Star Wars: Clone Wars

Chapter XX

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Apr 08, 2004 on Cartoon Network

• Conclusion of season 1.

This is a awesome episode of Clone Wars. This episode also introduces us to General Grievous for the first time.

Plot:

The episode starts with the conclusion of the Battle of Munnilinst. (In this part we see the fan choice Jedi: Voolvif Mon.) The battle concludes,and Anakin returns in Asajj's ship (his own ship was blown up in chapter 17). Anakin tells Obi-Wan that it was a Sith he followed after all,but that he "emerged victorious". Obi-Wan is not impressed. He starts to give Anakin a lecture,but is cut off by an incoming message from Jedi Master Barrek. Barrek tells Obi-Wan that he and his Jedi team are on the planet Hypori,and that they're are surrounded by thousands of droids,and a creature he refers to as a-'new droid General".

Barrek's transmission is then cut off. He has been killed. Now it's up to the rest of the Jedi team (lead by Master Ki-Adi Mundi) to stop this new General. The Jedi hide in the wreckage of a Republic assault ship (early version of a Star destroyer),but now they can hear Grievous coming toward them. Grievous yells out an ominous message,tells them he will grant them a warrior's death,and to "prepare". We now see a very nervous Padawan named Sha'Ghi. (Which bears an uncanny resemblance to Shaggy from the Scooby Doo cartoons. Like wow!) He panics, and runs out into the clearing,where he unfortunately meets his fate when he gets stomped by Grievous. Grievous now faces the remaining Jedi,opens his cloak,and extends all four of his arms,each of which is holding a Lightsaber. It's now time to attack. Grievous comes at the Jedi with lightning fast speed,and manages to kill two of them. Now the only Jedi left are Ki-Adi Mundi,Shaak Ti,and Aayla Secura. It's not long before he takes down Shaak and Aayla (but they're only wounded,not killed). Now Ki-Adi Mundi is left to face Grievous alone. Grievous lunges for Ki-Adi,but then the scene cuts off. We now see Yoda at the Jedi Temple on Coruscant who leaves us with this message: "Darker,the coming storm grows. I fear,the dark cloud of the sith,shrouds us all."

But what of the fight on Hypori? Well,you'll have to watch season two to see the conclusion to that...

Thanks for reading! :)