Star Trek Forums

NBC (ended 1969)

way out there, even for outer space

millerem99

[1]Aug 20, 2011
    • level: 51

So, I am not cutting on Star Trek because it's the best, but there are things about the show that crack me up because they are simply too far-fetched in any universe. For example, we are supposed to believe that:

- every female humanoid in every galaxy just happened to be young, perfectly made-up and elaborately coiffed, as well as totally devoid of any cellulite and ready to jump Kirk.

- the dim-witted red shirts are deemed qualified to guard a starship when most of them would have flunked boy scouts

- a whole race of people (Vulcans) live under complete emotional suppression and there are no reported outbursts or clinical depression of any kind on the whole planet? (not to mention you combine that level of mental duress with their spans of 7-year celibacy, yikes)

- the statement that "no human male can resist" those green girls. Honestly? Would any guy in his right mind lust after the female equivalent of the Jolly Green Giant?

what else?

Edited on 08/24/2011 9:12am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ChipsTheButler

[2]Aug 31, 2011
    • level: 9

millerem99 wrote:

- a whole race of people (Vulcans) live under complete emotional suppression and there are no reported outbursts or clinical depression of any kind on the whole planet? (not to mention you combine that level of mental duress with their spans of 7-year celibacy, yikes)

Never heard of the Planet of Hats trope?

Edited on 08/30/2011 11:46pm

millerem99

[3]Sep 3, 2011
    • level: 51
    No, never heard of it until now.