Star Wars: Clone Wars Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2005)

What choices would you make?

Shaneossky

[1]Jun 23, 2006
    • level: 3
    What choices would you make as Anakin Skywalker? What would you do differntly?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

swtt

[2]Jun 23, 2006
    • level: 18
    Never turn to the Darkside.

swtt

[3]Jun 23, 2006
    Or do you want more than that.

Shaneossky

[4]Jun 23, 2006
    • level: 3
    More,there were many more choices before he turned,and reading the Revenge Of The Sith novel really made it clear what was going on in his mind a lot better than they did in the movie.Although EpIII is my favourtite movie I think they portrayed Anakin turning far too easily, and really didn't do the character any justice. I mean,c'mon, he was the most powerful Jedi in the universe, with Obi-Wan as his best friend,who he considered as a brother, and he never even attempted to turn to him for advice, Obi-Wan would've helped him, even though it wasn't the right thing to do and the Jedi Order would still have been as strong as ever. I understand his love for Padme clouded his judgement a lot, but it was essentially Anakin who killed her. Padme died of a broken heart,she didn't feel any need to carry on without him, not even for the sake of her newborn children 

swtt

[5]Jun 24, 2006
    Shaneossky wrote:
    More,there were many more choices before he turned,and reading the Revenge Of The Sith novel really made it clear what was going on in his mind a lot better than they did in the movie.Although EpIII is my favourtite movie I think they portrayed Anakin turning far too easily, and really didn't do the character any justice. I mean,c'mon, he was the most powerful Jedi in the universe, with Obi-Wan as his best friend,who he considered as a brother, and he never even attempted to turn to him for advice, Obi-Wan would've helped him, even though it wasn't the right thing to do and the Jedi Order would still have been as strong as ever. I understand his love for Padme clouded his judgement a lot, but it was essentially Anakin who killed her. Padme died of a broken heart,she didn't feel any need to carry on without him, not even for the sake of her newborn children 

Very true you are thats right because he didn't have to do these things he really didn't also his mother he did not want to lose Padme.

ScreamingViking

[6]Jul 2, 2006
    • level: 6
    i would have been smart and read those hiroglifics on the cave wall

swtt

[7]Jul 2, 2006
    Yes he should of brought them to mind and the Council.

supperkat

[8]Feb 1, 2007
    • level: 6
    He'd should talked to Kerry Bradshaw of Sex in the City she would have help him get over himself.

swtt

[9]Feb 5, 2007
    Umm! No

pacojonezl40

[10]Feb 7, 2007
    • level: 21
    Not to defend Anakin's choices or anything, but he should've gotten help from the other Jedi. Especially when Yoda sensed his pain when he was killing the Tuscans. Yoda and Mace should have approached him about that. On top of his feelings for Padme, I think the slaughter of the sand people started him down the dark path.
    Edited on 02/12/2007 6:27am

swtt

[11]Feb 9, 2007
    Hmm very good point there.

pacojonezl40

[12]Feb 12, 2007
    • level: 21
    Thanks. I know the question is what would you do as Anakin, so I really didn't answer that. My direct answer to the question is that I would have gone to Obi-Wan. Even though Anakin resented him and claimed that he was "holding him back". Obi-Wan was his best friend and mentor. If he presented his problem(s) early enough, I'm sure Obi-Wan and the other Jedi Masters could have found a way to help Anakin before he completely turned to the Dark Side.

swtt

[13]Aug 12, 2008
    pacojonezl40 wrote:
    Thanks. I know the question is what would you do as Anakin, so I really didn't answer that. My direct answer to the question is that I would have gone to Obi-Wan. Even though Anakin resented him and claimed that he was "holding him back". Obi-Wan was his best friend and mentor. If he presented his problem(s) early enough, I'm sure Obi-Wan and the other Jedi Masters could have found a way to help Anakin before he completely turned to the Dark Side.

Maybe the Dark Side was also clouding their path and they could only feel,but not tell.

DarthFreeza

[14]Aug 13, 2008
    • level: 23
    Let's face it, most of us would probably had done the same things Anakin had. In Sand People had killed my mother I'd slaughter them without giving it a second thought. What would you be expected to do, take them ALL as prizoners? Just let them off the hook? I don't think so. Then marrying Padme, they both loved eachother and figured that if their love was true neither of them should have to suffer. Feeling that Obi-Wan held him back is natural, mentor's are ment to make you feel asif you're being held back when you arn't. The Council's decisions enhanced those feelings of being held back when they didn't make him a master. Nobody knew but Anakin going onto the council was pushing him closer and closer to the Dark Side. His dreams of Padme dying in childbirth would only make him more and more tence and nervous. The dreams wouldn't have affected him so much had he never had dreams of his mother dying. Seeing his dreams come true about his mother made him believe the dreams of Padme dying would come true aswell. The final step was Palpatine saying that Anakin could keep Padme alive if he learned the ways of the dark side. By the time he killed Mace Windu (which was an accident really . . .) it was too late to turn back and he had to play into Palpatine's hands. Killing Padme was not what he intended to do. Just to choke her a bit. He was acting on rage. Basically trying to hurt without killing but Padme had lost her will to live and died. That was the final step. As for Anakin not coming to others with his problems, it's like when you know you can't do something alone but you don't want to ask someone for help because of pride or fear of embarassment or fear of being shunned.

swtt

[15]Aug 13, 2008
    DarthFreeza wrote:
    Let's face it, most of us would probably had done the same things Anakin had. In Sand People had killed my mother I'd slaughter them without giving it a second thought. What would you be expected to do, take them ALL as prizoners? Just let them off the hook? I don't think so. Then marrying Padme, they both loved eachother and figured that if their love was true neither of them should have to suffer. Feeling that Obi-Wan held him back is natural, mentor's are ment to make you feel asif you're being held back when you arn't. The Council's decisions enhanced those feelings of being held back when they didn't make him a master. Nobody knew but Anakin going onto the council was pushing him closer and closer to the Dark Side. His dreams of Padme dying in childbirth would only make him more and more tence and nervous. The dreams wouldn't have affected him so much had he never had dreams of his mother dying. Seeing his dreams come true about his mother made him believe the dreams of Padme dying would come true aswell. The final step was Palpatine saying that Anakin could keep Padme alive if he learned the ways of the dark side. By the time he killed Mace Windu (which was an accident really . . .) it was too late to turn back and he had to play into Palpatine's hands. Killing Padme was not what he intended to do. Just to choke her a bit. He was acting on rage. Basically trying to hurt without killing but Padme had lost her will to live and died. That was the final step. As for Anakin not coming to others with his problems, it's like when you know you can't do something alone but you don't want to ask someone for help because of pride or fear of embarassment or fear of being shunned.

Very well said.

DarthFreeza

[16]Aug 15, 2008
    swtt wrote:
    DarthFreeza wrote:

Very well said.
    Thank you.

-batmat-

[17]Aug 15, 2008
    • level: 22
    really well said, Anakin was human, and he was like a normal person with a lot of powers, and he couldn't controle them (well he couldn't control his emotions)

DarthFreeza

[18]Aug 16, 2008
    -batmat- wrote:
    really well said, Anakin was human, and he was like a normal person with a lot of powers, and he couldn't controle them (well he couldn't control his emotions)
    Not alot of people can controle their emotions. (For once psycology pays off )