Star Trek Forums

NBC (ended 1969)

Was Spock the most dishonest crew member on the Enterprise?

archangelwho

[1]Mar 10, 2010
    • level: 19

With all of the other crew members you know who they are and where they stand on everything thing. But Spock goes though life denieing half of who he is. He talks about Vulcans do this, Vulcans do not do that. He never refer to his human side and the few times he does show his human side he mades up some story to cover it up. He placed his Vulcan side above humans while hiding & denieing his own human side. He is not being who he is unlike all the other crew members.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

skeeter291

[2]Mar 15, 2010
    • level: 60
    Spock was always a "tortured soul" so to speak. This is best seen in the episode Journey to Babel. The two sides at war with each other. I think that he was true to himself and his close friends.

Scott-

millerem99

[3]Mar 25, 2010
    • level: 51

I'm in agreement with Skeeter. I think "torn" is a better word to describe Spock - a constant pull between desire and duty. Another time this is depicted well is in "This Side of Paradise" when Spock talks to Leila about "self-made purgatories" and later confides to Kirk that on Omicron Ceti III, for the first time in his life, he was happy.