Star Trek: Voyager

Twisted

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM Oct 02, 1995 on UPN

7.9
  • Kes' 2nd Bday

I never got why there was so much focus on Kes, she was such a boring character, her telekinetic abilities really underused, I mean, all she ever did with them was to make coffee boil or something like that. Anyways she turns 2 years old in this episode which does not make Neelix pedophiliac like at all, since you know, Kes is 2 now.
  • Twist and Shout

This is an interesting episode. They crew is lost on Voyager and no matter what they do they can't get things correct. As they plot develops we find out Voyager is caught in a rift that is warping the very fabric of space and there really isn't anything they can do about it. In the end it's up to the crew to trust Lt. Tuvoks logic and just ride the event out.
  • Twisted

Twisted was a great episode of Star Trek: Voyager and I really enjoyed watching this episode thought it seemed a bit redundant as the Voyager crew keep encountering incorporeal beings, but perhaps that would be the case out in space. It was cool to see the crew celebrate Kes's birthday, and some of the related drama and intrigue. It was fun to watch the crew seemingly run around in circles. The realization of what happened was really cool and sci fi goodness! I look forward to watching the next episode of Star Trek: Voyager!!!!!

• Interesting if not pointless.

In this stand alone episode, the Voyager's layout and geometry is inexplicably altered by a distortion of unknown composition. The crew finds that the layout of the ship is in constant flux, no doors leading where they should. It is interesting watching the crew attempt to both figure out what is going on, and to compensate for the random and illogical geometry of the ship. Although this is an interesting concept, it does leave one with an unsatisfying ending. True to the classification, ultimately "nothing happens". This is an interesting episode which doesn't really advance the character development, or the overall series.
  • This kind of episode is why I watch Star Trek......

....Good quality well writen science fiction, thats Star Trek. Its the reason I've watched it for years and I think you can place a certain value on a programe of this genre taking the time to produce good stand-alone episodes. Sometimes I just want to watch a random episode of a series for the hell of it - Twisted is a fine example of a good episode with minimal relation to others. Lets leave the "absolutely must see series" to lost & 24. I like my Star Trek casual.
  • It is Kes’s Birthday. Kes is now 2 years old. There is a party in the holodeck. Harry Kim wants to attend, but he is on duty. Tuvok sees Kim is preoccupied of thoughts of the party. Tuvok tells Kim to check out the holodeck emitter array.

It is Kes’s Birthday. Kes is now 2 years old. There is a party in the holodeck. Harry Kim wants to attend, but he is on duty. Tuvok sees Kim is preoccupied of thoughts of the party. Tuvok tells Kim to check out the holodeck emitter array. Kim goes to leave the bridge. Tuvok sees a spatial distortion in the shape of a ring and tells Kim to belay that order. Tuvok notifies Janeway on the holodeck, but his transmission is distorted. Janeway tries to make it to the bridge, but ends up somewhere else. How will this end?
  • the fans LOVED it ...the cast HATED it!

I asked Robbie McNeil (Tom Paris) at a star trek voyager convention if there was an episode the cast hated, to my total suprise he said 'Twisted' however once we started talking it became apparent it wasn't the storyline he disliked it was the director, she had been really snotty with the cast and had rubbed everyone up the wrong way, it turned the episode into one big un-enjoyable experience so the cast relate to this episode negatively

but to watch...wow! its brilliant, old school sc-fi fun, the people walking round the ship in circles, all the rooms are muddled up, people disappearing, its so fun to watch!

its also very thought provoking at the end when the crew deal with the thought of death and talk about fear, preparation, its really tense!