Star Trek Forums

NBC (ended 1969)

How Old Are Today's Star Trek Fans?

lazyjay

[21]Jan 7, 2008
    • level: 30
    FrozenHeart_ wrote:
    Im 18, Only picked up an intrest in startrek about a year ago though, But since then ive seen every episode of the 5 series and all the movies : O
    Holy Cannoli! All the series (703 episodes) and the movies in a year?!? I've been watching Star Trek for more than 30 years and I still haven't seen all the episodes of all the series. I'm catching up on Voyager and Enterprise.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

IlyanaRVS

[22]Jan 7, 2008
    • level: 30

I'm 37, and have been watching ST since I was 6 years old. I don't know how many times I've seen each episode of each series - the only ones that I haven't seen repeatedly are the DS9 episodes.

GoldBug2

[24]Feb 2, 2008
    • level: 4

I'm 24 (going to be 25 in July). I got hooked on Star Trek from the original series reruns during the late 80's. From the episode, the Menagerie (favorite episode in the series) and beyond.

Angelus101

[25]Feb 6, 2008
    • level: 8
    m 17, i would have started watching since i was about 4 cause my dad watched it, but it wasn't until i hit 10 i started being more interested in it, i've seen all of voyager and TNG only a few of ds9 (wasn't a fan) dont shoot me for saying this but i liked enterprise i've just recently started watching TOS when i was younger i just saw an old program with really bad special effects, but now i'm watching it i think it's awesome, bit cheesy at times lol but awesome

lennydonkey

[26]Feb 19, 2008
    • level: 12
    30, I became a fan of TNG and the newer ones, and only recently have watched all the TOS. Sorry to say I didn't enjoy it nearly as much. But it was still very good.

davsul

[27]Feb 21, 2008
    • level: 10
    LOL!
    I'm 33 and I still love the original Star Trek

skeeter291

[28]Mar 1, 2008
    • level: 60
    I'm old enough not to answer the age question but I have been watching Star Trek in all forms for the past 27 years.

mage_merlyn

[29]Mar 4, 2008
    • level: 1

I'm 42, so you could say that I have been around since Star Trek was first aired.

Although it would be stretching the truth, to say that I have been watching it for that long.

I first began watching Star Trek at age 6, re runs of course late on Friday nights.

There are times when I still sit down to my own Star Trek Marathons, as I have every episode of each series, on DVD.

Live long and Prosper.

lamanchagirl

[30]Mar 26, 2008
    • level: 3

I'm 18, and I'm sure I annoy my roommate with all my Star Trek things and by watching it constantly.

Also, Kirk's butt did nothing for me, but Spock's mind... there's a thing to behold!

rhea77

[31]Apr 12, 2008
    • level: 2
    lamanchagirl wrote:

I'm 18, and I'm sure I annoy my roommate with all my Star Trek things and by watching it constantly.

Also, Kirk's butt did nothing for me, but Spock's mind... there's a thing to behold!

good girl (or boy?), it is good to see that "the next generation" of TOS fans still has their priorities right. You go girl, maybe you can convert your roommate?

Since the question was one about age: I am 30.

lamanchagirl

[32]Apr 12, 2008
    • level: 3
    rhea77 wrote:
    lamanchagirl wrote:

good girl (or boy?), it is good to see that "the next generation" of TOS fans still has their priorities right. You go girl, maybe you can convert your roommate?

Since the question was one about age: I am 30.

Yeah, I'm a girl. I hope I can convert my roommate She's more into dancing movies and shows... and anything in Spanish, but... we'll see

rhea77

[33]Apr 14, 2008
    • level: 2
    lamanchagirl wrote:
    Yeah, I'm a girl. I hope I can convert my roommate She's more into dancing movies and shows... and anything in Spanish, but... we'll see

Hey, she could watch Star Trek in Spanish!

pgsuperfan

[34]Apr 20, 2008
    • level: 25
    I am almost 62 seems like I have been watching forever lol

altotick

[35]Apr 27, 2008
    • level: 4

My older brothers were crazy about TOS when it was in syndication in the 70s and would always watch it. They even made a Super 8 mm short of their own modeled after TOS. I didn't really care much at the time since I was like 6 years old, was confused by the fact that every planet they went to had people on it that often dressed in weird, period earth costumes and had aliennes who always wanted to love Kirk. It always seemed incredibly geeky, boring and odd to me at the time and I would see bits and pieces of different episodes and never knew what was going on. Saw most of the Star Trek movies in theatres, though.

I stumbled across a few TNG and DS9 episodes here and there in the early 90s, but didn't follow the series. Then I had a geeky apartment mate who would always watch Voyager, so I watched most of those episodes from somewhere in the middle and got a little hooked.

Later I came back and watched most of the TNG reruns and liked them.

I tried to watch some DS9 but could never buy in to the darker and more political angle while being irritated with characters like the Ferangi, Odo, Dax and all the goony, slurpy, heavy make up and prosthetics, leotard-y thespianness and drama. Too bad, since I liked Sisko.

I had the same irritated reaction to Kes, Neelix and the doctor on Voyager. Luckily Kes got killed off as good thespian pixies should and Neelix got somewhat sidelined. I also thought captain Janeway had a frog stuck in her throat every time she talked, but I eventually got past it.

I found Enterprise unwatchable, and tried to like it for a season but had to scream "make it stop."

I'm now watching TOS since I really never saw most episodes except in fragments when I was a kid. The franchise managed to have 2.5 out of 5 series turn out reasonably well. (Make that 2.5 out of 6 if you count the cartoon series.) It's awesome when the formula works but seems sort of sadly pathetic when it doesn't. I'm sure I'll get hate mail and threats from the ST true believers, but oh well. :-)

Not so much on the checking out asses, but I always thought Scotty was pimp.

my1sunshine

[36]May 14, 2008
    • level: 12
    43 here. Always loved Star Trek, but went into full Trekker mode in 1982 with The Wrath Of Khan. I love all things trek. I have an oper mind but...a little more than aprehensive about the new movie. I DO want more Trek, but i would really prefer them going forward then re-hashing the old.

imadoobee

[37]Jun 13, 2008
    • level: 11
    I'm 31 and I can remember making so much fun of my dad for watching when I was a kid. He got really irritated with me and made me watch with him whenever it came on and I really started to like it! (the episode that turned me into a watcher was the trouble with tribbles) Now I'm hooked and watch it whenever I find it on TV. The only spin off that really did anything for me was TNG. Other than that series I didn't think any of the other ones were really worth watching.

cjhtwo

[38]Jun 15, 2008
    • level: 6

I'm 43 years old and I've been watching everything Star Trek for about 35 years. Through some quirk in the space-time continuum I saw The Search for Spock before I saw The Wrath of Khan and I wept uncontrollably in those opening minutes when they showed Spock dying. I explaind to people later that I hadn't been raised by Dr. Spock, I'd been raised by Mr. Spock. I just put in the DVD and I'm tearing up!

Jason5550123

[39]Jul 16, 2008
    • level: 11
    15 years old and I've loved Star Trek for as long as I can remember. The best shows/movies ever!
    Edited on 07/16/2008 6:41am

revbucky

[40]Jul 17, 2008
    • level: 22
    46 and lovin' it!