Star Trek: Voyager

UPN (ended 2001)

gabfan31

Star Trek: Voyager Fan Reviews (143)

• Brilliant Show

To be fair. There are also a lot of things that I do not like about the show. But let me begin with the pros:

---------

PROS

---------

Progress: With DS9 left to watch (I will not be watching "Enterprise") So far, voyager is better than The Original Series and TNG.

Janeway: I love this character. Not only for her acting skills, but also the personality of the character. Definitely the best captain so far.

Tuvok: A perfect choice for a security officer. Although his acting may not seem like much, it certainly struck a chord with me.

Doctor: The perfect replacement for DATA. Better in someways. DATA was a childish character in comparison. Certain aspects of the Doctor seemed hard to digest (for example, he falls in love in one episode). Overall, especially as an actor, I preferred this one to DATA.

Attention to details: There is a system of internal controls far superior to what existed in TNG. Meaning, these characters think before they act. They give a few words of reason, before they do something. I remember, many-a-times, grinding my teeth in frustration as I watched the incompetent actions of the crew in TNG. This one had far less of those situations.

----------

CONS:

-----------

The useless cast:

I'm 3 seasons in so far and I already find the following characters to be completely replaceable, starting with the worst

-Neelix

-His girlfriend (notice how I didn't bother remembering her name here)

-The Navigator Paris

-Kim (this one's purpose on the ship is most questionable)

-The engineering woman (this one is borderline. I must say, she looks better as a half alien than as a full human)

These characters proved least effective at raising any emotions so far. In fact, except for the engineer woman, I find the rest, downright annoying.

I can't think of any other CONS right now. Guess I'll edit this when I'm done watching the show.

For shows in it's time, I'd give

The Practice: 9.5

Law & order: 8.0

Compared to the previous series

TNG: 7.0