Star Trek: Voyager

Threshold

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM Jan 29, 1996 on UPN

5.6
  • SUSPENSION OF DISBELIEF TO MAXIMUM, CAPTAIN ! Forget everything you know about Star Trek, science, and common sense, and this might not be so bad.

"I'm sorry". - Brannon Braga

It's ok, Mr. Braga, we forgive you.

This episode wasn't even that bad as I watched it (until the very end, anyway...). It wasn't until a few minutes later I realized that this episodes violated the continuity of most of the rest of Star Trek in general. I mean, the warp 10 thing makes no sense at all - what makes warp 10 so different from warp 9 or 11 ? It's 1X the speed of light that's the big deal. Plus, don't the Borg go faster than Warp 10 all the time ? Is that why they're all so ugly ? Didn't the Enterprise do it a bunch of times, including in ST4, 'The Voyage Home' ? And aren't we talking about occupying space, not time ? What's with the whole mega-evolution thing ? Are we all destined to become really gross looking and eventually turn into lizards (What the hell, Braga?) ? That really doesn't seem like the final rung on the evolutionary ladder. And then the solution, oh lord, the solution. "The DNA will just rewrite... itself". Even Picardo had trouble making that one sound believable. Ok, that's enough, I'm getting mad again.