Star Trek Forums

NBC (ended 1969)

Star Trek on G4

LithiumAngel420

[1]Mar 19, 2006
    • level: 4
    I am very excited about TOS airing on G4, as I will never have the money to buy the series on DVD. I know it starts airing on April 10th, but I don't know the time yet. I don't want to miss an episode, so I want to start setting my VCR timer ASAP.

I have already checked TV.com and G4tv.com. If anyone has any info on when it will be airing, please share .
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

LithiumAngel420

[2]Mar 21, 2006
    Okay, nevermind, but thanks anyway. It starts April 10th at 11 PM.

sl1974

[3]Mar 31, 2006
    • level: 10
    There is a mini marathon of ... I think ... 6 episodes on April 8th and maybe the Saturday after that. If looking to tape the episodes this might be the best time to catch them. They are airing in PRODUCTION order and not in the order they were originally aired in.

Hope this helps!

LithiumAngel420

[4]Apr 4, 2006
    I happened to catch that when I was looking through "MY Listings" here on the site, but thanks! Production order IS usually best, and yes, my VCR is already set.

sl1974

[5]Apr 8, 2006
    • level: 10
    I actually have not been able to rely on the MY LISTINGS portion of the site. Sometimes it loads correctly, sometimes not and I don't like the format it gives.

I double checked the times tonight for the 4/8 episodes on my DVR and they totally changed start times from a week ago. The episodes start at 9am and end at 4pm and each lasts from 1:10 to 1:25 per eppy. It is supposed to be the same ET or PT, but for some reason my cable provider in Washington state carries only the East Coast feed, so any other West Coasters should beware )

Apparently when the weekday episodes are airing G4 is making it an entire viewing experience - play the Spock Market, watch the show, chat about the show, and learn obscure facts and stories about TOS and characters. All under the guise of Star Trek 2.0. More info at http://www.g4tv.com/trek20/index.html

map586

[6]Apr 12, 2006
    • level: 7
    I HATE Star Trek being on G4. They show it for 3 hours from 8-10 and 11-12. Put video game television back on and get away from this adult theme you guys are shooting for.

lobomensch

[7]Apr 13, 2006
    • level: 51
    3 hours out of 24 and that is a calamity? If you don't like Trek, don't watch it, and don't complain here, of all places. That is redundant. BTW, adults play video games, too, we just don't spend 21 hours a day parked in front of them.

LithiumAngel420

[8]Apr 13, 2006
    I'm pretty ticked about the format for Trek 2.0 on G4. If you have not attempted to participate, you should give it a whirl just so you can understand. The chat area is too small for the thousands of people coming on to chat, the same messages are replayed on TV over and over, the "Spock Market" appeals only to those interested in aquiring fake money/points, the screen is too small.... among many other problems.

There is hope! Those episodes that air on Saturdays are not only full size, but uncut and in their original form. In addition, they air in production order (which is more helpful to a newcomer like me in establishing characters and timeline).

So if you want to tune in and watch some of the original series, I would reccomend that you watch on Saturdays from 9:00 AM EST to 4:00 PM EST.

TrekFan47

[9]Apr 19, 2006
    • level: 1
    I agree with Angel. I am a first-time TOS watcher and I hate having all that crap around the screen. My TiVo is set for Saturdays!

Has anyone seen the commercials they have been airing? They are funny, but very demeaning to the cast.

lobomensch

[10]Apr 20, 2006
    I haven't watched this yet, as I have all of TOS on DVD, but am ready to check it out to see the commercials you mentioned. Angel has told me they are pretty insulting, actually, which doesn't surprise me, given this crowd is the same ilk that finds the humor in Wizard and Toyfare magazines amusing.

darquesyde

[11]Jun 30, 2006
    • level: 53
    I finally broke down and watched it for a few episodes. While the "drinking game" left side was cool to watch, the message board rerun was silly as well as that Market thing (even though they are "Bidding" later to sponsor a July 4th episode).

The thing I did like was the top screen giving out random bits of trivia, but I like the whole "Pop-Up Video" idea anyway (like on the DVDs). But I was wondering why they only use imdb and wikipedia (startrek.com I can understand).

Has anyone who has watched it noticed any info coming from TV.com?

LithiumAngel420

[12]Jun 30, 2006
    I have watched and it stinks. No info from TV.com. Watch (or tape/TiVo/DVR) on Saturdays from 9 AM to 4 PM. Six uncut episodes and none of that crap in your way - so you can actually watch it.

realchic1999

[13]Jul 17, 2006

The facts would be interesting if they were spelled right and grammatically correct...I hate bad spelling and bad grammar.

And the "Uhura Undie Shots" counter is ignorant.

lobomensch

[14]Jul 17, 2006
    I've noticed this too, every time a corporate entity like G4 tries to be "hip" and usually puts the most annoying fanboy-pandering exec in charge, one that can't spell or write a sentence worth a damn.

ladybritcomfan

[15]Aug 1, 2006
    • level: 36
    LithiumAngel420 wrote:
    I am very excited about TOS airing on G4, as I will never have the money to buy the series on DVD. I know it starts airing on April 10th, but I don't know the time yet. I don't want to miss an episode, so I want to start setting my VCR timer ASAP.

I have already checked TV.com and G4tv.com. If anyone has any info on when it will be airing, please share .

It airs Monday-Friday at 10:00pm and Saturdays from 8:00am until 5:00pm central standard time. The early Saturday episodes are uncut and do not include the Spockmarket. Those start airing around 3:00pm.

ladybritcomfan

[16]Aug 1, 2006
    • level: 36
    LithiumAngel420 wrote:

It airs Monday-Friday at 10:00pm and Saturdays from 8:00am until 5:00pm central standard time. The early Saturday episodes are uncut and do not include the Spockmarket. Those start airing around 3:00pm.

The_MOW

[17]Aug 21, 2006
    • level: 5
    G4 has announced that it will be moving to 6pm Eastern starting September 5.

This means, including DS9 and TNG on Spike TV, we will get 6 straight hours of Trek every Monday through Friday.