Star Trek: Voyager

The 37's

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM Aug 28, 1995 on UPN

• Amelia Earhart would be turning in her grave, if she were dead that is

Spoiler Alert!

Very entertaining episode, more so entertaining when I was a teen and saw it for the first time and so failed to see it flaws...

Biggest gripe of mine is that there's no way Amelia Earhart would have stayed behind on a foreign planet, even if it's populated by humans from her century. She's not given a strong enough reason to stay behind and these humans are not even her direct blood ancestors. Not only that, but we're talking about Amelia Earhart, a woman known to seek out action and adventure via flying vessels and you expect me to believe that she would choose to stay behind on a newly developed civilization instead of jumping on voyager and learning to navigate it among the stars? No sale!

Alright, I get that for the sake of the show she had to choose the planet, but the reasons are soooo weak.

Also the notion that these humans created a civilization on the Delta Quadrant and every member of the crew is happy to wave them good luck and goodbye and nice to meet you. Pppffft. Gimme a break. These are the only humans in the Delta Quadrant! Some of them should have begged to come on Voyager and many of the Voyager crew would have chosen to stay.

Another thing, oh how convenient that Tom Paris knows all about cars and the 20th century.

I know I'm being too harsh, I am watching Star Trek and suspension of disbelief goes with the territory.