Star Trek: Voyager

State Of Flux

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM Apr 10, 1995 on UPN

• Voyager brings us this promising episode, showing us that maybe they will be worth watching after all.

After several rather lame single show episode we come to this overall story changing episode.
    Here a traitor is believed to be on board Voyager, as after answering a distress call from a Kazon ship they find some technology on their ship belonging to Voyager.

We get a rest from Tom and Kim after over concentrated on them recently, and instead Chakotay and Seska take the front seat. The suspense (at least when you see it for the first time) is pretty real in this episode, and your surprise as well. Is someone really going to be a traitor? And for some horrible moment you fear that this will be one of those no-affect stories and all will end well.

But without saying to much, this episode has affect on the rest of their journey. It is always enjoyable to see episodes that are larger than regularly. When they dear to do something that will change the course of the rest of the show.

I might of course start picking on this, saying that again Robert Beltran as Chakotay is somewhat lame, and that our traitor was way to obvious choice for a traitor. Would have been wonderful to pick a character that everyone actually liked.

I could also state again my hate for the caves - which once more is used here (so many caves in the universe...). We need to move away from these cave stories!

The props here were great, as we see the Kazons mixed or molded into the bulk of their own ship. That was well done. The first really promising episode of the series, where you will find yourself glued to the screen and invested in the outcome. Hope there will be many more.