Star Trek Forums

NBC (ended 1969)

From Cold-Blooded Superpowered Killer to Logical Vulcan ?

Can Sylar make a good Spock?

Tronman100

[1]Jul 26, 2007
    • level: 11

So, the guy who played played "Sylar" on Heroes is taking over as Spock in Star Trek 11.

I'm glad to here Leonard Nimoy will also be in it as Spock too, I wonder how big of a roll he'll have. The "full" report is here (a more detailed one is coming later):

http://www.startrek.com/startrek/view/series/MOV/011/news/article/2300803.html?sssdmh=dm4.220124

Edited on 07/26/2007 5:22pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

alyssa01

[2]Jul 27, 2007
    • level: 15
    I cant believe that he is no where near sexy enough to play Spock, this sucks! I mean as much as I love Leonard Nimoy I understand that he cant play Spock in this movie, but I cant imagine anyone else playing him!
    Edited on 07/27/2007 10:05am
    Edited 2 total times.

sporkman5353

[3]Jul 27, 2007
    • level: 18

alyssa01 wrote:
    I cant believe that he is no where near sexy enough to play Spock, this sucks! I mean as much as I love Leonard Nimoy I understand that he cant play Spock in this movie, but I cant imagine anyone else playing him!

Im a guy so i really cant say but i know someone who would puke if you said that to them.

alyssa01

[4]Jul 28, 2007
    I know a few people a bit averse to the way i idolise Spock myself but it isn't just about the incredible sexiness of Spock it is also whether or not anyone can play him to the same level that Leonard Nimoy did, he truly did a truly remarkable job of making the character so lovable and interesting. i am just unsure as to whether this guy ( or any other ) can measure up!
    Edited on 07/28/2007 9:42am

Tronman100

[5]Jul 30, 2007
    • level: 11
    Well, I read the full transcript, http://www.startrek.com/startrek/view/news/article/2303393.html, and watched the video, personally, it makes me feel so much better about the prospects of the movie to see how happy and enthusiastic Nimoy is over it, he seems to really love it, and I'm fairly certain he's not the type of person who'd just go along and say that stuff if he didn't really mean it. Whoo Hoo!

alyssa01

[6]Jul 31, 2007
    Hey if Leonard Nimoy loves it then i love it!!!!!

macadamwest

[7]Aug 1, 2007
    • level: 3

Leonard Nimoy is usually a pretty good judge of charactor when it comes to Star Trek movies. I'm sure that he would not support it if he thought it was stupid.

That being said, let us all pray to whatever God we choose to believe in or the Universe or even logic-if you are logic based write letters that Matt Damon will not play a young James T Kirk. LOL

Buffylover365

[8]Jun 6, 2008
    • level: 16
    I agree that Zachary Quinto would make an excellent Spock! I was re-watching "Amok Time" for the 400th time... and during the close-up shots of Leonard Nimoy, I could totally see Zachary in his place!
    Edited on 06/06/2008 9:46pm

my1sunshine

[9]Jun 8, 2008
    • level: 12
    I've never seen Heroes. It's definately on my "To Watch" list, though. The only reason I will see the movie is because Nimoy is in it, and because it has recieved so many ringing endorsements from the original cast. But I am NOT crazy about a younger cast playing the beloved magnificent seven, but especially Spock. More than any other cast member..Nimoy has made that role HIS. It will be very difficult for any fan seeing other people in those roles. I personally don't have very high hopes for the movie. I think it's a cheap way to revive the franchise, and i think Paramount just sees it as a moneymaking machine. I'd much rather see them go forward again then into the past. But, I'll try to go with an open mind, though it won't be very easy.