Star Trek: Voyager

State Of Flux

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM Apr 10, 1995 on UPN

• Sleeping with the enemy

Spoiler Alert

This one made me sit up and pay attention. Suspenseful story, great acting by Martha Hackett as Seska, she draws me in and I love to hate her

Seska, that pretty little liar, spy, traitor! Need I say more? Oh yes, Seska and Chakotay were lovers once, and you have no trouble believing it

• spoliers

This is not a review. With no "contact us", this is the only way I know of to get a message to the powers that be at tv.com. With this episode of ST:V, tv.com has once again allowed a contributor to post an item with a MAJOR SPOILER without any warning, in this case a quote which reveals who the traitor is, something we do not learn until the very end of the show. While this doesn't happen very often, it really shouldn't happen at all. Since someone is supposed to be checking entries, that it happens at all is totally INEXCUSABLE. (The pages for several Perry Mason episodes even give away the identity of the murderer!). I really wish more users would move over to imdb. at least THEY identify spoilers.
  • State Of Flux

State Of Flux was a superb episode of Star Trek Voyager and I really enjoyed watching this episode because there were some disturbing revelations about Seska and her past. It was interesting to watch the crew work to discover what caused the explosion on the Kazon ship and another big question was brought up in regards to technology sharing and its ramifications. The Kazons were pretty cool looking aliens. I wonder if there are more spies or double agents aboard the ship. I look forward to watching the next episode of Star Trek Voyager!!!!!!!

• Voyager brings us this promising episode, showing us that maybe they will be worth watching after all.

After several rather lame single show episode we come to this overall story changing episode.
    Here a traitor is believed to be on board Voyager, as after answering a distress call from a Kazon ship they find some technology on their ship belonging to Voyager.

We get a rest from Tom and Kim after over concentrated on them recently, and instead Chakotay and Seska take the front seat. The suspense (at least when you see it for the first time) is pretty real in this episode, and your surprise as well. Is someone really going to be a traitor? And for some horrible moment you fear that this will be one of those no-affect stories and all will end well.

But without saying to much, this episode has affect on the rest of their journey. It is always enjoyable to see episodes that are larger than regularly. When they dear to do something that will change the course of the rest of the show.

I might of course start picking on this, saying that again Robert Beltran as Chakotay is somewhat lame, and that our traitor was way to obvious choice for a traitor. Would have been wonderful to pick a character that everyone actually liked.

I could also state again my hate for the caves - which once more is used here (so many caves in the universe...). We need to move away from these cave stories!

The props here were great, as we see the Kazons mixed or molded into the bulk of their own ship. That was well done. The first really promising episode of the series, where you will find yourself glued to the screen and invested in the outcome. Hope there will be many more.
  • Betrayal, ACT II.

Second episode in a row with betrayal. this time, seska. i dont remember what i thought twelve years ago when i saw this episode the first time but now its pretty obvious that she was the traitor. still, very nicely done by the writers. that scene in the sickbay bad- beautiful, almost believes her myself although i knew what to come. it is a real sign of strength to have two strong episodes in a row in mid-season like it has been here. how many shows have that nowadays? in most cases there are really good episodes in the beginning and end (even ST enterprise, except for the Xindi-season), but the filler episodes sucks... thats is why ST.Voyager really is a great show.
  • An away team from the “Voyager” is on the surface of a new planet looking for edible plants. A cloaked Kazon-Nistrim ship is detected above the same planet. So Janeway orders the away team back aboard the ship. Everyone is accounted for except for Seska.

An away team from the “Voyager” is on the surface of a new planet looking for edible plants. A cloaked Kazon-Nistrim ship is detected above the same planet. So Janeway orders the away team back aboard the ship. Everyone is accounted for except for Seska. Chakotay has a good idea where she is. Chakotay finds her and they beam board the “Voyager”. Seska makes Chakotay some mushroom soup. Seska found the mushrooms on the planet, but the other ingredients came from Neelix’s kitchen. Now A Kazon-Nistrum ship blows up. It has federation technology on it. Somebody gonna be in trouble.