Star Trek Forums

NBC (ended 1969)

The banner should be fixed

CaptainMidnight

[1]Oct 18, 2006
    • level: 51
    I'm not a big fan of using the heavily "weathered" CGI Enterprise instead of the original model in the banner above, but that's acceptable. On the other hand, it's just plain WRONG to include a Klingon bird of prey, something that didn't exist until Star Trek III. While the movies are included in this guide as "Season 4," I wouldn't really consider them part of the series, because other than the cast, everything else was different, from the Enterprise to the costumes to the bumpy Klingons. Better to keep everything consistently in the TOS era. TV.com should use a D-5 battlecruiser if they must have a Klingon ship to fill space.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Zanshinkyo

[2]Oct 20, 2006
    • level: 28
    I agree with this guys point completely. That Bird of Prey is not part of this television series.

Though to be honest, there is NO reason that the movies should be listed as season 4. They were not created for television were created about 10 years after the show had been canceled and were significantly different from the original TV show.

lobomensch

[3]Oct 20, 2006
    How about the fact that we see Kirk 3 times in this banner, and yet no trace of Sulu or Chekov, let alone Nurse Chapel? That is really irksome.

skaizun

[4]Nov 13, 2006
    • level: 20
    Haven't you heard? This is due to an outtake from the upcoming 2008 movie, where a Klingon Bird of Prey was revealed to have been swept into the past during the Battle of Nerendra III along with the Enterprise C from ST:TNG's "Yesterday's Enterprise"! Didn't catch it? it was cloaked, of course!
    Edited on 11/13/2006 11:51am

lobomensch

[5]Nov 17, 2006
    I though the battle of Narendra III was about 40 years after Kirk's tenure, though... ENT pretty much bent the rule of BoPs being shown though, on the pretext of them not being the battlecruisers. Still, TOS itself didn't show this BoP period, so why is it here?

skaizun

[6]Nov 19, 2006
    • level: 20

lobomensch wrote:
    I though the battle of Narendra III was about 40 years after Kirk's tenure, though... ENT pretty much bent the rule of BoPs being shown though, on the pretext of them not being the battlecruisers. Still, TOS itself didn't show this BoP period, so why is it here?

Okay, okay, I confess!

I'm actually a deranged Ferengi who bought a derelict Bird of Prey, spent his entire fortune refitting it, setting it on "automatic pilot" to wend its way through the galaxy to put fear into defenseless passenger ships and freighters, tricking them into beaming over their gold-pressed latinum and other treasures (as I said, I'm a Ferengi!) without so much as a scan to see that there wasn't even a crew on board the Bird of Prey, and then - - - wouldn't you know it? - - just as the hold is nearly full, my ship happens to get sucked into that time string thing (I'm an engineer, dammit, not a physicist!) at Nerendra 3, so now, of course, I'm to blame for the bogus banner!

How I will ever buy my way out of this one, I'll never know!

Edited on 11/19/2006 9:03am

lobomensch

[7]Nov 19, 2006
    Just remember, dignity and an empty sack will get you an empty sack.

StarTrekFiero

[8]Dec 14, 2006
    • level: 1
    OK, here are two corrected versions I recreated to fix the incorrect things we don't like about the banner:
    1) Changes: Correct Klingon Battle Cruiser-

2) Same as above but with the addition of Sulu and Checov replacing Kirk making out with Shahna on Triskelion

As you can see I also changed the Star Trek white text to the correct color and font as that was also bugging me

Steve

StarTrekFiero

[9]Dec 14, 2006
    • level: 1
    Can you use image tags on this forum?

Here are the links to the images:

http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/465865/fullsize/star-trek-banner-1.jpg

http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/465868/fullsize/star-trek-banner-02.jpg
    Edited on 12/14/2006 6:46am

ElJorro

[10]Dec 19, 2006
    • level: 7
    How do you make a banner for a show, I would really like to know!

TVvuer69

[11]Jan 22, 2007
    • level: 58
    I do agree about including Sulu, Chekov, and Nurse Chapel.  And perhaps they could have better images of McCoy, Uhura, and Scotty without the transporter effect so their faces can be seen better.  Of course, they should keep the Enterprise, but if other ships could be included, they should be the Romulan Warbird, and the Klingon D7 Battlecruiser, the design of which the Rommies used in "The Enterprise Incident".

X-624

[12]Jan 27, 2007
    • level: 12
    Yeah It Realy Should Be Fixed. Big Bo-Bo With the Klingon Ship.