Star Trek

Who Mourns for Adonais?

Aired Unknown Sep 22, 1967 on NBC

7.4
  • The Enterprise encounters an alien proclaiming to be the Greek God Apollo.

"You're no God to us Mister!!!" LMAO

A classic Star Trek episode in every sense. Surprisingly great special effects, a great story and a battle of wills between Kirk and a alien making himself to be the God Apollo.

Sure some of these elements have been reused as others have posted but to me what matters most is if the episode is entertaining. It was entertaining to me.

The special effects were good as well especially the scenes showing Apollo such as him becoming a giant right before the crew's rise. A nicely shot scene.
    Although Star Trek was notorious for some outdated effects, they really made you feel like these things were happening for real.

Great acting by the cast and guest stars. Shatner as usual commands the screen when he has the chance.

Although the Enterprise has been prone to violence, this is an episode where that is warranted. Apollo is cruel, violent and unmerciful. He forces the enterprises to beam down to the planet to where he is and worship him for life.

Kirk and the crew try to discuss a way of breaking this God, or alien or whatever he is.

It has a lot of issues dealing with the whole Gods myth and how we deviated from Gods. It's a funny thing we don't worship Gods but now have substituted to worship other things like technology.

Nice entertaining episode.