Star Trek Forums

NBC (ended 1969)

No! J.J. Abrams don't do this!

ReclusiveWriter

[21]Apr 8, 2007
    • level: 13

Pike, eh? Well, if this is true, it would definitely be interesting.

Might cause some problems for us though. I'm involved with an independent Star Trek, like New Voyages, only ours is set about 30 years before TOS, on the Legend-class U.S.S. Yorktown, under command of Captain Robert April, with his First Officer, Commander George S. Kirk Sr.  Among our crewmembers is a young, recent Academy graduate named Christopher Pike.

Stop on by the website, if you want to learn more! www.startrekorigins.com

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

heeroyuy2006

[22]May 27, 2007
    • level: 8
    I don't understand why there seem to be so many opposed to a new film set in the TOS or near-TOS era. Sure, I have some doubts, especially if well-known actors are used to replace Shatner and the others, but I'm cautiously optimistic. I think the film has great potential and once more is known that most doubters will be appeased.

As far as Captain Pike being the main character, everything I've read about Star Trek XI either says out right or assumes that it will be about Kirk and Spock, though there's a decent chance Captain Pike will appear.

vq30de

[23]Jul 9, 2007
    • level: 4
    so true, i agree as well. how many bad ideas can keep croping up ?

sporkman5353

[24]Jul 28, 2007
    • level: 18

heeroyuy2006 wrote:
    I don't understand why there seem to be so many opposed to a new film set in the TOS or near-TOS era. Sure, I have some doubts, especially if well-known actors are used to replace Shatner and the others, but I'm cautiously optimistic. I think the film has great potential and once more is known that most doubters will be appeased. As far as Captain Pike being the main character, everything I've read about Star Trek XI either says out right or assumes that it will be about Kirk and Spock, though there's a decent chance Captain Pike will appear.

Yeah, i wasn't around at the tme of the original series but i dont get why everyones freaking out about a prequel movie, we dont even have a teaser yet. To bad its coming out on christmas.

sfviewer

[25]Jul 30, 2007
    • level: 27

Homer1894Gamma wrote:
    I can't believe this is happening! J.J. Abrams is directing the 11th Star Trek movie, and he's going to make it about the orginal series. The last movie with the original series came out 15 years ago, so i though that part of Star Trek had been retired. And he's going to have Matt Damon and someone else play Kirk and Spock. You can't have someone who isn't William Shatner play Kirk, and someone who isn't Leonard Nemoy play Spock! The Original Series part of Star Trek is over, and i thought people knew that. How about doing a movie on TNG, or better yet, DS9!

watch the movie before you judge it. when they killed captain kirk in generations, i thought it was going to be awful, but it turned out great.