Star Trek Forums

NBC (ended 1969)

New Star Trek movie, Good idea or bad idea?

Deanna_T

[21]Jul 30, 2007
    • level: 28
    btw, if any of you want to debate over the "new" spock, it's on the Leonard Nimoy bio page if any of you are interested.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Chris3123

[22]Jul 31, 2007
    • level: 4

It all depends of course on how good the movie is. And we can't say anything about that yet. would also like to say that "prequal" does not in and of itself mean the movie will suck. It has no bearing on the quality of the movie.

Deanna_T wrote:
    out of the million ideas to come out of Trek, they have to make a prequel. let the MI, Alias, and Lost ppl watch it and us Trek fans can ignore it all together.

Or, you know, each person can decide for themselves. Myself, I'm a big Trek fan, and I am eager to see this movie. And after I see it, I will make an informed opinion about it.

Deanna_T wrote:
    i, for one, will not watch it. no way.

Well, that's you're right, of course. But then, you'll never truly know whether or not you'd enjoy it, or whether or not you'd consider it a good movie. But again, it your choice.

alyssa01

[23]Aug 1, 2007
    • level: 15
    I see what you mean. I am a devout fan of trek and will probably end up watching the movie based on that principal but i am concerned that it may be really bad which will ruin star trek ( especially TOS ) for me forever if it isn't done right!

heeroyuy2006

[24]Aug 6, 2007
    • level: 8
    [QUOTE="Chris3123"]

It all depends of course on how good the movie is. And we can't say anything about that yet. would also like to say that "prequal" does not in and of itself mean the movie will suck. It has no bearing on the quality of the movie.

Deanna_T wrote:
    out of the million ideas to come out of Trek, they have to make a prequel. let the MI, Alias, and Lost ppl watch it and us Trek fans can ignore it all together.

Or, you know, each person can decide for themselves. Myself, I'm a big Trek fan, and I am eager to see this movie. And after I see it, I will make an informed opinion about it.

Deanna_T wrote:
    i, for one, will not watch it. no way.

Well, that's you're right, of course. But then, you'll never truly know whether or not you'd enjoy it, or whether or not you'd consider it a good movie. But again, it your choice.

[/QUOTE]

I wholeheartedly agree. I don't understand why so many Trek fans are upset, especially when we only have a few tidbits about the movie. So what it's a prequel? Whoop-dee-do. So what it's in the TOS or near-TOS era? I mean, "Trials and Tribble-ations" and "In a Mirror, Darkly" were great and quite popular with fans, even though they were created during the so called "dark time" of the so called "terrible B's". Let's reserve judgement at least until we have alot more info.If you're still leery of the movie, you won't have to go see it or buy it, but I would give the friendly recommendation of at least renting it or checking it out when it's shown on cable.