Star Wars: Clone Wars Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2005)

Why was Shaak Ti not taken in the series and taken in the movie.

swtt

[1]Feb 26, 2006
    • level: 18
    I know Daviorox might be able to answer this Why was it when General G was fighting Shaak Ti he left her in a electrical cord but in the movie on the deleted scenes for episode 3 she was taken along.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Gadget-Man

[2]Feb 27, 2006
    I noticed that aswell. Maybe thats why they deleted it, because people would notice.

saw_boss

[3]Feb 27, 2006
    • level: 9
    The cut scene where Shaak Ti was killed by General Grievous on the Invisible Hand was one of two death scenes filmed, the other having Anakin kill her in the Jedi temple. Both scenes were cut for some reason (the first contradicts Clone Wars, presumably the other was a time thing) but the Databank says that she was presumed killed in the temple so she wasn't taken by Greivous.

swtt

[4]Feb 28, 2006
    Thanks I was looking on the internet for Shaak Ti's death before the movie and I saw her on her meditation chair and Anakin right behind her with his lightsaber out.

Daviorox

[5]Mar 3, 2006
    • level: 12
    swtt wrote:
    Thanks I was looking on the internet for Shaak Ti's death before the movie and I saw her on her meditation chair and Anakin right behind her with his lightsaber out.

good u found it!!!

swtt

[6]Mar 6, 2006
    Yeah! and I'm happy to find the real truth.

Daviorox

[7]Mar 9, 2006
    swtt wrote:
    Yeah! and I'm happy to find the real truth.

o goodie!!!

swtt

[8]Mar 9, 2006
    So thats it the real way she died is Anakin not Grevious the General G was just something we could look at and see what might of happened.

Daviorox

[9]Mar 12, 2006
    swtt wrote:
    So thats it the real way she died is Anakin not Grevious the General G was just something we could look at and see what might of happened.

yeah!!!

darthsith19

[10]Mar 17, 2006
    • level: 3
    She was left alive so she could tell Mace what happened and then Obi-Wan and Anakin would go and rescue the Chancellor. That way Sidios could turn Anakin to the Dark Side and Dooku'd probably kill Obi-Wan.

swtt

[11]Mar 18, 2006
    Ohh! ok thanks.

Daviorox

[12]Mar 20, 2006
    swtt wrote:
    Ohh! ok thanks.

no problem!!!

Shloonktapooxys

[13]Jun 21, 2006
    • level: 7
    I strongly suggest that you all read James Luceno's Labyrinth of Evil.  It's set in the weeks and days prior to ROTS and is generally regarded as more canon than Clone Wars (even  though both are EU.)  It should answer some of your questions.

swtt

[14]Jun 23, 2006
    Thanks.

ScreamingViking

[15]Jul 3, 2006
    • level: 6
    cool

swtt

[16]Aug 7, 2008
    I'm still confused I read where Shaak Ti was spared so she wouldn't die and she would be left for the live action series. Is this true I', sure it is I read it awhile ago, but I don't see it anymore. Has it changed?

DarthFreeza

[17]Aug 8, 2008
    • level: 23

Ok, here's the full story:

Shaak Ti was supposed to be killed by Greivous aboard the Invisible Hand as in the deleted scenes originally. Lucas had planned for the makers of this series (Clone Wars) to have her and the chancellor kidnapped by Greivous together but nobody had told the makers of the show to have Ti kidnapped aswell. The scene where Greivous killed Shaak in episode III had already been filmed so they cut it out of the movie so that it wouldn't lead to confusion.

Then, Lucas filmed a scene where Shaak Ti is killed by Anakin in the Jedi Temple. It was originally cut out because of time restraints but Lucas stated later that Shaak Ti being killed by Anakin was not canon (part of the continuality). So in the end Shaak Ti's fate was left unknown. Now, the upcoming video game The Force Unleashed will feature Shaak Ti and will show that Ti survived order 66 and was not killed at all in episode III. Whether or not she will die in The Force Unleashed is unkonwn at the moment.

nxtbestdirector

[18]Aug 8, 2008
    • level: 9
    swtt wrote:
    I know Daviorox might be able to answer this Why was it when General G was fighting Shaak Ti he left her in a electrical cord but in the movie on the deleted scenes for episode 3 she was taken along.
    i thought she was dead after seen g this on youtube but then i read in a magazine ts deleted so t doesn't count it basically never hapened

swtt

[19]Aug 8, 2008
    DarthFreeza wrote:

Ok, here's the full story:

Shaak Ti was supposed to be killed by Greivous aboard the Invisible Hand as in the deleted scenes originally. Lucas had planned for the makers of this series (Clone Wars) to have her and the chancellor kidnapped by Greivous together but nobody had told the makers of the show to have Ti kidnapped aswell. The scene where Greivous killed Shaak in episode III had already been filmed so they cut it out of the movie so that it wouldn't lead to confusion.

Then, Lucas filmed a scene where Shaak Ti is killed by Anakin in the Jedi Temple. It was originally cut out because of time restraints but Lucas stated later that Shaak Ti being killed by Anakin was not canon (part of the continuality). So in the end Shaak Ti's fate was left unknown. Now, the upcoming video game The Force Unleashed will feature Shaak Ti and will show that Ti survived order 66 and was not killed at all in episode III. Whether or not she will die in The Force Unleashed is unkonwn at the moment.

Yeah, but I'm facing toward the foce unleashed I read where she was killed. Stabbed in the chest then fell in a mouth of a sarlac pit. Which I absoultley think is ridiculous. She should of survived, she's better than that.

swtt

[20]Aug 8, 2008
    nxtbestdirector wrote:
    swtt wrote:
    i thought she was dead after seen g this on youtube but then i read in a magazine ts deleted so t doesn't count it basically never hapened
    Yeah I already knew that part,but thanks.