Star Trek Forums

NBC (ended 1969)

Could Someone Be Better Than Paramount?

SRP76

[1]Apr 28, 2006
    • level: 10

I read the threads on ALL the Trek boards, and I've seen a trend.

When talking about the franchise itself, posters seem to...well..."dislike" Brannon Braga and Rick Berman.

Also, some talk of Paramount mis-managing the franchise has been posted.

I've come up with a solution. I believe that SOMEONE should buy the Trek rights from Paramount, and set the franchise back on track.

I think MGM might be a good choice (then again, I, personally, feel that ANYBODY could do better than Paramount).

Any other ideas about which studio could run with Trek?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

lobomensch

[2]Apr 30, 2006
    • level: 51
    My feeling would be Warner. I don't really hold much hope for MGM given the shaky ground they have been on for the past 5 years, not to mention losing the Bond franchise to Sony. MGM has shown more care towards Sci-Fi, true, and most of their sci-fi catalog is owned by Warner. Their track record isn't too shaky with sci-fi either, with movies like "Blade Runner". I also would like to see Strazcynski from Babylon 5 brought in to do Trek, as he has expressed desire to do so. I would not want Sony getting a hold of it. They've dumbed down Spider-Man and other Marvel characters so bad it's not even funny, can't see them handling a serious thing like Trek. And I definitely wouldn't want Fox. Honestly, they haven't done any good science-fiction since "Alien Nation" -- I don't count the X-Files because that is more supernatural/suspense. Considering the swill that makes up 99 percent of their programming, especially in lame sex-comedies, hack news, and reality shows, they would ruin Trek worse than Berman ever could. Look at how much they've already lamed-out with on their one cash cow, the Simpsons, and you can see my point.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.