Star Trek Forums

NBC (ended 1969)

If you were given Q-like powers...

TelFan7

[1]Jan 8, 2008
    • level: 6
    what would you do with them? The first things I would do would be to wipe-out of existence all terrorists, drug lords and dealers, child molesters and rapists, and murders and traitors. After that I'd wipe-out all fatal diseases, but not the non-fatal ones (I believe people need to do some suffering) and I'm not for making the world 100% perfect. There needs to be some struggle and some work. You need to earn the right to be able to do certain things.

And for mischievous fun my absolute favorite thing to do would be to stop malevolent shape-shifting aliens (I'm hoping they exist for me to do this, using my powers to make them wouldn't be the same to me) half-way through the process of shape-shifting!!! Could you imagine what that would be like for them to be stuck between two forms (and still keeping them alive, since I believe they'd probably die if this were to happen to them)??

BUT my ABSOLUTE favorite thing (above absolute favorite mischievous thing) would be the knowledge that I'm MORE POWERFUL than ALL the superheroes and superheroines, supervillains and supervillainesses of the Marvel, DC, and other comic universes!! The Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Dungeons and Dragons,etc. universe (or whatever they like to call what they exist in)!! And the gods and goddesses of all ancient (and current mythologies)!! They'd all be PUNY in comparison!! In fact having Q-like power is I dare to say probably the closest to being like God (if he exists)!! Even if all combined they WOULDN'T MATCH MY POWERS!!! So what would you do?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

lobomensch

[3]Jan 11, 2008
    • level: 51
    I'd wipe out all the above you mentioned, in addition to religious fanatics, racists, warmongers, and greedy people as well. And I'd also use that power to give people the intelligence and insight to realize the only way life can be better for everyone is to work AND think on things together, instead of using prejudices/political affiliations/insecurities to justify their own selfish positions. Now that would be an improvement.

imadoobee

[4]Jun 13, 2008
    • level: 11
    I don't know what I'd do with the power but he was a CLASSIC character on TNG and so funny!

jackfloyd1973

[5]Apr 17, 2009
    • level: 4

cause marijuana to grow on all land not needed for crops, unleash the brown note on those that irritate me, the only types of modern music on radio are blues, rock, & reggae. change the star fleet uniforms to various types of tye-dye, alter the genetic engineering laws (just magically hack in to federation HQ) so someone engineered as a kid or otherwise against there will can't be barred from medical positions, of coarse the only superficial alteration would be red hair genes (putting them in), and otherwise make everything really psychedelic.

seto1

[6]May 22, 2009
    • level: 16
    I would erase horible movies like insurection and khan from the timeline of star trek,then maybe put myself into star trek as an admiral just so i can say,dam it kirk, picard, ben you cant keep going off half cocked.

TV_Knight

[7]May 25, 2009
    • level: 7
    Hmm... I'm not sure what I'd do, but I'd probably just go around causing general havok and having fun.

peach_25

[8]May 25, 2009
    • level: 4
    Interesting question...I probably be a huge pain in the butt to everyone.

seto1

[9]May 31, 2009
    Limitless power i may never mow the lawn again lol.

TV_Knight

[10]Jun 1, 2009
    • level: 7

peach_25 wrote:

You already are "Princess"! Besides wouldn't you use 'em to wipe out Bowser once and for all?

seto1

[11]Jun 8, 2009
    TV_Knight wrote:

peach_25 wrote:

You already are "Princess"! Besides wouldn't you use 'em to wipe out Bowser once and for all?

Your so lucky he doesnt have Q powers.