Star Trek

For the World is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky

Aired Unknown Nov 08, 1968 on NBC

7.6
  • Dr. McCoy confides to Captain Kirk that he is terminally ill and has a year to live. At the same time, the Enterprise crew try to stop an asteroid from colliding with an inhabited planet, only to find the asteroid is actually a spaceship. A so-so episode.

My review for this episode will be a bit shorter than most of my reviews, as I just don't have much to say about this instalment.

The story definitely belongs to Dr. McCoy, and after playing second (or should that be third?) fiddle to Kirk and Spock in so many episodes, it is good to see him get a plot based more around him for a change.

The story also has more depth to it than many of the shallow third season offerings, with McCoy's illness, and his decision whether to stay on the asteroid-come-spaceship as Yonada's mate.
    However, I just couldn't really get into this one. I don't know if I just wasn't in the mood for it (and the fact that my DVD was damaged, causing the episode to keep jumping, didn't help (I'm trying to get a replacement)), but I just couldn't get fully immersed in it as much as I could with episodes from the first two seasons.

Probably one of the third season's slightly better efforts, but not one of my favourites.
WZME