Star Trek

The Way to Eden

Aired Unknown Feb 21, 1969 on NBC

5.7
  • 50 minutes of my life I will never be able to get back.

Normally I don't write reviews on this website, but I had to say something about this episode. First let me say that I love Star Trek. I own the entire Original Series on DVD and I enjoy nearly all of the episodes. Saying that, I must also say that there are three episodes that are painful to watch: Spock's Brain, And the Children Shall Lead, and The Way To Eden, all of which are in the third season.

Of these three episodes, The Way to Eden is by far the worst. Spock's Brain was terrible, and And the Children Shall Lead was annoyingly terrible and probably even worse. The Way To Eden is a lesson in crapiness. The Enterprise picks up a group of Space Hippies who are trying to find the planet Eden. Kirk refuses to take the Hippies to Eden, which makes them angry. They decide to take over the ship by playing some annoying music and getting in to the Auxiliary control room. They get to the planet and guess what? Two of them die! At least we don't have to suffer them anymore!

This episode is filled with terrible acting and annoying characters that you just cannot stand. I have nothing against hippies, but the ones in this episode are intolerable. This is by far the worst episode of Star Trek. If you are watching TV and this ever comes on, just turn it off. You will just wish you would have done something else.
WZME