Star Trek Forums

NBC (ended 1969)

Star Trek on TVLand

sl1974

[1]Aug 9, 2006
    • level: 10

Yes, you have read it right!

TVLand will air a special on September 8th, the 40th anniversary date, showcasing four of the most memorable episodes. Included will be The Man Trap, City on the Edge of Forever, The Trouble with Tribbles, and Plato's Stepchildren.

The network will start airing episodes on a regular basis beginning November 17th and will also stream full length episodes on their new broadband video player available at TVLand.com.

I will be recording the special due to most likely attending the 40th Anniversary Celebration in Seattle!!

As I have said before, TOS on G4 and now TVLand, TNG & DS9 & soon VOY on Spike, ENT soon to be on Sci-Fi.  Life is being good to me ...

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Miracleman1

[2]Aug 11, 2006
    • level: 8

Any word on whether or not TV Land be showing uncut episodes?

It always kind of irked me that Sci-Fi cut out two minutes of the show to fit in more commercials. My gut feeling is that TV Land will be continuing in that sad tradition.

sl1974

[3]Aug 11, 2006
    • level: 10
    I have not seen anything supporting uncut episodes on TVLand, and I believe they have only been available on the Saturday 6-episode marathons on G4 (lasting 7 hours). Everyone else has been cutting for time, and while I have never seen a whole epsiode on Trek 2.0 on G4 I think they are cut also.

The_MOW

[4]Aug 21, 2006
    • level: 5
    G4 airs a marathon every Saturday titled Star Trek UNCUT starting at 9am Eastern.

The_MOW

[5]Aug 21, 2006
    • level: 5
    The TVLand.com Message Board reports that the mini-marathon on September 8 has been extended by an hour to include episode 65 For the World is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky.

Trapper05

[6]Aug 22, 2006
    • level: 24
    I can't wait for Star Trek to be back on. I haven't seen it for almost two years. I hope TvLand puts it on at a good time when it joins TvLand in November. I have a feeling they are going to put it on during the day when I am at school. Hope not! Does anyone know what time it is going to be airing on TvLand once it joins it in November?

Trapper05