "Endgame", they did so with a tear of joy in my eye
  • sanctifyme196

To be honest, when the series first began, I could only rate this show as being 'okay,' which was disappointing as I had high hopes for the new female captain. But with each passing season the cast of characters progressively evolved, just as they had on the original Star Trek, until before I knew it, they became completely believable! But it still lacked the kind of 'on board' chemistry that made the first ST both interesting and memorable. This gap was successfully bridged with the addition of Jerry Ryan as 7of 9 as the buxom borgette' that captain Janeway rescues from the collective and provides her with the opportunity to rediscover her sense of humanity bit by bit, episode by episode. The chemistry that develops between these very strong female figures during the remaining seasons was comparable to the chemistry that existed between Kirk and Spock, and theirs was a bond that had remained unrivaled (in my opinion) for nearly 30yrs. Quite an achievement if you ask me, not to mention being a stroke of good luck. By the time the series ended I was totally addicted. If you haven't seen it and are not too thrilled with the first few episodes, take my advise and go to the later shows where the characters are well-developed and the cast has taken on a relaxed familiarity with one another, making for a significant improvement.Then come back and tell the rest of us trekkers what you think....
  • Star Trek: Voyager

Star Trek: Voyager is the only Star Trek Series I've watched in entirety and I must say this is one of my favorite series of all time! The characters were diverse and interesting, the story lines were packed with action, drama and intrigue with a little mystery and suspense. Captain Janeway is one of the toughest female leaders of modern television and I enjoyed watching her in action. This series had it all from great space scenes, to touching character moments, and a good sense of humor. Seven of Nine was one of my favorite characters of all time as well. This series is definitely worth watching, though some episodes are slower and may be hard to get through, but they are all worth it!!!!!!!!!
  • This is about a starship called Voyager that is trying to get home, after the Caretaker sent the crew 75 years away from home! Now it's up to Captain Janeway to get her crew back home, while looking for short cut.

Love this show! Miss this show, wish they can bring them back! I really enjoy watching it when I first watch it, It had so many great charaters. B'Elana Torres will always be my most favorite character along with Tom Paris. This shows had some up and down, But it's still worth watching. I find it intresting that there are two main villian on the show, It's Seska from season 1-3, and the Borg Queen from Season 5-7. The best episin my opinon has to be "Someone to watch over me." cause it was that episode that got me into watching Watching. If you haven't seen it, It's really worth watching.. I can go on nameing alot of great episodes!
  • Thoughts on Voyager.

I used to watch Voyager as a kid but it was even more fun rewatching it as a teenager. There were things I remembered and things I didn't but I loved watching it with my siblings that did remember.

The action in Voyager was so exciting lol. I really had a lot of fun watching it everyday from 4 to 6.

My mom watched with me and the funny thing was she didn't remember everything either.

I remember my parents recording it with the VHS and it would always get messed up and I didn't know how to fix it.

Now I record it myself with our DVR and let me tell you its a lot easier lol.
  • Star Trek: Voyager is the best Star Trek spin off of them all. It was different from the others in terms of the plot. Unlike many of the other spin offs, Voyager's goal is not exploration but to fight their way home from the dangerous Delta Quadrant.

Voyager is a Federation star ship, which was in pursuit of a Maquis ship in the Badlands. While chasing the ship Voyager was sucked into a "worm hole" which transported them 70,000 light years from Earth into the Delta Quadrant. The Captain of the ship, Captain Kathryn Janeway. Is leading her ship home, and will return home no matter what. The Delta Quadrant is a completely unknown region of space and is invested with hostile species including a powerful race of cyborgs appropriately named the Borg. The Borg's mission is to assimilate everyone into their collective. Janeway and her crew are a lone starship in a hostile environment, They are always the "under dog" because they do not have the ability to call for help from Star Fleet. While in the Delta Quadrant they also encounter friendly aliens such as a man who now lives on Voyager named Neelix. They also bring a Borg onto their ship named Seven Of Nine who they rescued from the Borg collective.

It is very interesting to see a futuristic space ship encounter aliens while fighting there way home this show is very unique and always exciting.
  • The worst in the Star Trek universe

0.4
    This is the worst show in the Star Trek universe. I have nothing against the idea of a female captain, but she can't act. Janeway is just boring. All the Characters (beside the doctor) are boring. None of them can act. The storylines are so cheesy!!! The show even got worse when they put on the big breasted borg.
  • voyager is a great series, why dont people like it?

voyager is a great series, why dont people like it? I mean, they are stranded in the delta quadrant, they do the best they can, so far, they have survived. A great skill is needed for such enterprise, perhaps the captain is a bit rush and coffe addicted, but she does better than Archer or Sisko.
  • Star Trek: Voyager is without a doubt the best T.v series that this franchise has to offer to this day.

I am addicted to this show, and can\'t stop watching it! This would be the third time I\'m watching it from the beginning till the end. After this round, I will finaly buy the DVD's
  • My all time favorite Star Trek.

My all time favorite Star Trek. I believe VOyager is the most intelligent the most dramatic and most interesting of all Star Treks. I think it just has alot more heart. The reason being is they were fighting to get home rather than just exploring although they did this along the way and that last episode was the greatest of all time. Though I believe they could of stretched it out a few more seasons.

• Why don't they rerun this anymore?

I remember watching this only a few years ago, but I don't have very fond memories of it. If SciFi reruns the original Star Trek, and Spike TV reruns TNG and DS9, why can't I find Voyager running anywhere? It makes no sense...

Now I wonder what they'll do with "Enterprise"...
  • You would think the name Star Trek alone would give you an 8.5.... Think again!

6.8

Way to ruin Star Trek! This show was so bad… As Soon as they introduced 7 of 9 you could tell they just quit trying. I mean from the weak characters… Kes/Nelix/Harry/ to the beating a dead horse… 7 of 9 acting human…Dr being given human respect… I mean it just bogs down to a stand still season 4, and then they go Borg crazy, and utterly destroy one of the most awesome bad guys group ever. It just so happens Janeway is the Borg killer now? I mean damn, she runs into them every week, and just keeps going her marry way with out a scratch. Oh yeah, they may have killed a ensign down in some tube no one ever knew, but other than that this show had no bearing or consequence other than those lost souls trying to get home, but doing everything in their power to delay that task. I don’t know how many times they came a cross a planet with some fuel they needed and some primitive wimps said… “No, we don’t share with strangers” and we go through an entire episode of bargaining and blah blah blah… and we are left with nothing… No fuel gain.. no time off the trip.. Just some bootleg incite into supposed “human behavior”.. This show was bad. I can see why the episode where Tom Paris went warp 10 is the worse episode of any Trek ever. At the end he turned into a damn Lizard!! What the Hell!!
  • Although it has the Star Trek name on it, its not what you'd expect it to be. I highly recommend this show for any Star Trek fans, even my ex loved this show, and she hates TNG & DS9!

The first time I saw this scheduled in the TV guides, I thought “Oh no, not another spin-off”. As I soon realised, Voyager is not just another spin-off, but nor is it the same as the other Star Trek series.
    The crew itself is different from the others we are familiar with (The Next Generation, Deep Space Nine) such as Kathryn Janeway, the first female captain we’re to become familiar with, The eager but still wet-behind-the-ears ops officer Harry Kim, arrogant parole helm officer Tom Paris, Calm, measured Vulcan tactical officer Tuvok, the socially impaired holographic Doctor and of course, many of the crew are now the former Marquis crew that Voyager was dispatched to hunt down to begin with, including first officer Chakotay and Chief Engineer B’lanna Torres.
    Picked up along the way, and welcomed to the fold are Ocampan Kes, who will only live upto about 7 years of age, Talaxian Neelix, who then takes on the roles of chef and ‘marole officer’, and of course, Seven of Nine, the liberated Borg drone.
    There are also some familiar faces, including some of the TNG cast (Riker, Barclay, Troi) and some familiar problems, including the return of the Borg, and the troublesome Q.
    As Voyager starts to make its way back home to the Alpha Quadrant, it encounters new and different races such as the Kazon, Hirogen, Ocampans and many more.
    Voyager’s crew also participates in many things that I seriously doubt Picard or Sisko would do, such as take part in a race, stop a Q civil war that would of held universal wide repercussions, and possibly more time travelling problems than Kirk himself.
    This show also has its funny moments, even though it doesn't try too hard to be that funny.
    From beginning to end, this has been a thoroughly enjoying series, and hopefully the makers will use this as a basis for other spin-offs, after all, there’s a whole Quadrant out there to be explored…
  • What an ensamble cast! I've been fortunate to have dinner with both Robert Picardo and Ethan Phillips. I want to meet Robert Duncan McNeill. This show made me both laugh and cry. Most importantly it gave me different perspective on things I had once thoug

What can be said about spending 7 years with such a tight knit group of people, and actually feeling like they are friends? And even moreso, being able to actually talk to two members of the cast personally. This show, to me is real MUST SEE tv. I remember Kate Mulgrew from my much younger days, when she played Mrs. Columbo. She remained mesmerizing to me all through the Voyager years. Bob McNeill's Tom Paris is a character I mmost closely identify with: not easily trusted, but as true a friend as you could ask for. I might be one of the FEW fans of this show who didn't piddle over Jeri Ryan (Seven of Nine), but she had a very meaty role and made me think a lot. I always loved Robert Picardo's Doctor. A guy who was kicked around a lot and persevered, and was not only a hero, but a model for how our prejudices should be handled. To one and all from that cast. Thank you for an HONORABLE seven years.
  • This is the show about a group of people who could not be more different who are all put in the same predicament: away from everything that is familiar, seperated from their loved ones and everything that they have taken for granted all their lives, and s

This is undoubtebly the series that Gene Roddenberry would have been most proud of. While creating Star Trek: The Next Generation, the Great Brid of the Galaxy insisted that the writers avoid resorting to conflict to make the show interesting. He wanted them to find other ways to make the show interesting, which not only was different from anything else that had ever been on television (including the Original Series), but would set an idealistic moral standard that countless Trekkies still follow today, even now that star trek no longer graces our screens (for a while!) I think Star Trek: Voyager returns to Gene's true wishes for what star trek should be: a show that teaches us that no matter how different we are, we must all work together to survive. TNG was about exploration, science. DS9 was about courage and cooperation. Voyager was about people. Take your pick.

P.S. the 0.2 missing is for the episode "threshold" and the Michael Jonas story arc in the second season.
  • A woman captain...gotta love a woman in power.

This show had heart.

I love the episode with the Doctor and his family. That was one of the best episodes ever created for Star Trek. He didn't allow them to alter the holographs. It was good.

They had a great cast of characters..even though some of them might be ungratefull (7of9). I loved that they had a woman captain. I love they had a cook. I love that they tried to up hold rules even though they were no where near anyone that would penailize them for what they did.

The year of hell was a great two parter. Voyager messing with the borg was awesome. Voyager being hijacked was a great cliffhanger. Great writing all around.

And above all I love how they sent this show off. It was the best ending to any series I have ever witnessed and it is great that it was allowed a wonderful send off. Voyager is by far my favoirte out of all Star Trek series.
  • Of All The Star Treks, In All The Quadrants... Star Trek: Voyager is my all-time FAVOURITE!

This storyline is not only my favourite, but this cast really won me over. You see two white folks, of all of 'em (if you're REALLY into the show, because there are in fact four or five caucasians), so there's diversity. You see a fierce WOMAN sitting in the Captain's Chair making all the tough calls (most of the time without Starfleet Command to back her up), and you really get to see these folks mess up (and not necessarily have flattering, heroic characters through the entire series - there's growth and "evolution"). I'll watch a Voyager re-run 100 times and never tire of it. A good, good show with too short of a run, in my opinion. Seven seasons... HA! They were supposed to go two more seasons. Damn the borg! They jinxed it!!! (*wink* A lame Seven of Nine joke. Yuck yuck yuck!)
  • captain kathryn janeway and her crew at the ss voyager goes where "no man has gone before." they accidentally got stuck in the delta quadrant, 70,000 light years away from the alpha quadrant.

i got hooked into the show when my brother was constantly watching it. i love the concept of having a female captain as well as a female Klingon engineer and a lady Borg. and a hologram doctor with no name! i like the main plot of trying to get the whole crew back home and the subplots of exploring the different cultures of the delta quadrant. i've been told that one could get philosophical insights just by watching star trek shows. voyager didn't dissapoint.

here are some of my faves...

fave character: seven of nine
    fave episode/s: everything that involves the timeline
    fave line/s: everything from the the Doctor (i'm a doctor, not a...)
    captain janeway and chakotay together? you bet. unfortunately it didn't happen in the series. ever.

• Star Trek Voyager is an excellent show that captures the human need to explore and be home.

Star Trek Voyager is basically just a show about a crew who gets thrown to the other side of the galaxy and their toubles as they try to reach home. However, that doesn't mean that it doesn't have content. Starting off with a new ship, Captain Janeway and the voyager crew is assigned to capute the rebels and suspected terrorist the Maquis. Then after both of them are thrown to the other side of the galaxy, they decide to work together against their common enemy. Then after the Maquis ship is destroyed Janeway decides to integrate the crew of the two ships. I love this part because it shows how humanity can do the best in the worst situations.

The rest of the series is the Voyager crew trying to get home. Along their way they meet with serveral different alien species including the Hirogen, the Borg, Species 8472 among others, Also though they are on their way home they almost never hesitate to go a little off their path to explore.

This show is great becuase it shows the best that humanity has to offer. Even though they face a 2 generation trip back to earth they never lose hope and always maintain their humanity.
< 1 2 3 4 5