Star Wars: Clone Wars

Chapter XX

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Apr 08, 2004 on Cartoon Network

• Season 1 officially ends

Anakin Skywalker returns to Obi-Wan Kenobi and apologizes to him for pursuing Asajj Ventrss admitting to Obi-Wan that it was a trap. While in discussion, they get an emergency transmission from General Barrek on Hypori. He states that his entire clone army has been destroyed and that only he and a few other Jedi remain. The transmission is cut off as he is killed.

On Hypori we see Ki-Adi-Mundi, Shaak Ti, Aayla Secura, K'Kruhk, Tarr Seir, and Barrek's padawan, Sha'a Gi. They are backed into a cavern where they hear the voice of General Grievous. Grievous, an alien cyborg attacks the remaining Jedi, killing most in the process with his lightsabres that he has collected from killing other Jedi. We are left with a cliff-hanger of Ki-Adi-Mundi about to fall victim to Grievous and his vicious attack...
  • A great season finale!!!

This was really good. The introduction of General Grievous was so tense, i did,nt no what to expect. It was so great how he used three lightsabers, holding one in his foot. LOL. Anyway i thought this was an excellent end to season 1, i wanted to see more. OK thats it.
  • Conclusion of season 1.

This is a awesome episode of Clone Wars. This episode also introduces us to General Grievous for the first time.

Plot:

The episode starts with the conclusion of the Battle of Munnilinst. (In this part we see the fan choice Jedi: Voolvif Mon.) The battle concludes,and Anakin returns in Asajj's ship (his own ship was blown up in chapter 17). Anakin tells Obi-Wan that it was a Sith he followed after all,but that he "emerged victorious". Obi-Wan is not impressed. He starts to give Anakin a lecture,but is cut off by an incoming message from Jedi Master Barrek. Barrek tells Obi-Wan that he and his Jedi team are on the planet Hypori,and that they're are surrounded by thousands of droids,and a creature he refers to as a-'new droid General".

Barrek's transmission is then cut off. He has been killed. Now it's up to the rest of the Jedi team (lead by Master Ki-Adi Mundi) to stop this new General. The Jedi hide in the wreckage of a Republic assault ship (early version of a Star destroyer),but now they can hear Grievous coming toward them. Grievous yells out an ominous message,tells them he will grant them a warrior's death,and to "prepare". We now see a very nervous Padawan named Sha'Ghi. (Which bears an uncanny resemblance to Shaggy from the Scooby Doo cartoons. Like wow!) He panics, and runs out into the clearing,where he unfortunately meets his fate when he gets stomped by Grievous. Grievous now faces the remaining Jedi,opens his cloak,and extends all four of his arms,each of which is holding a Lightsaber. It's now time to attack. Grievous comes at the Jedi with lightning fast speed,and manages to kill two of them. Now the only Jedi left are Ki-Adi Mundi,Shaak Ti,and Aayla Secura. It's not long before he takes down Shaak and Aayla (but they're only wounded,not killed). Now Ki-Adi Mundi is left to face Grievous alone. Grievous lunges for Ki-Adi,but then the scene cuts off. We now see Yoda at the Jedi Temple on Coruscant who leaves us with this message: "Darker,the coming storm grows. I fear,the dark cloud of the sith,shrouds us all."

But what of the fight on Hypori? Well,you'll have to watch season two to see the conclusion to that...

Thanks for reading! :)