Star Trek Forums

NBC (ended 1969)

Star Trek: The New Voyages

lobomensch

[1]Mar 3, 2006
    • level: 51
    Has anyone seen this site here besides me? It goes along the premise of Star Trek continuing with a fourth season. It's a fan-run site where they actually have made and produced several "new" episodes; even getting TOS actors to appear, including Takei and Koenig - they even got William Windom to appear as Matthew Decker, despite the little fact Decker died, lol. They have new actors playing the principals. The acting is a little shaky, will say that, but the special effects and stories are surprisingly good.
    They have one episode you can download already, in case you are curious. It's www.newvoyages.com - would like to hear other opinions on it.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

alex20020712

[2]Mar 6, 2006
    • level: 7
    They also have support from Ron B. Moore, D.C. Fontana, Gene Roddenberry Jr., and others, and a deal with Paramount not to shut them down as long as they do not make a profit, all of which is rather amazing.

lobomensch

[3]Mar 6, 2006
    I noticed that with Dorothy too. Wonder if Paramount won't wind up stealing some of their ideas, though.

123home123

[4]Mar 13, 2006
    • level: 55
    I posted on the board about this a few months ago. It is pretty interesting. By the way, there are two episodes available: "Come What May" and "In Harm's Way."

The upcoming episode is written by Dorothy ("D.C.") Fontana and features Walter Koenig. It should be released sometime by the end of the year.

It would be great if they could get a couple of "real" actors because the special effects are pretty decent. I wouldn't worry about Paramount stealing their ideas because the studio doesn't plan on making any new Star Trek movies or shows anytime soon. "Come What May" doesn't have much of a plot so there's not much to steal there. "In Harm's Way" has a better story but it's probably not something Paramount would ever use. As for the Chekhov episode [SPOILERS BELOW!!]

I doubt Paramount would be able to use that story either. With a focus on Chekhov, it's unlikely the studio could use it unless they wanted to continue the story of Capt. Kirk's Enterprise themselves. The rumored movie is supposed to be set in between the eras of Capt. Archer and Capt. Kirk. Here is the spoiler: Chekhov is injured in some kind of radiation accident that causes him to age rapidly. This explains his elderly look in this series and how they are able to use Walter Koenig as Chekhov even though all the other characters are still middle aged. This episode is supposed to be the finale for the Chekhov character. The story should be much better than the original 2 New Voyages episodes since D.C. Fontana is providing the telescript.

lobomensch

[5]Mar 17, 2006
    That sounds good, with Dorothy providing the script. Am hoping that it won't be "The Deadly Years" virus popping up, since Walter doesn't scream that much any more.

SupermanNYC

[6]Apr 12, 2006
    • level: 45
    This sounds very good. I always love this series

The_MOW

[7]Jun 3, 2006
    • level: 5
    Also, one of the actors (I think the one who plays "Kirk") worked behind-the-scenes of TNG.

lobomensch

[8]Jun 3, 2006
    With acting like that, can see why he was behind the scenes there.

123home123

[9]Nov 9, 2008
    • level: 55
    I think his main gig was being an Elvis impersonator at an upstate New York amusement park. Really. That's why he had the funky hairdo in that first New Voyages episode.

lobomensch

[10]Dec 18, 2008
    The King isn't dead, he's somewhere out there, in star flight... Hunka Hunka Vulcan Love...